Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

i installed injen cai yesterday. install went as planned and the car ran beautifully all day and night. i must have started the car 3 or 4 times during the course of the day. now my car won't start. starter is fine and everything power and electrical works. the engine just won't start. i already called toyota but i'm afraid they're not gonna cover the work under warranty because of the cai. i am absolutely stumped. what do you guys think.

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
stupid q, but does the engine turn over? I mean the battery isn't dead, right?

Did you check all your connections.. does the CEL come on?

[Linked Image]

the battery is fine. all the electronics in the car work. the engine is turning over but it's not starting. the first thing i did was try to jump the battery. funny thing is that in the past 3 weeks i've blown 2 15 amp fuses for the fogs and the dome light hasn't worked for a couple of weeks too. all the hoses have been checked and rechecked. i was hoping to get to the bottom of this before the tow truck arrived but it doesn't seem likely. any other ideas???

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
considering you've had so much electrical problems recently, makes me wonder about the alternator.. do you have an aftermarket stereo system? also, I wouldn't jump the car if the battery is fine.

how about your spark plugs or ignition wires.. are those loose, or did you change them recently? check connections

[Linked Image]

you might be right about the alternator. i don't know about the spark plugs or wires. i've never checked 'em but i'll tell toyota take a look. i hope it's the alternator so toyota can fix my car and pay for the tow.

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
sounds like it could be.. it's definitely an electrical issue if you've had all those other problems and now all of the sudden your ignition doesn't work. that's no coincidence. You MIGHT want to put your stock intake back on, just so they can't claim that had anything to do with your problems.

Hope it's covered under warranty! thumbsup

[Linked Image]

toyota's service sucks. they had me tow my vehicle to their service shop. they said they would call before they close at 5pm to let me know about what the problem was. i waited 2 1/2 hours and i had to call them. they said they won't do a diagnostic check unless the car is stock. so when they're finally finished i'm back to square one because i gotta reinstall the cai myself for the 2nd time. angrynow i have to pay them to put my old stock air box back on the car, pay for the towing, and hope the problem with the car is covered under warranty. these a#@holes never even attempted to start the car. they popped the hood and said "noooooooo way, i'm not touching that" wtf. i'm pretty sure it's the alternator as evan said.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I have an Injen CAI and when I took it to the dealer to get my coolant topped off while they were doing some work on my stereo, they didnt say a word about the cai.

01 celica GT, AEM pulley, Injen CAI, Grillcraft grilles, custom antenna, altezza tails, grounding kit, TSRM

all my buddies have never had problems with dealers doing warranty work despite the fact they have mods on their cars. of course my dealership wants to make an example of me. i would have the car towed to another dealership that wouldn't have a problem with the mod but my car is in their garage and they closed at 5pm. i just want my baby back. ya feel me.