Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
For all those that installed Fog lights whose car did not come with the OEM relay and switch, I have some questions. My buddy and I spent 5 hours trying to mount and hook up some Walmart fogs for the TRD bumper. I followed the install guides but basically I have 2 non functional fog lights sitting pretty on my car.

I took off the front bumper and I found the outlet for the blue wire with the orange stripe that hangs near the horn on the lower end of the engine bay. However, the Walmart fog has 2 wires with a disconnector that should connect to that plug with the blue wire but I can't figure out how they fit.

I went to the parts dept at Toyota on Front and they said I need a adapter that they sell for $40. Is this true? I haven't even started on the hard part(Relay wiring) and Im so frustrated. They make it look so easy in the install guides...

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I installed mine easy as cake. Mounted the lights, ran the power wire to the battery and switch, ran ground, mounted switch,done.

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Why are you hooking into the stock wires with an aftermarket fog lignt? There right you need an adapter to mate the fog wires to the stock fog wires, but you still will not have the stock fog switch. IMO you should forget any stock wires that are in the car and run an independent system.

There are plenty of switch blanks in the cab for a clean switch install and if your kit is worth a damn you should be able to run the wires and relay in less than an hour. Mounting the lights is the hard part and your done with that.

Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ with Gen7fan
especially, "...IMO you should forget any stock wires that are in the car and run an independent system.
"

I've installed a total of 2 sets of fogs on my mom and dad's car and i just ran the wires it came with through the exisiting hole in the firewall... It's not too hard. The hardest part I found was mounting the darn things...

LNK
"you only need something when you know it exists..then it becomes a want"

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
werd, I've done aftermarket Piaa and Hella kits, easy as pie after the lights are mounted. thumbsup

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
I want fogs, but I'm afraid that I'd end up destroying my engine or something. For those of you who think that's not possible, I once made the trunk lid of my old car fall off on a freeway ramp... because I had tried installing an amplifier. rofl

I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by RevMonster
I want fogs, but I'm afraid that I'd end up destroying my engine or something. For those of you who think that's not possible, I once made the trunk lid of my old car fall off on a freeway ramp... because I had tried installing an amplifier. rofl

Sell your car and get bicycle now, just WOW. How goofy are people (j/k)!!!!!!! wtf spineyes rofl

Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
It's not hard at all RevMonster just got to get over the hard part of actually doing it..

like i said hardest part is mounting.. after that you should be set thumbsup

LNK

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Okay, now that you guys have cleared things up for me a bit, I just wanted to know where is the best place to run the wire from the engine bay through the firewall? Is there a specific location?

Thanks,

Kevin

Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Bread Fishing..
2001 Toyota Celica GT
There is already an exisiting hole in the firewall.. just take off the black plastic under the wheel well and you should see some sort of rubber grommlet.. what i do is get a screw driver and shift it to make enough space to push the wires through the hole..

then I'll pull out the screw driver and heck it works...sealed.. thumbsup

LNK

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I'd still like to know how to use the stock system. I bought some stock fog lights and want to use the OEM wires but my car originally never had the fogs there. How can I run them through the stock wires? How can I make a switch for the m and which wires do I need to use under the dash?

Carbon Blue Rules
2003 Toyota Celica
Carbon Blue Rules
2003 Toyota Celica
mines was a piece of cake

Gtscelica05 Carbon Blue