Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#399212 Feb 13, 6:07pm
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
ok so stock head unit has no aux input or 1/8" jack. However i've never dealth with stock HU b4(other than ripping them out for aftermarket) so iw as wondering.

Would it be possible to disconnect the part of the stock HU sending signal from your cassetee deck and, basically put the signal from Ipod where signal from tape was, useing this as a "aux input" .

or do tape decks not work in a way that thats possible..

i ask because i really wanna get an ipod hardwired to stock HU, wifes car and she wants stock HU

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Dont know of any way to hardwire it but you can use a cassette adapter or FM modulator to hook up your Ipod for the meanwhile. I think I also seen some type of adapter that uses the cd changer input on the headunit and converts it to an aux input.

2003 Celica GT with Hotchkis Drop

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
holy shit dude, thank you... the whole time i looked at that thing i thought it meant cd changer in your trunk...

so we have a input in the back of our stock HU('03) for a cd changer?

for example
http://www.dension.com/main.php?pageid=50&topid=42

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
I have my stock headunit sitting in front of me and I see to round inputs on the bottom right corner, one is the antenna and I would think the second is some other type of input like for a cd changer.

Last edited by vaio23; Feb 13, 2005 6:31pm.

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
anychance you can take a look at the site i posted? im haveing trouble finding just a generic connector ya know, seems like you can only buy kits, but i dont understand why, an input is an input. looks like the kits all come with MP3 players as well i may just need to call them tommorow

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Here are a few other links I found on another site.

http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie/factory/no-external-changer/toy-aux.html

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/aai.htm

It seems the cd changer input is a 12 pin port. Dont have an experience with them though.

Last edited by vaio23; Feb 13, 2005 6:41pm.

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
well i just oredered the one from myradiostore, i will let you guys know how it goes

now is it hard to get the stock HU out? if it isnt as hard as i think it looks i will do it myself... if I can break plastic easily im gunna pay to get it done frown, did HU in my older cars myself, but new cars scare me

Last edited by AreSTG; Feb 13, 2005 6:53pm.

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
Taking out the radio is easy just a matter of removing the center console. There is a write up in the install section to removing the console. Also make sure you get the right adapter I seen on the pdf file that the adapter is different for 03+ celicas (TOY03-AUX).

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
as far as the rigth one, you type in your year make model etc for them and they give you the rigth one

i guesse now i'll look at takin out the console

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
hmm was just thinking, if that picture si halfway accurate it makes the cdport into an aux, i still need a damn connector from my ipod into aux

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
Vaio, would you happen to have a pic of the back of the stock HU, or simply answer thsi question(either should do) is the back of it connected by a single(or two or so) clump of wires held togehter in a bunch connecting to the HU with a clip(like the connections under the hood of a car, push one little tab down pull apart) or is it a mess of wires comming out directly from the HU?

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
The back of the headunit has 4 sets of plugs, only two plug to the factory wiring? I guess the the other one is the cdport and dont know what the other does. As for the connector just buy a RCA to 1/8" headphone jack at Radioshack ($3)that is what I did for my eclipse deck.

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
i was just thinking abck to an old honda i had and the HU had wires comming rigth from it, nothing like connectors to diconnect it, was a bitch and i dont wanna get into that, but if i can just pop the two connectors and then put in new one and pop both old ones in it should be a breeze

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
if anyone is following this(as in possibly doing ti to their car, the Ipod came with rca to 1/8" so that problem is solved, tommorow i should be installing it and i can let you know. The wife also saw your pictures of the black console and sayed she'd like, it. However its the first thing i've ever tried to paint as far as interior is concered...

ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ThE iRoN mAiDeN
2003 Toyota Celica GT
you could use the ipod uplink, its wireless. I'm not sure what apple calls it but its a little thing that attaches to the top of the ipod that uses FM radio signals to link to your head unit.

Our CEO has it, he loves it, says it works great. Plus I think it costs less than $40. Worth checking out.

03 Toyota Celica Turbo
03 Toyota Celica Turbo
i've looked WAY into that looked at every review i could, and there were mixed emotions on it but over bad. Certain people in certaina reas with certain recievers say ti works great, one even said on the way to the beach he had 2 other cars listening to hsi ipod through radio at same time. But i live in a hilly region with weird intference... and on top of everyhting else i would love to know im getting great quality sound thats hardwired to ym headunit.

and come to find out the link i orederd on is out of stock, as was like 4 other places(the 02 and lower was in stick) but eventually i found crutchfuield, who will have it to me by tommorow(tues, and i just orderd at 140pm today, and they were as cheap as everyone else, with lower shipping proces, great people on the ohone, i recomend them to anyone, you can get a free catalog from them too