Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Guys I am wondering about the indiglo overlays. It says that you need to run a wire to connect power but all that I seen on the install guide was that it just went to the switch that needs to be installed. I am confused as to why you need to do this. There is no wires that are being ran to the overlays themselves is there? If not why do you need these wires. Maybe i'm just being a retard and can't figure out what the wires are for. Does anyone know what the wires do? Please let me know. Thanks confused confused confused

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
how do you think the gauges glow...of coarce there's a power wire and a switch. You can buy a fuse tap and the install will be easy.

Nole-hater
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Nole-hater
2000 Toyota Celica GT
The overlays supply their own light, therfore they need power and they also have an inverter so they need wires. A wire runs from the parking light to the inverter. There is a ground wire, and there is a wire from the inverter to the overlays. I'm assuming you mean full on gauges when you say overlays. Hope this helps thumbsup

[Linked Image]
In case you didn't notice its good to be a Florida Gator. Noles Suck.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I have the 3d indiglos in my car. Installation wasn't that bad. I do recomend getting a voltmeter to find out which wire on the steering column turns off and on with the parking light switch. This is the one you want to wire it too. Then ground the other wire that came with the kit on any piece of metal or existing ground wire. Also I noticed that my dimmer switch still works but If you turn it too far either way then the dash lights completely turn off but the lights for the AC and Heating still stay on. Weird huh, but everything does work and I really like them.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Yeah, I think it's better if you find that wire so you don't have to go though the fire wall and string a wire across your engine bay. Why not help out by taking some pics of it while you're doing it and adding them to the install

I saw this because I don't really know where the wire is in the steering column, and I'm sure others would like to see pics.

Last edited by MxReb0; Sep 4, 2003 7:51am.

MAKE YOUR TIME

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
just wire to the cig lighting... it comes on when you have your headlight turned on - and the wireing is quite simple thumbsup

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I understand that it needs power and all of that but the one thing that I'm still a little confused about is I didn't see any wires that came off of the indiglo overlays. I looked at the install that isaac posted and really the only wires that I seen was the ones that you have to plug in to get the actual gauges to work. Are there some other wires that I am not seeing? Thanks for all of the replies.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Bartiks
I understand that it needs power and all of that but the one thing that I'm still a little confused about is I didn't see any wires that came off of the indiglo overlays. I looked at the install that isaac posted and really the only wires that I seen was the ones that you have to plug in to get the actual gauges to work. Are there some other wires that I am not seeing? Thanks for all of the replies.

Top left, right above the left-turn signal arrow

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Sweet thanks for the visual assistance. how difficult is it getting it from the inside of the "case" that the gauges are in to the outside? I mean running down to the cig lighter? Very difficult or do I need to drill a small hole in the back of the plastic piece. Kind of going by memory here don't have the install guide in front of me. Thanks

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
the wire set coming from the gauge overlay has a special connector - plug that into the inverter box

the inverter box has a control switch with two button on it - mount that anyplace you want (one button control the brightness of the gauges and the other cycles through the colors)

the inverter also has two other wires coming from it - one red, one black - these are the wires that you hook into your electrical system - they are what give power to your new gauges thumbsup

[Linked Image]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Bartiks
Sweet thanks for the visual assistance. how difficult is it getting it from the inside of the "case" that the gauges are in to the outside? I mean running down to the cig lighter? Very difficult or do I need to drill a small hole in the back of the plastic piece. Kind of going by memory here don't have the install guide in front of me. Thanks

the install guide is a click away...
https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=57137

and to get the wires form the gauge bezel to the cig lighter is simple... and quite obvious once you are siting in your car and are looking at it

[Linked Image]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Behind the cig lighter...

The wire on the tip is POS (+) and the wire around the outside that is pictured, is the NEG (-)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]