Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

So I have a 2004 celica gts. I had a head light go out a week ago and went and paid $140 for 2 brand spanking new headlight bulbs (GTS comes with stock HID's incase you didn't know)

I put the bulbs in and the driver side still didn't work. I started tracing where I had power and eventually ended up at the light controller (some call it a ballast, some call it a "computer" or even a "relay"). I don't really care what its called at this point.

I called the dealership and they said this "computer" was $283 and does NOT come with a new headlight purchase. So from here I started looking on ebay and the rest of the web to see what in all I could find. I came up on some conversion kits for a regular gt and what not... I figured if I could buy brand new headlights that come with the ballast it would be much cheaper.

So I started calling some people about these kits and what not.. All I have been told is that they dont fit (something about if the car has stock hid's or something???)

anyway, has anyone else had to replace these on their GTS? Have you bought any nice aftermarket lights (halo or whatever) that comes with the ballasts and all?

Would greatly appreciate any help as this is really racking my brain today.

I got a Gt, And I just bought aftermarket Hid kit.. Works well with factory housing I don't know about aftermarket stuff.. Might melt or not fit... But ddmtuning sells them for 45 bucks for 35 watt 5k lights... with a lifetime. if that helps..