Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
aight guys i just got back from installing my trd springs from f1 motorsports as far as ride perfromance of the car its great and iam loving it thumbsup the ride is really smooth and not bumpy at all f1 did a good job installing it and they charged me $140

now for the downside of f1's lack of professionality, ok when i got home and opened my trunk i found a lock peg that they forgot to put back on i told myself it was cool since its only a plastic peg that i can put back on l8ter myself. now for the real bummer...i pop my hood open and i notice that one of the nuts of my struts has been replaced with a regular nut this really pissed me off angry angry angry i tried calling them and they said the have misplaced it angry angry thumbsdown thumbsdowni was thinkin that they probaly broke it so now one of my strut nuts is silver and its very annoying i tried calling dealerships but non of them have it in stock so now i have to order one and pay for it angry angry
thats the only downside to my experience from f1 motorsports other than that trd springs are awesome thumbsup

PS-if any of you guys have an extra OEM nut lying around for the front struts maybe you can hook me up 4 free thanks thumbsup

Last edited by tru_Asiatik_Pride; Jul 24, 2003 3:24pm.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
140??? i thought you said they charged 80??! wow,, post some pics! lets se the drop! i know what you mean...i had the same experience with mechanics having them replace my engine plastic pins with screws...the fawkers...guess it's my turn to get my trd springs.. thumbsup

btw-how long did it take them to finish the job??

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by ct
140??? i thought you said they charged 80??! wow,, post some pics! lets se the drop! i know what you mean...i had the same experience with mechanics having them replace my engine plastic pins with screws...the fawkers...guess it's my turn to get my trd springs.. thumbsup

i know they told me $80 also but they said that they only do that if you buy the springs frum them ...what a bummer frown frown but 140 is still kool 4 me anyways it took them about an hour and a half(thats including cigarret breaks grin grin)as far as pics i will take them as soon the the springs settle down and i get a chance to clean my ride(my baby's dirty rite now hahaha)

ct-i suggest shopping around more for installation 2k racing in reseda actually qoted me $120(i should have went to them-2 late 4 dat)

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik_Pride
Originally Posted by ct

i know they told me $80 also but they said that they only do that if you buy the springs frum them ...what a bummer frown frown but 140 is still kool 4 me anyways it took them about an hour and a half(thats including cigarret breaks grin grin)as far as pics i will take them as soon the the springs settle down and i get a chance to clean my ride(my baby's dirty rite now hahaha)

ct-i suggest shopping around more for installation 2k racing in reseda actually qoted me $120(i should have went to them-2 late 4 dat)

those bastards...well if i'm going to pay in the hundreds i hear long beach of toyo charges 110...but most likely i'll go to autohaus or brs tuning for around 60... confused

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica

those bastards...well if i'm going to pay in the hundreds i hear long beach of toyo charges 110...but most likely i'll go to autohaus or brs tuning for around 60... confused

damn ct now i have a feeling i got ripped on installation cry cry rofl roflhahaha j/k its all good im satisfied

Last edited by tru_Asiatik_Pride; Jul 24, 2003 4:11pm.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
does it look like stok after you have installed it? or did it seem it dropped a bit... i hear they settle at around 1.3..at the most they go 1.5 but i have only heard 1 person say that. glad you like the springs! thumbsup

what's nex? trd rear brace? grin

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by ct
does it look like stok after you have installed it? or did it seem it dropped a bit... i hear they settle at around 1.3..at the most they go 1.5 but i have only heard 1 person say that. glad you like the springs! thumbsup

what's nex? trd rear brace? grin

the drop is noticable but it does still look stock to the untrained eye(it will look better once i get my blitz kit and some 18" rims)
as far as my next mod most likely i will get my car alarm,then my rims, my kit will come in last

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
FYI: You SoCal guys are made . . . shop options on every street corner like 7-11! The shops here in Portland are a little suspect. My guys got all stumped trying to put in an Injen CAI cause they didn't cut the ECU tubing properly. Ugh.

