Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hey i just got my trd spoiler but it's a fiber glass one and it has cracks in it in like 4 or 5 different spots. they are like 2 to 4 incehs long and i also have some chips on it. i was wondering is there a way to fix these things at home w/ taking it to a body shop because they probably will charge me and arm and a leg for it? also i don't have the third brake light in the spoiler. i also want to cover that big hole up and make the spoiler all smooth. how can i do that also? some body said don't use bond because in the winter time it will fall off or fall out of the whole. is this true or they just bull shitting? also if you think bondo will work and make it look perfect where can i get it at and how can i go about doing the whole process: i.e. what do i need? thnx for you r help guys, and i look forward to reading helpful suggestions.

slik

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
My suggestion, if you've never done anything like this before take it to a bodyshop and have it professional done.

It will come out much nicer and you'll be more pleased with it in the long run. grin

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

Satoshi from JAPAN

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
The proper way to fill stress cracks in fiberglass is to grind em out, stuff them with fiberglass cloth then coat the area with resin. Then finish it off with body filler sand it , prime it , paint it , clear coat it and finally color sand and buff.

Now paying the body shop doesn't sound like a bad deal after all does it.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
how much do you think a body shop will charge for this. it's not that big of a job and i don't wanna get ripped off. so wut do you think is a rough and good estimate for the cost of getting it fixed. thnx

slik

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Around $250 to $500 depending on what color it needs to be.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
I need to get a piece fixed on my blitz.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the spoiler is not painted. it is a brand new spoiler i bought from someone however they failed to tell me that besides the tail light missing, it also has several cracks in it. n e ways i paid a very good price for it and i'm getting it fixed. i just dropped it off at one my coworker's house. he does all this stuff in his garage and knows how to fix this shit. so he's taking care of it and he's going to give it back in 2 days and then i can c if it was worth paying him the money for it. he said that it'll cost me $35, and it will look perfect and it won't mess up in the future. so hopefully he'll do a nice job on the cracks. as for the indentation for the brake light in the spoiler i'm not going to get that filled. i test fitted the spoiler on my car today and it looks just fine even w/ that indentation. infact it looks very nice. so next week when i get my spoiler back from him then i gotta take it to get it painted along w/ my new Vizages JP Urethene Body Kit. man i'm so excited. well, thnx for ur help and hopefully everything will work out just great, and if i have other questions i'll holla at ya guys. later

slik