Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Unfortunately no, my hinges were purchased from TIECC, a company that was originally going to give C.net a group buy on 5th gen specific hinges. Mine were paid for by my car club for some upcoming shows, so I don't really have the option of sending them out for an unknown amount of time.

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
Hmm perhaps after the car show season is there any chance you can remove them and send them to conrad for lets say...2 weeks. grin I'll pay for shipping. spineyes

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
so there's still no word from magik eh? What's the hold up? Did someone get a hold of him? I hope he's not evading us...

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
I haven't seen him here or at C.net. As for taking them off, well, that would lower my 1/4 mile time with the doors off grin but I don't think it will be too cool with the cops or the MPs here on post.

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
Well put your old hinges back on if you don't have them just go to a junk yard and pull them off. I guess you're our only hope. Post some pics of your new hinges and let us know if they close right.

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
Tommy is hopefully going to send me some pics and I'm going to see what I can do as far as reverse engineering them. Conrad is way more talented than I am but since the doors are off my car right now (I'm re-building after it being written off) and one of my best friends dads is a machinest I can hopefully figure something out. Don't get your hopes up though because I'm not an CAD expert and don't have much time.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
bah so magik pooped out on us?????? TELL ME THIS ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
no word from him yet... frown

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
bah, i sent him a PM and no word jus yet. I really hope that his ass didn't back out. If he did we'll jus have to go with plan B. That being we get a group to donate money to a paypal accnt and as i said before i would volunteer to by the 'banker.' I am in no way a person who would run off with anyones money. I have several people from cnet to vouch for that. I'm not an asshole.

so if it comes to that we'll buy some hinges and send'm to conrad for the jobby job! either way I WANT THIS DONE. it WILL get done with or w/o magiks help. Be it a pair made specifically for 5th gens (the easy way) or ones that need to be somewhat modified (the hard way)!

I'm still in this for the whatever haul. Tell me if sounds good to you guys!

#208664 Aug 7, 11:06pm
1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
Hey I got another idea. Tommy how about this. You take off the hinge from your passenger side door and send that one to conrad. If its a perfect fit I'm sure he can mirror the hinge to make the file for the driver side hinge. You don't really need to have both doors up at car shows. wink

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!! GOOD THINKING GT4SOM

1990 Toyota Celica GT4 ST
hi there.

i've been following this for a while. hope it does go ahead but from the sounds of things, your making some progress but there have been maybe some let downs.

fingers crossed eh.

viet tang
GT-Four ST185
[email]272bhp@14psi[/email]
http://www.meanmachines.freesite.org
1870171493-15.06.04_2.JPG

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
are those 5-zigen gravis I Rims on that blue celica?

#208668 Aug 12, 9:29pm
1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
ay sick ass ride you got there man thumbsup eek

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yeah that kit works together pretty good altho that isnt the original front for that kit. hehe i like it tho

#208670 Aug 13, 9:23am
hi there.

the wheels are not the 5-zigen, company called BSA here in the UK.

i orginally brought the RC/CS bumper and then the sideskirts but thought the bumper looked a bit dull against the side skirts so got the corners and extensions customized.

didn't really like the bumpers with the kit, also wanted it for the space for a FMIC.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
well getting back on topic... it looks as if this project has died in the water which i hope is not so. TommyGT do you have pictures of your car with the vertical door kit installed on it? Post them if you have some grin. Has anyone tried PMing magik or getting in contact with him? I want to see this project completed and would like to put a set of hinges for vertical doors on my car. We need to revive this.

as bloodredgt has said it would be good to see this completed.

I would like to have a set on my one day.

isn't there a way of fabricating the exisiting hinge? wasn;t there a guy who brought the design off ebay? anyone know of someone with them on?

i got someone here which i can try to get some pictures off but no promises at the moment.

1990 Toyota Celica, Starlet
1990 Toyota Celica, Starlet
Well whenever you guys need my services I'll do it for you guys for free. I want to see this project go through but I'd rather avoid the politics and just deal with the Engineering aspect of it. So whenever you guys need me, shoot me a PM or email (conradandres at hotmail dot com) and we can go from there. smile

Conrad Andres
1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver
1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
www.tiecc.com [tiecc.com]

They specialized in vert doors, and have a kit made for the fifth gen only 799$

#208675 Aug 16, 5:03pm
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/hinges_production.html

interesting link with hinge designs etc.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
the thing about that tiecc.com is that what if the kit is not bolt on? We're trying to get magik a time slot. He might be able to get in this week.

