Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hey guys...
I just got a 1990 Celica GTS, manual transmission...

I'm having a problem checking the transmission fluid. How do I go about checkin the fluid? I can't find any plug or anything. Also, does anyone have any diagrams on how to drain/fill the fluid, or any instructions. Also, what kind would you guys suggest using?

The other thing is do our foglights have a fuse? Mine aren't working and I'm not sure why. I checked the 3 fuse boxes and I don't see one for the foglights.

Thanks.

GT4
1990 Toyota Alltrac
GT4
1990 Toyota Alltrac
how much do you know abt cars? that can help me help ya out... I also have a 90 gts... and what part of PA r you in? I'm about 25 mins from Gettysburg.. welcome wave

90 all trac 98k miles... *To be resurrected...*
Gives new meaning to "It looks fast"...It IS fast
'90 rolla "Lunchbox on wheels" 167k strong!

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
1 - You shouldn't have to check the Trans fluid in a manual tran. It doesn't have a trans dipstick.
2 - check on the left hand side of your dash there should be a button with the foglight symbol on it make sure that it is engaged. Bulbs might be blown.

Originally Posted by sakara
how much do you know abt cars? that can help me help ya out... I also have a 90 gts... and what part of PA r you in? I'm about 25 mins from Gettysburg.. welcome wave

I know quite a bit. I'm in Northeast PA, about 4 hours or so from Gettysburg.

Originally Posted by Tommy91GT
1 - You shouldn't have to check the Trans fluid in a manual tran. It doesn't have a trans dipstick.
2 - check on the left hand side of your dash there should be a button with the foglight symbol on it make sure that it is engaged. Bulbs might be blown.

Yea, the only reason I was thinking of checking the trans fluid is because the car grinds into 3rd gear and someone suggested making sure the fluid wasn't low. I knew there wasnt a dipstick, just wondering how to check it w/out one.

Yea, the bulbs are prolly just blown. I'll have to get new ones. I just thought there might be a fuse b/c that was the prob with the fogs on my MR2.

GT4
1990 Toyota Alltrac
GT4
1990 Toyota Alltrac
Yea, the only reason I was thinking of checking the trans fluid is because the car grinds into 3rd gear and someone suggested making sure the fluid wasn't low. I knew there wasnt a dipstick, just wondering how to check it w/out one.

My gts had that problem as well... I have heard that a lot of 5th gen's have a thing called 'the celica wall'... Sometimes while shifting into 3rd and down to second it would grind... Alot of ppl on c.net talked about that, and apparently there isn't much they said that you can do abt it... not every 5th gen I've heard has that problem... but a lot do

90 all trac 98k miles... *To be resurrected...*
Gives new meaning to "It looks fast"...It IS fast
'90 rolla "Lunchbox on wheels" 167k strong!

1991 Toyota Celica GT
1991 Toyota Celica GT
90-91 trannies have a history of the synco's going out for 3rd.