Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
i was able to debadge my car and paint my engine plastics recently grin . let me know what you all think and opinions on what i should do next (besides body kit-i'm not gonna get one). i know i need to drop the car; i also have jdm headlight covers, clear corners, and some of bats carbon fiber overlays on the way rice . well here are the pics cheers thx for the advice in advance all thumbsup
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
looks good thumbsup

How much did you pay to get your engine plastics painted?

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx karrion28

i did it myself, i used a plastic promoter (2 coats), aluminum paint (2 coats), and then anodized red (about five or six coats)... total cost was about $15, but i got the paint from a friend (works for a distributor- i can even get car cleaning products cheap grin)

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
great job on the paint! very professionally done thumbsup i strongly suggest a body kit..personally, i dont like abig ass wing without a body kit..it just doesnt match

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Its coming together nicely Brad. thumbsup Have you decided on which drop you are going with?

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx dan, ya i'm definitely gettin the hotchkis street springs grin (35mm front, 48mm rear drop). i'm gonna order em soon from titanmotorsports, got some vet bills to take care of first frown.

dondiemand, thx for the opinions cheers, and ya i do like kits, but i'm just gonna go with a drop, body kit is way too unpractical for me. i have way too many speed bumps to go over, i drive a lot (two jobs and college, last sem i drove btwn two colleges), and i see blown tires and debris all the time on the interstates i travel on(we have some of the worst roads here in MO cry). i want the drop bad, and a body kit would just give me less clearence.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I think that when you drop it, it will give you that aggressive look and it will flow better with the spoiler. It gives that aggressive edge. What overlays do you have coming?

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
i ordered ch1, g1 , and d1 all in carbon fiber grin (centerhood, upper grill (by toyota emblem), and door handle wells)... i cant wait to get em rice smile

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
i ordered ch1, g1 , and d1 all in carbon fiber grin (centerhood, upper grill (by toyota emblem), and door handle wells)... i cant wait to get em rice smile

Those will compliment the car nicely, then the drop will be an excellent way to top it off. thumbsup thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx dan grin ... i cant wait to get all the parts i ordered in, however the jdm headlight covers wont get to me till around jun 6th eta frown .

are you still getttin the hotchkis drop too dan?? also, please let me know if you get the motor mount, i would like to know how noticable a difference it makes grin cheers

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
well, I just recently got a speeding ticket and spent some unnecessary cash recently as well, so I am a strapped for cash. But when I do get the money for the drop, Hotchkis is the one for me. My next mods are the mount, grounding wires, and SS. Just need the funds...and a paypal account.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
i feel ya on the money situation, i racked up a lot of debt in vet bills, luckily they let me pay it in weekly payments of $65 frown ... man speeding tickets suck, sorry to hear about it cry. let us all know when you get some more mods on ur car grin , cant wait to see ur car with the hotchkis drop(take some pics too if ya can thumbsup).

1998 Honda EJ6Civic
1998 Honda EJ6Civic
thumbsup looks good but i will have to tell you to change the rims and get some better ones but they nice just will look better if you had better rims but the car look good goodjob
59109-X.jpg

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
thx dan, ya i'm definitely gettin the hotchkis street springs grin (35mm front, 48mm rear drop). i'm gonna order em soon from titanmotorsports, got some vet bills to take care of first frown.

dondiemand, thx for the opinions cheers, and ya i do like kits, but i'm just gonna go with a drop, body kit is way too unpractical for me. i have way too many speed bumps to go over, i drive a lot (two jobs and college, last sem i drove btwn two colleges), and i see blown tires and debris all the time on the interstates i travel on(we have some of the worst roads here in MO cry). i want the drop bad, and a body kit would just give me less clearence.
hey, did you check out this link for hotchkis springs? Hotchkis springs for discount maybe it'll save you money thumbsup

2000 Black Gts 6-Speed
Flux Capacitor With Di-Lithium Crystals

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx jaimejames, if i buy em soon i'll go that route because thats $15 cheaper than titan motorports offers grin titanmotorsports [titanmotorsports.com]

I think your car looks real nice. Maybe some sideskirts if you don't want to do a full kit. The wing is good but it looks out of place slightly without sides. (Or at least paint the stock sides.) Then it might need a slight lip kit, dunno. Engine looks good. Nice paint job.
Is that a TRD gas lid? Looks good!
I like the rims. Don't change them. Use your $$ for other stuff.
The de-badge looks good. Now I think you've convinced me to do mine.
Get the clear corners on. They will make a difference too. Especially nice with the silver.
I suggest a rear Celica fill-in. Really sets it off and is cheap. Like $15. I actually did mine myself with reflective tape but for $15 it's just less trouble to buy it and apply yourself.
You could also use the engine overlay, I think it's Bats, for the VVT-i. Or just paint it yourself if you have skillz. The engine bay looks sweet but with the VVT-i and the emblem painted silver, to match the car, it would look better.
Really nice car! Keep it up.
Just my $0.02. tongue

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx racer x for the opinions cheers, but i like five spoke style rims, and these enkei's only cost me $600 shipped(plus they are only 20 lbs for 18's). i know there are better five spoke rims out there, but i dont have a lot of money to throw around (gotta pay for tuition, rent, car , ins, utilities, etc,etc).

thx for the advice also kim grin , i may paint the stock skirts if i have time. i do like the rear fill ins, and i'll prolly eventually get a carbon fiber one grin thumbsup. also, i may just get overlays for the engine compartment, but springs are next on my list (hotchkis) cool

brad

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
I like the rims. Keep em. thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thx dan (and kim),

i like the rims too grin cheers, plus they were not too heavy and were only $150 a 18 with free shipping (they went up in price afta i bought them lol, up to about $165 a 18 i think). also, i havent seen many rides here with these enkei rs5's rice

Last edited by Bradcelica; Jun 1, 2003 8:42pm.