Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

does any body know of any head light bulbs that look like hid lights cause the hid head lights are just way to expensive.
thanx for any input

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
bulbs? Nothing can really compare with HID bulbs because they are a different technology than normal bulbs...

the best thing to do is get MTEC's from the ecelica store or buy PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs...I have PIAA highs and fogs with MTEC lows and each one is sooo bright. You have no idea man! Get them!! grin

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Xenonz r bad ass also

00GtS White
Full Kam Kit
TRD springs
Xenonz
Butterfly

yeah i have a set of them they are called vestec they are from japan they are 75 bucks but man they are bad ass bulbs!

2004 is300 Turbo
Tein Suspension
Hks custom exhaust
Megan Downpipe
Apexi Safc2
PLP heatshield
Jic Magic Struts
Hotckis sways
fno1r-c rims
It fuc*in moves

cool thanx a lot now i just have to choose wich ones to go with

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
you can get the mtec package in the ecelica store for $65. highs, lows, and fogs. heard a lot of good things about mtecs, but not sure how long they last. thats a good f'n deal man. you can also get the wedge bulbs and turn signals. i just installed the nokya package ($40) with the wedge and turn signals just now (sold seperately). cant wait till night comes to see how they really look.

No need for caffeine.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I had the nokya bulbs but i just ordered the mtecs from the ec store. cant wait to get them, everybody here cant say enough about em thumbsup

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
MTECs are great thumbsup

the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the dude
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Definitely go w/ the MTEC's. Way bright, and you can order em here at EC! make the right choice! grin I love mine!

Don't forget to get the DRL replacements as well, or else you'll have some sick High/Low's, but a nasty yellow tint from your DRL. Just a heads up.

Last edited by PBCelica02; Jul 20, 2003 7:16pm.

2002 Celica GT
2002 Celica GT
are mtec's dot/det approved?

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Post deleted by Street Prototype

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally Posted by Street Prototype
<font size=10 color=red>JAYF, YOU HAVE A PRIVATE MESSAGE. PLEASE READ.</font>

eek eek

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
APC was FINED $650,000 for manufacturing and selling replacement tail lamps and lamp repair kits that didn't meet federal standards... (American Products Co. lamps have been the subject of four recalls involving thousands of vehicles since 1999, NHTSA said. Marketed as "clear" or "Eurotail" lamps, they were used on a wide variety of vehicles, including older models of the Chevy S-10, Ford Ranger and Ford F-150 trucks, the Dodge Neon, the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Honda Civic and Del Sol.)

Full story at...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030519/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/auto_parts_fine_2

NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Adiministration) Recal database...
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

Ban APC Off The Road Petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/tsi/petition.html [/quote]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

what is the drl and where do i get different ones?

go to the everything celica store they have all the bulbs you're looking for.

Originate, Innovate, Never Imitate. Since 2000-04.

2002 Celica GT
2002 Celica GT
APC was FINED $650,000 for manufacturing and selling replacement tail lamps and lamp repair kits that didn't meet federal standards... (American Products Co. lamps have been the subject of four recalls involving thousands of vehicles since 1999, NHTSA said. Marketed as "clear" or "Eurotail" lamps, they were used on a wide variety of vehicles, including older models of the Chevy S-10, Ford Ranger and Ford F-150 trucks, the Dodge Neon, the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Honda Civic and Del Sol.)

Full story at...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030519/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/auto_parts_fine_2

NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Adiministration) Recal database...
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

Ban APC Off The Road Petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/tsi/petition.html [/quote]
[/quote]

I read it. I dont think the answer applies here in Canada. Cops hold a peice of paper in front of the headlight to check the color of the bulb. Bulbs have to be dot/det approved. MTECS appear to be neather, that sucks...

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by JAYF
what is the drl and where do i get different ones?

DRL = daytime running lights. its generally your highs at a lower power. you can also buy the wedge bulbs for your fronts. the polarg's that they have in the store are pretty nice.

damn, i wanna see the difference between my nokya's and the mtec's!!

No need for caffeine.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by 7th_gen_celica
I dont think the answer applies here in Canada. Cops hold a peice of paper in front of the headlight to check the color of the bulb. Bulbs have to be dot/det approved. MTECS appear to be neather, that sucks...

what you are saying doesnt make sense - what does a piece of paper have to do with lighting up the road and being able to see where you are goin - while also letting someone else to know that you are coming their way.

DOT = UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Department of Transportation wave
http://www.dot.gov/

If the bulbs are not DOT approved, will you get in trouble for using them?

Almost all Nokya, APC and PIAA bulbs resemble the look of "specialty" headlight systems found in some of today's newest vehicles. Although it's true they are not all DOT approved, you should not let this worry you. These non-DOT approved brands are among the most popular after-market specialty items and their use is only growing. We can honestly (really!) say that we have never [ever] heard of any legal issue arising from the use of these bulbs, which as we say, look just like most of the [Xenon and projector] lights you see being factory-installed on new luxury vehicles. The overall point here is why would anyone notice non-HID bulbs when the BMW next to you is lighting up the entire street w/HID?

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
just get MTEC's dude. grin

2002 Celica GT
2002 Celica GT
Originally Posted by isaac
what you are saying doesnt make sense - what does a piece of paper have to do with lighting up the road and being able to see where you are goin - while also letting someone else to know that you are coming their way.
the paper shows the color of the light. it is not legal to have blue colored lights. HID is considered violet normally, hids are legal here.

DOT = UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Department of Transportation wave
http://www.dot.gov/

If the bulbs are not DOT approved, will you get in trouble for using them?
Dot and the canadian standard go hand in hand, if they are approved for USA, they normaly are approved for Canada.

Almost all Nokya, APC and PIAA bulbs resemble the look of "specialty" headlight systems found in some of today's newest vehicles. Although it's true they are not all DOT approved, you should not let this worry you. These non-DOT approved brands are among the most popular after-market specialty items and their use is only growing. We can honestly (really!) say that we have never [ever] heard of any legal issue arising from the use of these bulbs, which as we say, look just like most of the [Xenon and projector] lights you see being factory-installed on new luxury vehicles. The overall point here is why would anyone notice non-HID bulbs when the BMW next to you is lighting up the entire street w/HID?
My buddy got a $180 ticket for having blue Xenon Toucan bulbs. a white peice of paper is used to show the color of light being projected... blue is considered to be inpersonating an emergency vehicle.

Last edited by 7th_gen_celica; Jul 21, 2003 6:45pm.

I got pulled over the other day, I have the CATZ Hid kit in the car. They did the paper test and it passed...hehe

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
it is only the appearance of them when directed towards you or at an angle...they are really while light when being projected...it is just the tint causing the color.