Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#3432 Feb 1, 7:50am
After some serious mods, i thought a piggyback ECU would do some good to the A/F and ignition. Got Greddy's eManage wired up and on a Dyno machine.

Ignition, no problem. But when I tried to lean out the A/F, the bloody ECU keeps reseting itself back to the orginal setting.

I would like to know if anyone out there had a similar experience? Anyone out there hooked on to a Piggyback?

Here in Singapore, some blokes are using the Buddy Club ECU which is also Piggyback. Let me know your experience.

Cheers.

http://www.celicasg.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by achtung:
After some serious mods, i thought a piggyback ECU would do some good to the A/F and ignition. Got Greddy's eManage wired up and on a Dyno machine.

Ignition, no problem. But when I tried to lean out the A/F, the bloody ECU keeps reseting itself back to the orginal setting.

I would like to know if anyone out there had a similar experience? Anyone out there hooked on to a Piggyback?

Here in Singapore, some blokes are using the Buddy Club ECU which is also Piggyback. Let me know your experience.

Cheers.

http://www.celicasg.com
See the trick is the O2 sensor thats messing everything up, its not just MAF sensor thats messing things up.
The MAF sensor will sense amount of air and when the O2 sensor senses there are more fuel it will adjust the ECU, I know a lot of people is going to say when WoT it is closed loop but then by the time you at at WoT the ECU already adjusted settings.
you will find this problem with more expensive E-Management also like the AEM one, however there is 1 unit that will solve all your problem. Try Split Second FTC1-E unit, it sends stock signal to the ECU so the ECU think everything is normal but you can still make adjustments by the piggyback. Their website is www.splitsec.com [splitsec.com] look for FTC1-E unit, and if you take out the Catalytic converter add ESC2 unit which will send stock signal to ECU deceiving the ECU that the cat is still there.
Sometimes solution to your problem is not an expensive solution smile FTC1-E is around $600 U.S. but the shipping to Singapore is going to be quite a few bucks.

#3434 Feb 1, 8:54pm
with the unit from split second yeah... does it come with the software? I will need it to tune it.

secondly, its a piggyback right?

The website from splisecond does not show a product meant for the Celica.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yes it is a piggyback, I have it on my turboed GT and its working great. Yes it does come with a software which is loaded to a laptop linked by a cable, you can use dyno to tune it at a specific setting. For an example if you have 1 setting for street use with regular fuel, when you are at track you can upload higher air fuel values for race fuels. You can hold as many setting as you want on your computer and to change the setting on this computer it only takes 10 seconds to upload.

#3436 Feb 3, 12:44pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ok here is the main reason why ECU keep readjusting, and this is coming from Mark at Split Second:
Mike,

The main reason that the ECU keeps correcting is that the SAFC cannot adjust fuel vs. load. It only has high and low load settings. With the FTC you can calibrate over 50 columns of load. This way you can fine tune the fuel so the ECU does not have to. The ESC will give you the ability to map richer mixtures at part throttle. This is a good thing and your car should have that feature.
Note it says main reason so there may be other reason, but it seem to work on David Drapers turbo setup so it should be as it says smile