Are those donors still in here? Wasn't there one donor who would donate $800 to this project and take the hinges for himself after conrad reverse engineers them?

I have a feeling we're just sitting on our asses doing nothing and i want this to change. We need to make this project go through. It'll make the celica community look more approachable. It would also give us some unique celicas to our respective areas.

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
dood very bold and true statements bloodred. thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
tiecc looks real nice, they got it on a 5th gen, email em ask em...haha it looks nice.

#208679 Aug 17, 10:40am
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
it turns out magik has been held up not being able to get to Dayton Imports because of the fact that he ordered parts to be fabricated but hasn't had the money to pick them up. He's been tight on cash so it's kind of awkward if he shows up for a test fit but doesn't have the cash to pay for other parts, which would make any investor (dayton imports in this case) to not step forward and make a bolt on vert door kit for the car. As soon as he sums up $150 magik will be able to make it down to dayton imports and get a test fit to have the kit made. As far as what we can do... there's not really any option that anyone would step forward to do (which is pay for magik's part and hope that he would pay you back rolleyes which is kinda far fetched).

We are still in need of those donors to step forward for this project. I remember having a list of donors on c.net and i was on that list. I'm still up for my $50 contribution. As far as the others, i hope that they will still step forward.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
magik has told me he will be able to visit dayton imports next tuesday for a test fitting. Maybe by the end of that week we'll have a set of hinges for conrad to engineer.

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
BloodRed HOw are you keeping in touch with magik? By email or phone?

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
by aim. I've been talking to him and dayton imports for the past 2 days. Dayton imports happens to be willing to make a complete kit for 5th gens. What they don't know is that we're only gonna buy one set and send that to conrad to reverse engineer. He was thinking in investing to mass produce these. So I tried to make it clear that we wanted to see how well magik's turned out before he would invest in anymore (we don't wanna make dayton imports lose money, after all they're just helping us get hinges thumbsup). Can't wait for news of the test fit and the estimate price for the first kit he makes that we will purchase and send to conrad. It'll be smoothe sailing from there. It would just fall to everyone else's own responsibility to get their set of hinges, unless conrad can mass produce them for WAY cheaper than dayton imports. I think he might be able to get shocks for us pretty cheap.

1993 Toyota Celica GT
1993 Toyota Celica GT
Hey guys i havent been able to get on here much with out the internet at my house, but from what i have been reading you guys seem to be right on track. I cant wait to see this project done, so that i can get me a set too. Sorry im not much help. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey hey! sorry fellow cnet crew, i hadn't been able to get on here for quiet a while cause my computer for some reason kept showing this site with absolute jiberish. No real text or anything jus wierd stuff.

Anyway, i've sent magik several pms and he hasn't replied but thats through cnet. Either way bloodred you been keepin tabs on the hole thing and i give mad props for that.

After the not beein here and whatnot i dunno if anyone is still comfortable with me bein the banker if needed. If there still needs to be some sort of donation i'll be down for $50. So that right there is $100 from 2 peeps on the board.

As b4 i'm more than pumped to see this project get done. After 7pgs at cnet and 2 here, this is actually getting somewhere. Though winter is nearing and the 'show' season is dying down, its def worth it. The savings and the happy ass 5th geners goin vert will be uber fuggin pimp!

Hey bloodred, thanks for mainly keepin this alive from cnet. Don't mean i don't appreciate the new eceli peeps.

#208685 Aug 20, 1:39pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Sorry for the long time no post. Uncle Sam had other plans for me the past week +. My wife thought it would be cool to get my hinges put on as a surprise when I got back. Believe me I was. Bad part is she didn't take any pics of the hinges before, and Dave, my club mech, didn't take any pics during installation. They did attend a show last weekend and there is a pic of the car on my profile. I am hoping to get the car out somewhere nice to take some other shots of it.
1870187949-385633_24_full.jpg

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
good job, looks real sweet thumbsup

#208687 Aug 20, 4:00pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Tommy that looks soo pimp, congrats on teh door. Def get some other angles goin and post'm up!

