Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
Hi guys,

I went out to my 2001 Celica GT this morning and tried to start my car. When I turned the key the car started to turn over as usual but before the car started the engine changed sound. Obviously after that it didn't start. What I mean by it changed sound is that it got quieter, kinda like if you were to break a timing belt. There was no other noise during this change(no klunk, etc.) This car has a timing chain and I can take off the oil cap and when the key is turned I can see the cam shaft turning. So I know the timing chain is still truning the cam shafts. Before today it has been running very well with no problems. I have a full tank of gas before anyone asks...lol. This car has the 1ZZ-FE engine. Can anyone help?

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
try jumping it. maybe the cold weather is affecting the battery.

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Do you live in a cold climate? Could happen (especially here in Canada) when it gets cold and the gas line freezes or the battery melfunctions.

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
Thanks for the help guys. The battery is fine and it's 45 degrees here. I had a tow truck come and take my car to the garage today. I'll let you know what they find.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
good luck.. change your battery though its that time cause i have an 01 & my battery was dying already

Cold Warrior
2004 Toyota Celica GTS
Cold Warrior
2004 Toyota Celica GTS
Yeah, this one kinda makes me scratch my head. Probably would have been good to check all the fuses (like fuel injection, ignition) just on the off chance it was something like that, but this sounds pretty weird.

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
I got my car back from the garage! They called me and said that when the roll back dropped it off the mechanic got in it and turned it over, it missed a little then smoothed out. He said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He said it acted like it was flooded. (But I didn't and don't touch the gas when I start the car.) When I picked it up, I turned the key, I immediately knew it was going to start because it sounded like it's old self. Within 2 seconds of turning the key it was running and runs like a top. I had a full tank of gas so I'm ruling out water and it wasn't near freezing so I'm ruling out ice in the lines. Think maybe something was clogged in the gas line or fuel filters? Any ideas anyone has would be helpful since I travel a lot and don't want this to happen hours from my house...Thanks!