Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I know I posted these last week, but I gained little ground. Please help if you can.
Car= 2000 GTS 6-speed
Currently= Injen COI and TRD exhaust (have ACT clucth, but not yet installed)
What to get next=
1) I've found 2 flywheels, Tom's and someother brand. Both are over $500 bucks. Please, I need a new flywheel so I can save some labor costs when I have my clutch put in. What other brands are out there, where at, and at what prices? Will anyflywheel work with my ACT clutch?
2) I have only found TRD ($700) and Trial ($800)headers. What else, where else, and what prices are out there? I've been told to stay away from ceramic coated. True or not true?
3) I've only found TRD Sportivo and Tein suspensions as good upgrades. Straight up, I don't know jack here. Any enlightenment, prices, quality, options, and what not would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Please repsond here for everyone or supra_celica2000@yahoo.com for private. Thank you. cry

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
In reference to suspension, I've found TVS Hotchki's Tuning (~$2700), Tein (~$1500) and TRD Sportivo (~$1500). What lies out there? Pros and cons of these and others? Shocks/Srings or Coilovers? Very confused in small, dark puddle of products. Thanks, again.
--Rob
http://www.trdtoyota.com/TRD/index.htm

What about tower bars, under carriage bars, etc.? Types, uses, benefits, prices?????
wtf confused wtf confused

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Alright Supra Celica, I will do what I can here. I do not know of many other brands, but I know what is trusted/reliable from other owners.

1. I recommend Tom's. Any flywheel will work, as long as its for your car.
2. TRD and Trial headers are your best choice. Look around for Dynos, I think trial had better results. I don't know about the ceramic
3. Tein and Sportivo are really good. If you want coilovers, also Skunk2. Or you could go with springs and shocks, that will be a little cheaper. Go with well known brands (Eibach, Goldline, Toxico, KYB)

The things mentioned above are expensive, because they are the best. Do not settle for anything cheap, aka. ebay. Make sure when you mod you do it right. Thanks for asking around man. I hate hearing about people that just jump into things without researching.

Places to search: you can check out other forums,
titanmotorsports usually has low prices (don't know how reliable they are)
afsmotosports- I like them, they may not have what you are looking for though.
I don't really know a whole lot on where to find your products, I don't have as many options as you, I have a GT and I haven't got to the suspension yet. Peaceout man.

Dan

http://store.yahoo.com/titanmotorsports/celica2000.html

www.afsmotorsports.com [afsmotorsports.com]

[ 03-30-2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: SpiderManGT ]

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Can ya'll with flywheel knowledge look here and tell me which is the best for my car. Don't forget Tom's, which isn't listed (~500, I think)
Thanks.
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/default.asp