Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#2652 Oct 14, 8:39pm
Some one tell me which one worked the best for them, the TWM, or the B&M Racing ?

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
i just recieved my TWM and it is awesome...i love it...i put it late last night out under one of the lights at the school and a flashlight...only took about 1.5 hours to do...another thing...the guy was great to work with and very quick to respond to a question...highly reccomend TWM...plus it is only $115...only bad thing is is that it comes from canada so it took 7 buisness days to get here to north carolina...well worth the wait though

Perfection is 60' 6"...on the Black.

damn kewl. mine should be coming dis week!!! i cant wait!

[Linked Image]

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
ya man its a great mod. just don't be an idiot like me and get all exicted, and take apart everything only to find that you are almost done yet you don't have one tool required. i had to call up a buddy of mine who has a blue gts and we went to a hardware shop to go get it.

any opinions on the TRD short shifter? I think I'm going to order one tommorrow...any opinions?

04 Toyota Spyder - TRD Sportivo, B&M SS, TRD Front and Rear Strut Braces, Volk TE37's, Garrett GT28RS Turbo 10psi, TiAl wastegate, HKS SS BOV, Air/Water IC

When I spoke with my Toyota Dealership I was told that they didn't have a TRD short shifter for the Celica GT and TRD didn't plan on making one which really sucks. But I heard that TWM and B&M are good ones to go with, however, I heard that TWM sometimes mis-shifts. Anyone else know anything about this?

Let me get my TOOL
That's not a tool that's a DAMN BRICK!

im kinda outraged when mah friend told meeh about short shifters that i was an idiot buying a high quality one such as TWM. He said dat it doesnt matter wat SS you use, because its short and works da same way...wat do you guys dink?

[Linked Image]

Phoenix

I think the TRD quickshifter fits GT and GTS both. I looked at TRD's site, and it looks to me like they dont' label it as specific to either car.

04 Toyota Spyder - TRD Sportivo, B&M SS, TRD Front and Rear Strut Braces, Volk TE37's, Garrett GT28RS Turbo 10psi, TiAl wastegate, HKS SS BOV, Air/Water IC

Phoenix,

Just looked again. TRD makes a short shifter for BOTH GT and GTS. Look here..

http://www.trdperformance.com

WHen you go to that site, click on the celica. Then scroll through the list down to quickshifter. They have one for the GT. Your dealership doesn't know what the hell they are talking about...

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
phoenix: i've never misshifted w/ my twm. as most people will say, misshifting is the drivers fault. they gotta learn to drive stick.

sleepy: shortshifters all work the same way. the lenght of the 3 major shortshifters are slightly different. some ppl say that the b&m ss is stiff even after heavy usage. the trd, if you install it for the 2002 celicas, you have to do somethin to it b/c it won't fit directly in (somehtin like that.) so no, the twm is a good choice.

okay thx a lot. hey pete, do you dink da twm ss help reduce da throw at all?

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
TWM's design reduces the throw and reduces the height of the shifter. The true characteristics of a short shifter.

Originally posted by sleepy celica:

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Originally posted by Steven:
TWM's design reduces the throw and reduces the height of the shifter. The true characteristics of a short shifter.

Originally posted by sleepy celica:
steven summed it up thumbsup

Thanks Silver Ice... I think I'm gonna got beat some butt at my Toyota Dealership tomorrow. LOL.. Those idiots, they passed up making some money off me???... I think I'll just print out the screen and show them and be like "What now?" LOL... What do you guys think?

Let me get my TOOL
That's not a tool that's a DAMN BRICK!

i just installed the OBX Racing Sports short shifter and it works great on my celica GT. I compared it side by side with the TWM and it's the same thing. Mine was a little more expensive and i had to wait a little longer because i live in Puerto Rico but it was well worth the wait. anyway it's my humble opinion, just wanted to post it here.

2002 Black Celica GT
=====================
TRD Rear Wing
Hoodscoop
Revmotion Frontlip
TYC Red Taillights
Magnaflow Exhaust
OBX Cold Air Intake
OBX Short Shifter
Indiglow Dash Overlay
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Matrix Lowering Springs