#208688 Aug 20, 6:58pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
you should widebody that bitch... thumbsup

#208689 Aug 20, 8:19pm
1993 Toyota Celica GT
1993 Toyota Celica GT
That's so nice, im starting to cry. Def take more pics.

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
looking really sick man thumbsup

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
hopefully magik will get out of court and be able to head to dayton imports on tuesday. The odds are looking good right now but prayers are always welcome smile. He will be able to get test fitted and pick up his parts from dayton imports bringing us closer to our goal: cheap verts for 5th gens.

we still haven't gotten the brave donor who said he would donate $800 to our cause to step up again. You know who you are and there is no better time than for you to once again step up to the plate.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey blood, that donor was Whodi, you can send him a pm he's posted here a few times. Don't know if he'd still put up that amount since its been so long since he offered and whatnot.

Def worth a try though!

#208693 Aug 27, 11:50pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
ok guys, here's the deal: Magik has confirmed that he is going to dayton imports on thursday to pick up his parts. Here's what the catch is... we need the money to back up what we got planned. Whodi was the donor who said he would lay down $800 i believe but we're not sure if he's still down to do that since it's been monthes since he committed to doing so. We need to confirm that we have the money to buy the first set of hinges to send to conrad. Everyone do everything possible to try and contact whodie and if he can't step up with the money, if not then we all have to pitch in and we still need a banker. I still trust nvusgt to be the banker.

We can only hope that this goes the way we need it to otherwise it'll be a long time before we will get this done.

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
CHO!!!! im here guys i know its been awhile since i've posted my interenet at my beach house sucks and for some reason i was unable to log in here or cnet anyway i stopped by my parents house to work on my car a little and thought i'd check in and good thing i did im glad things are rolling nvusgt i got your message keep in touch and tell magik to call me so i can send him the money i believe he still has my number if not just pm me. I just moved into a new apartment my cable guy is coming friday to set up my cable nad give me my modem. oh and by the way good job bloodred on keeping this on track ... - Kyle

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
woot fer whodi! thx fer coming through thumbsup

1990 Toyota Celica GT
1990 Toyota Celica GT
Another WOoT! for Whodi. BTW..Make that 2 WOoTs!! O.K. Lets get this done before next year plz. grin

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
Whodie shoot me a PM with your phone number just in case so i can send it to magik. He's had problems logging in here also. I'll make sure i get it to him.

1993 Toyota Celica ST
1993 Toyota Celica ST
hey blood thumbsup coo keepin things together

#208699 Sep 5, 10:30am
1993 Toyota Celica GT
1993 Toyota Celica GT
vtang_gt4 what type of side spliters did you use on the front, i know that you customized them, but where could i get a pair??

1990 Toyota Celica
1990 Toyota Celica
yo just checking in Bloodred i PMed you at cnet i just got the internet back but im pretty busy so don't expect every day visits get magik my number -Kyle

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
alrighty, well this seems just about dead. It's pretty much clear that we can't really rely on magik to come through on this so i think we have to get the hinges by other means unless magik magically get's the money to pay for all the parts he had DI make for him and pay for them. He won't even get a test fit because we don't have an estimate and the reason is because he won't get one... i'll try to think of something so everyone else think too.

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
You guys could always pull together and go thru twisted images. If I speak to Harry (TI Owner) he might open up the GB opition again also.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
mang that would be cool'n all, but we don't need a 'group buy.' that would mean a discount on prolly a big number of hinge kits for people to buy. The people that were lookin forward to this, are people who don't have the money even if a group buy was in place.

I'm not shootin the idea down nor telling you not to do it. Jus giving some input. See what you can do about maybe having him come down in price for ONE set of hinges. IF its reasonable, we'll all throw down, get'm and send'm off to Conrad to be duplicated!

#208704 Sep 27, 3:13pm
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
i would like to ask tommy91gt to see if he could for 2 weeks be parted from one door without vert hinges. I'm sure conrad can mirror image the hinge and create another dxf file for the driver side after he's done with the passenger side. I know it's a sacrifice but it would be for the good of all of us. I'm guessing that Conrad could probably sit down and create files within a couple of hours and shipping would take the most time unless it was overnight shipping. Most everyone on here wouldn't be able to pay for the hinges.

IF whodie bought a set of hinges from twisted and sent those to Conrad that would be a plan too. Otherwise i'm fresh out of ideas.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3