Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
The first question i have is how much can a 2000 gts safely handle? Is it possible for a 75 shot? Also, how small do they make nos bottles? The only reason why i ask is because I want to be creative if i get nos, like putting the bottle, if small enough, in the glove box that's inside of the arm rest. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
I know they make 2lb bottles for bikes, but i've seen 5 pound and 10 pound. everyone differs on what you can safely spray. i'm going to say 50, thats what i run. i'd rather be safer and more conservative. you are going to need some new spark plugs. because it will melt your stock ones.

I'll always recommend zex because its the safest of all, and thats what i run so naturally thats what i'm gonna say lol.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Just a few more questions:
Why is Zex the safest? I've heard it's the worst because it's the hardest to put on a car.

Ok, it's safe to run a 50 shot. Is it really dangerous for your engine if you run a 75 shot? what are the side effects of runnin a 75 shot other than having to change the spark plugs? How much do the new spark plugs cost?

As far as the 2 pound bottle, can that fit inside of the glove box in the arm rest? If so, how many can your fit? is it possible for 2 on the bottom of the box and, if there's enough slack on the nos hoses, possibly have a third mounted on the underside of the lid?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i just got done installin my venom kit last ngiht and tried it out today, it worth it. as for ur question on safety, its all about how much your engine can take. my engine has been torn to pieces and rebuilt to be stronger higher compression at 12.5:1. thats pretty high. i also switched out my plugs for a colder burning one. with that high of a compression using regular "hot" burning plugs will cause the park get blown off and the engine will miss fire. i run a 100 shot. but i only do so because i kno and trust the parts in my engine, and that my engine will take the abuse. also larger injectors would be good too. Timing is also an issue its gonna have to retarded. Venom provides you with a module that will take car of that, which is very cool. i would suggest using a starter kit if you just gettin into n2o, i think its also Venom that has their begginer's kit. look it up. i think it gives you a small bottle, line to run it, solenoids, the module to contrl ur timing. well good luck with you. but i gotta tell you its probably one fo the cheapest ways to ad instant 50-100+ hps. good luck, and dont burn ur engine out... thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I just want to run a 75 shot. Is that too much for a 2000 gts engine to handle? Besides the spark plugs, what else do i have to do to rebuild the engine? How much will it cost?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by 2000gts2000
I just want to run a 75 shot. Is that too much for a 2000 gts engine to handle? Besides the spark plugs, what else do i have to do to rebuild the engine? How much will it cost?

hey man. with the stock compression on the GTS being somewhere in the neighboor hood of 10.5 or something. my mechanic figured it would be too high for me to jsut dump 100 shot of boost on it. so made a few calls, did some research i found a machine shop to custom machine me forged internals, from pistons, connecting arms, etc. i run a higher compression but sturdier engine soit can take the abuse of the sudden surge of power. to answer you question of what else to do on ur engine, 75 shot is reasonable, but if you wanna keep ur car running, and the engine safe, i'd suggest bring the stock compression down to about 9 or 9.5, that can be done with lower compression piston heads, and if you have cash get better connecting arms too. but i have seen ppl do fine with just lowering the compression ratio by switchin piston heads. as for cost i honestly do not know what to tell you. i went through custom machining so that cost a lot more. lol a good job doesnt hurt. but research making a few phone calls wouldnt hurt. rice

02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
i've heard of people running 75 shot on gts's but i can't remmeber which kit they used.. remember nos is rated at the flywheel where as nx is rated to the wheels. i ran 50 shot nos on my gt..

Team Shoganai...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I just want to run a wet 75 shot of nitrous and i want to get the most performance possible with the least ammount of work that has to get done to the engine to beef it up. What does everybody recomend?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
u might be able to get away with just swapping out he pistons and piston rings. other than that a good, reputable n2o kit. and proper install.

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
start off small...then go bigger if you wanna take babysteps

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by 2000gts2000
I just want to run a wet 75 shot of nitrous and i want to get the most performance possible with the least ammount of work that has to get done to the engine to beef it up. What does everybody recomend?

cheap and easy is NEVER the way to go unless you wanna blow your engine. Every engine is going to respond differently to nitrous. It all depends on how hard youve pushed you car to this point. If you werent the first owner of the car itd prolly be smart to try and upgrade the pistons and piston rings like stated above. Just to be safe.

Above all else just be careful. You dont wanna blow the welds on the intake and end up owing someone a 10 sec. car. thumbsup

Last edited by beano457; Apr 11, 2005 4:06pm.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
yes baby steps is a good way of puttin it if ur just starting to get into n2o