LanceG33 - 03 Black GT

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
sorry to hear that...hope everything turns out well. frown

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Don't pay more than 100 dollars on a lowering spring installation. You can find a better price, just keep looking. thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
damn man sorry to hear that, good luck with everything thumbsup thumbsup

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Steven
Don't pay more than 100 dollars on a lowering spring installation. You can find a better price, just keep looking. thumbsup

maybe if you're in socal, but I have to say my experience has been more like lanceg33's... hard to find someone who knows what they're doing that doesn't want an arm and a leg

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Evanj - I'm sure there is a shop in seattle that will help you out. My dad has a retirement spot up there in washington on the Hood Canal. I go up there every few months to hang out with him. Maybe the next time I fly into Seatac, we'll meet up or something and maybe install some springs!

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
there was a guy who said that long beach toyo quoted him 110 for spring install...well i called them and they wanted $675!!! LOL...i actually laughed at him and hung up. northridge toyota wanted $400+!!! wow...doing it with friends or a shop other than toyota is the way to go... thumbsup

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Steven
Evanj - I'm sure there is a shop in seattle that will help you out. My dad has a retirement spot up there in washington on the Hood Canal. I go up there every few months to hang out with him. Maybe the next time I fly into Seatac, we'll meet up or something and maybe install some springs!

I might have to take you up on that offer!

[Linked Image]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
I paid 600 for the install of my Shocks/Struts & Springs from the ToyoDealership... at one point, I didn't care the price, I just needed it done because anything was better than the current suspension problems I was having at the time frown

as far is the NUT you are looking for - just order one from any Toyota parts department - it will cost you less than $2 and the parts dept will have it ready for you to pick-up in less than 5 days thumbsup

as far as F1 motorsports is concerned... they have been in business for at least the past 10 years - and usually only work on upper-class vehicles such as the BMW, LEXUS and MERCEDES. Didn't you feel a bit akward driving your $20,000 vehicle into the small parking lot where 90% of the cars sitting there were worth ATLEAST $60,000 and up? Im sorry for your problems there - but out of the many times I've been in, I have never had a single bad issue from them. Everything that I've got from F1 has been of the highest quality and has always performed to its fullest thumbsup

I'm sorry for your bad experience... but its the first one I've ever heard from F1 - just shrug it off, and drop $2 on a new bolt from the toyota service dept thumbsup

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
just for info...trd springs (no shocks) on 15s and 16s...
108876-trdspring15.jpg

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by ct
just for info...trd springs (no shocks) on 15s and 16s...

oops forgot the 16s i like the drop on both...i'll be getting mine soon grin
108879-trd16.jpg

Last edited by ct; Jul 25, 2003 11:34am.

Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Blue MnM
2003 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by isaac
I paid 600 for the install of my Shocks/Struts & Springs from the ToyoDealership... at one point, I didn't care the price, I just needed it done because anything was better than the current suspension problems I was having at the time frown

as far is the NUT you are looking for - just order one from any Toyota parts department - it will cost you less than $2 and the parts dept will have it ready for you to pick-up in less than 5 days thumbsup

as far as F1 motorsports is concerned... they have been in business for at least the past 10 years - and usually only work on upper-class vehicles such as the BMW, LEXUS and MERCEDES. Didn't you feel a bit akward driving your $20,000 vehicle into the small parking lot where 90% of the cars sitting there were worth ATLEAST $60,000 and up? Im sorry for your problems there - but out of the many times I've been in, I have never had a single bad issue from them. Everything that I've got from F1 has been of the highest quality and has always performed to its fullest thumbsup

I'm sorry for your bad experience... but its the first one I've ever heard from F1 - just shrug it off, and drop $2 on a new bolt from the toyota service dept thumbsup

hahahaha that is so true isaac, when i pulled up there were 3 M5's and 3 Marcedes I dont know if you know Will(he's my homboys cousin)his BMW is so sweet had 20" rims on it and he said he was pushing 400+hp to the car CRAZYYYYY!!! eek eek

as far as f1 is concerned i was not putting down there work they did a great job installing my springs no complaints there...the problem i had was they should at least told me that they change one of the nuts so i would have been at least aware of it...no biggie though i went to my toyo dealer this morning and ordered the replacement for it so its all good thumbsup

Last edited by tru_Asiatik_Pride; Jul 25, 2003 1:26pm.