Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#21086 Jun 13, 1:25pm
This topic has probably been addressed BUT...the parts dealer at the Toyota dealership told me that if you install Injen short ram the check engine light "could" come on. Is this true or is he just trying to get me to have them install it for $150.

[color:"red"]TRD exhaust/AEM pulley kit/Injen short ram/"happies" grounding kit/raised hood scoop/MTEC lighting package/APC Euros/fill in decals/window tint/s2000 antenna/red footwell neons...more to come[/color]

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
For the short ram ... it is a very small chance. You can install it yourself...very very easy. I did .. never get CEL light.

yea...im pretty sure i can do it myself. I just dont want that light to come on. thanks.

[color:"red"]TRD exhaust/AEM pulley kit/Injen short ram/"happies" grounding kit/raised hood scoop/MTEC lighting package/APC Euros/fill in decals/window tint/s2000 antenna/red footwell neons...more to come[/color]

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
whne mine was installed i had my CEL come on...for like a day. the computer had to get used to the idea that it's there...no problems ever since. love my short ram.injen seems to have the least problems with CELs from all the forums and threads i've read.

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
does the light come on with CAI as well as short ram???

MEOW!

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by RicePowered
For the short ram ... it is a very small chance. You can install it yourself...very very easy. I did .. never get CEL light.

How long did it take you to install it?

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I am new to ecelica and I am from Tomball TX as well, I installed a K&N ShortRam last Friday, I used this site as guide to purchase and opted for K&N anyway, I am not disappointed more aggressive engine sound, clean look and awesome throttle response, anyway, the install is easy, so save the $150, however I am checking for and error I believe exists in the photo gallery for the Injen Short Ram install pics, the OBD charcoal canister seems to be connected improperly on these images, I am compiling a document post somewhere on here so others may agree, or prove me wrong either way just trying to be helpful. Hope to have it done by Sunday or Monday, just be sure these lines are connected properly and that you place black tape over the unconnected "blue" electrical connector as a seal against accidental shorting or contamination, then zip tie it in a safe spot (K&N seems to have forgotten this connection is useless and instructs it to be connected and my CEL came on due to this but its off and works awesome now)

[Linked Image]

I have a 2000 gts auto (dont laugh), should i get Injen or AEM short ram? I heard that AEM is better for autos. Is this true?

2003 Toyota Celica GT Turbo
2003 Toyota Celica GT Turbo
I think a check engine light is natural if you put
your intake on,just like mine,streetproto and black panther.it does that I think because of the new air flow going to the system.All you need to do is take off your negative battery for 10 secs. it resets and turns off engine check. rofl rofl rofl

[Linked Image]

well...finally decided to order the Injen short ram. I ordered it today and will get it tomorrow around noon. Thanks for the help.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I have the Injen race division CAI and upon installation I did get the CEL...I just disconnected the battery reset the ECU and all was good... Should be the same for you as well... happywink

Installed my Injen short ram today and WOW...love the sound! No CEL yet...and lets hope it stays that way. Now off to see The Hulk!

King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by punterjoe21
Installed my Injen short ram today and WOW...love the sound! No CEL yet...and lets hope it stays that way. Now off to see The Hulk!

rofl have fun