Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
i installed my Injen CAI and now my check engine light is on...can you tell me what is wrong...thanks

Perfection is 60' 6"...on the Black.

make sure you have checked all your hoses and made everything nice and tight. just recheck everything

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
no problems when i installed my intake, check the hoses and make sure you got everything from the box maybe you forgot somethin you have to put on... good luck trouble shooting... thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Just reset your computer again. That same thing happened to me not too many days after I put my AEM CAI on. To reset computer: take the neg. battery cable off and leave the negatative battery cable off for at least 2 min. Then reconnect it, make sure it is tight, turn your car on and it should go off now and stay off as long as you have your CAI attached right.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thanks for the info...one more thing...when you turn your car off can you still here the CAI suck in air...sounds kinda bad...other than that it sounds great when i stomp on the gas...still fighting the CEL...oh well...maybe one day it will go away...haha...cya

Yes, when you turn your car off you can hear the CAI for a second. It's just the way CAI is, I think its sounds really cool, it's sounds kinda like a turbo de-compressing.

One more thing, I am working on my own ash tray switch boxes. what did you cut out the holes with? And could you give me some detail on exactly where and how you hooked the positive and ground wires up for your footwell neons. I was thinking to get power from the cig. lighter power wire, and ground somewhere close to the ashtray, but where?

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
alright...my CEL is gone but now my car has a strong gas odor...not sure if it is rich or lean but it is really strong...anything to fix that?

i wired my lights up to the cig. lighter fuse, grounded to the frame inside the console...my step-dad did the wiring...i just put everything where it went...sorry i cant help more...but you can get power from the cig. lighter and ground aywhere...good luck...

The smell should work it's self out. It will probably take a few days of driving till the computer figures out the CAI and works all the bugs out. The smell should go away, but you may be able to smell a faint odor of gas every once in a while, I can sometimes, but it isn't an overpowering smell.