Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Ok, here's the deal: I've been looking around on ebay for used celica performance parts(mainly big names like injen and AEM), but i keep coming across companies i've never heard of selling stuff for dirt cheap, and i was just wondering if anyone actually has any of these products or knows anyone who does. that way i can get a fair review from celica owners. here are some of the products and their ebay link(or the actual company website if i can find it) and prices they're going for

coilovers ebay link [cgi.ebay.com] $59.99

coilovers ebay link [cgi.ebay.com] $64.99

I've also seen some coilovers on ebay(gone now) for around $50 by x3 racing [x3racing.com]

and i guess the ebay item is gone, but the company also had this for for less than $60, it was a strut brace, but i cannot remember who made it, oh well, i'll add more as i find them.
and thanks to anyone with any info on the quality of this stuff.

~~Ryan~~ `n stuff

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I would not buy coilovers for that cheap. No way in hell. The suspension is a major asset to your car/ride. If you want to improve the suspension go with name brands, you know those can be trusted. If you want an off brand/cheap part, go with an intake and just buy a better filter. But if it is something important such as suspension you want to make sure you do things right. This is just my opinion. But it's your car, do what you want.

ok, i just found a cold air intake by x3 racing [cgi.ebay.com] its going for around $50, does anyone have this intake? if so, let us know how ya like it.
and trust me, i know better than to buy suspension stuff for that cheap. As a general rule you get what you paid for. i was just wondering if anyone had actually bought these so we could maybe a get a review.

~~Ryan~~ `n stuff

it's great how you're trying to save money but performance parts doesnt come cheap. Even if they do, it wont probably give good results. just my opinion. thumbsup

[Linked Image]

APC makes a strut braces front and rear, the front sells for $40-50.
But I wouldn't do any cheap springs.
There some air intakes, not sure about the fit, if you do try one, you might wanna chuck the cheap filters and get a kn xtreme.

i think i was being misunderstood a lil bit. i said i was looking on ebay for, and i quote,
I've been looking around on ebay for used celica performance parts(mainly big names like injen and AEM)
but in doing so i ran into some companies that i've never heard of and just to satisfy my curious nature, i asked if anyone knew anything about these mods, maybe the name was ok and i just hadnt heard of them. I do know that you get what you pay for and that $50 coilovers would usually suck. As soon as i save up, i'm not gonna take the honda way out like all my friends and buy cheap stuff that i've never heard of.
Oh, and thanks jimbo, i knew someone made a cheap strut brace, but i couldnt think of the name. I have heard of APC. does anyone out there have anything from them?

~~Ryan~~ `n stuff