Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#176320 May 10, 7:57pm
ok, so I have a 2001 GTS 6 speed... and looking at the stafford kit, and the XS kit... yes I know the stafford kit hasnt come out yet, but will someone that knows what there talking about explain how both companies are running these kits without any information given about new Intakes? also, why does the XS kit offer new injectors but uses the stock rail, while stafford supplies a new rail but stock injectors? and is it just me or does the stafford kit sem much more reliable... seeing that it has a new fuel pump, and basically everything, oil lines... while the XS has none of that, someone explain

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
they both have to come with oil lines, and as for the fuel parts it comes with, each company has what they think is gonna be more benificial to how they make the kit. I know of another kit for the gt that doesn't come with either, and then some that do. each is as realiable as if you have problems with it, i'm more than sure both companies will do what they can to help you, but as for how they are built, a lot of people said they had problems with the xs kit, so we'll have to wait and see abou the stafford kit.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
also, they don't supply the air filter, just the piping for it, its up to you to purchase that part, they will only make suggestions on what they think is the best for it.

so do you guys know of anyone who has pictures of there stafford kits installed? and better pics then the ones in the gallery, like good ones that show the routes of the piping and stufff

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
routing would be pretty much the same as a gt. from the throttle body down one side to the intercooler, around the other side and into the Turbo, then from there to the air filter. the gts kit is not out yet so your not going to see the pics of it really until they put it into production. only kit out right now for the gts is the xs kit.

yea and that kit seems so trashy for the usual XS quality. oh well... think it would be possible to piece together my own Turbo kit for cheaper? or would it be real sketchy and well over all a bad idea... I'm headin to bed, so thanks for the advise, write back I'll look tomorrow... oh and a do you think I'll be able to run a Jet performane chip with the fuel management? or will it get all squirrly... thanks dude.