Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#176635 May 11, 12:13pm
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I plan on buying this sub. I know its not going to give me some crazy amount of bass but it has a built in amp and takes up less space.

Bazooka Sub [crutchfield.com]

I think its pretty good 150 watts soly to just one sub. Airhgt that was the 1st ?. 2nd you think it would be a good idea to mount the sub either behind driver seat on floor or in btwn the back to passenger seats in the middle. My only fear is in the middle it wont hit as hard?
aright thanks in advance

*O i dont wanna put it in trunk. Afraid of it getting stolen. But if it wont work any where else that will have to do.

Last edited by GTQuentin; May 11, 2004 12:16pm.

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ok i used to install these...ur gonna get almost nothing out of those...

DO not put it up front thats just ghetto...plus bass actually sounds better if you bounce it off of a window or trunk. Put it in the back. thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I know it's $50 more but you might want to consider the Infinity basslink sub, it doesn't take up that much room and it's a lot better than anything bazooka makes.

200w man thumbsup

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3obl9rYAvJa...vf=N&search [crutchfield.com]

"A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard." - Bruce Lee

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I read some reviews and soppivley there pretty nice. There were like ur next door neighboor might not hear it but inside the car if hits real nice.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I'm refering to sound quality more than anything else. You've read some reviews but I've heard bazookas first hand. thumbsdown Most of them have very hollow bass, and it sounds terrible. puke You don't have to agree with me, to each his own, but in my opinion Infinity is on a totally different level compared to bazooka.

"A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard." - Bruce Lee

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
It seems the only poeple who make powered subs r kenwood, bazooka, and infinty. The one kenwood subs seems nice but it only pushes 30 watts puke. That horrible. Ill check around for more. Im talking to cruthfield right now about how bazooka is quliaty wise.

Don't get the bazooka stuff or anything like them. They are garbage. i would list the reasons they suck but i would be here to long. Get a single sub instead and build a box. i Recomend 12" if you want good deep bass or 10" if you want to be louder but not hit as low of notes. the speaker in the bazooka's are 6" at best and most cars have larger factory speakers... granted they are not in a box but they are better than bazooka's crap. to avoid theft bolt the box to your car and they can't steal it. saved my friends sub and amp but they broke his locks:(. If you have a factory stereo you can get a splicer box for about 20 bucks from a local store so you can get your remote wire to the amp. trust me you don't wanna be working off a stock deck but if you wanna bump before you upgrade that then get the converter box. any more q's hit me up with a pm or an IM

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Here the convo i just had w/a cructhfield guy. Im Quentin he is GT. Which is kidna strang casue my name is QuentinGT??

{G.T.} Welcome to Crutchfield Chat, Quentin. My name is GT. How may I help you?
{Quentin} I was thinking about getting the Bazooka RS8A-HP . But i heard bazooka subs sound bad is this true.
{G.T.} If they sounded bad, then they would be out of business! They sound very good.

Bazooka tubes put out a very loud bass.
{G.T.} What are you using now for your bass?
{Quentin} All stock in my celica. I want this to help my existing systmem.
{G.T.} Besides, don't let someone else be the judge for you. Give it a try! If you don't like it, you can send it back under our 30 day return policy.

We'll even pay for return shippping.
{G.T.} Can I go ahead and set you up with that today?
{Quentin} Not just yet. thanks anways. i need to check around a lil more to see if this is exactly what i want.
{Quentin} i just wanted to see if bazooka was bad.
{G.T.} We wouldn't sell it if it was bad. I'm curious, what got you interested in getting a Bazooka tube?
{Quentin} I just was look at ur mag and saw these powered subs. ive never seen them before and was like it seems like a good idea. the kenwoods seems to weak and the infity is more expensive.
{G.T.} I understand. I think a Bazooka tube would make very good sense for you.

It's affordable and puts out very strong bass.
{Quentin} Aright well i aprecaite the help thanks.
{G.T.} You're welcome! If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a call.

Just remember his job is to sell you whatever he can so whatever you ask about is going to be good stuff. The only point he makes is it would be good for your system. If you plan on actually getting a decent system then DON'T get the tube. If you want a little bit more bass is all and plan on staying stock stereo all around then yeah its good bang for the buck. however for like $300 you can get a 12 with an amp and ask him how much better that would outperform the tube. lol no comparison it would kill the tube. If your looking for bass then get the 12". if your looking for a little bass get the tube. Just don't tell anyone you have a bass tube cause they will laugh if they are at all into stereo's:) hehe sorry but its the truth.

Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
Masta OC
2003 Toyota Celica
rofl Nobody is ever going to say "what we sell is crap... run, run for your life to Circuit City"

If you were going to ask questions, you should have asked if the Bazooka or Infinity was better. Although, I bet they would have tried selling you the more expensive of the two anyway.

The bottom line is that you're going to get very flat bass out of those. The speaker is just too small. Get a decent 10" sub with a small amp... it might cost a few bucks more, but it's worth getting what you want the first time around.

I'm just a crosshair
I'm just a shot away from you

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I forgot about getting a sub and an amp. I got friends at ciruity city and best buy. I could possilby get a hook up from them. Ill have to see. If i have time ill check best buy up today.

Who's yo Daddy?
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Who's yo Daddy?
2000 Toyota Celica GT
rofl, you said you didnt wanna get jacked rofl nobody would jack a bazooka tube anyway rofl...i cant stop laughing hahahaha. sorry...rockford fosgate makes a boom tube, ive also heared the bazooka up close and personal actually i had to get right up next to it to even hear it. Shit just buy an amp and 4 speakers amp those call it good thumbsup or do the infinity one for only 50bucks more that will last you 10 billion times longer and you can even hear it thumbsup

thumbsdown to bazooka

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Bass Link, is the way to go for easy/low key bass. My one friend has one in his M3 and it sounds great, not ghetto bass but very smooth, very little rattle with no dynamatt.