New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#1050 Oct 6, 9:54pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Ok i'm leaning toward to get hotshot headers, does anyone know its hp gains on the GT? i already have an injen intake and a greddy exhast, will i beable to feel the difference? and if i ordered the headers directly from hotshot, do you know how long and how much shippinh and handling might cost? thanx thumbsup

#1051 Oct 6, 11:13pm
i have been looking for some headers for my car,,,how much are the ones you are talking about and do they fit the GT...let me know where to get them if you know

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
HotShot makes GT headers
Aftermarket Super Store (AMSS) makes GTS headers and downpipe.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
if you have a GT you can get headers from www.hotshot.com [hotshot.com] and for GTS you go to AMSS.
Can anyone tell me what are the gains for hotshot headers? are the reliable?

#1054 Oct 7, 6:41pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have a 2000 GTS with Injet intake, Grreddy exhaut, and Amms headers. Haven't dynoed it but the last install was the headers and it didn't seem to do much for performance, or change sound much.

#1055 Oct 7, 7:43pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey helfish? does ur exhast piping hang alil low? because mine does, and i'm scared to lower my car. what you think? so no performance with the headers? man what else do we need to get to feel the boost? argh! [Mad] [Mad]

#1056 Oct 9, 10:34am
I disagree with those statements, headers give a pretty good boost, you can definitely feel the difference. I have yet to get them for my GTS, but my friend has them in his Civic SI, and you can definitely feel the gain. And if you add an exhaust and new downpipe along with the headers, we're talking 30+ hp gains. Good luck man! May the force be with you.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

Well you see.. 30 hp gain is very optimistic. When dealing with hp gains, i would rather be negative, as to not be disappointed when i dyno. In dealing with exhausts, make sure you get the WHOLE thing. yes, this is a lot of money, but the only way to get a lot of boost from your exhaust is to do the whole thing. This means, highflow headers, to your downpipe, to your cat, to your piping and finally to your muffler. Make sure, all parts mentioned are replaced, or you will have a tight spot in your exhaust system. Lets just say you have everything replaced except for your headers. All the highflow crap you put in cant work at peak use. Its being cut short by the stock headers. So make sure, you replace it all. And full exhaust HP gains are only usually 10%. So on a GT, you may gain 15 HP. This is a good chunk. It doesnt seem like much now, but lets just say, you normally aspirated up the ass hole. And you now have 300 or 350 HP. Without that exhaust, you'd sure be limiting yourself. Rather than say, 350HP, it could cut you down to 300, or maybe lower, EVEN if a section of your exhaust system isnt highflow. Its all very important.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
So on the down pipe, where can i get that? and does it meet emissions standards? so what ur sayin is i should replace my headers?

#1059 Oct 15, 9:27pm
definetaly get the headers, its a must as it is a piece to ur full exhaust, but make sure you get the rest of the exhaust. In getting a full high flow system, you may lose low end torque, but thats okay, because HP will be sharply increased in the mid higher end, and thats what celicas are made for. They are little 1.8, not made for a hefty take off.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
GREDDY EVO EXHAUST AT EBAY FOR 350

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally posted by blue daemon:
GREDDY EVO EXHAUST AT EBAY FOR 350
thumbsup

I asked them before and they said the gain would be 4 to 10 hp if I remember it right and I got a 02 GT auto I live in florida and the total was $401.+ with shipping allready. grin

And i agree with Kenneth thumbsup

[ 10-26-2002, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: mkvirus ]

[Linked Image]