Print Thread
Rate Thread

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Grounding Kit
By Happies713 (happies713@hotmail.com)

On a normal system, electric current flows from a positive terminal to a negative terminal through the car body. But there are much resistance at connectors of body, engine and transmission. The resistance disturbs this flow of electricity to a degree that electrical components such as computer, lamp and spark plugs cannot perform at their peaks. In order to get the highest Performance out of any automobile, it is necessary to achieve a maximum electricity flow with the least resistance along its electrical circuit. In short, a grounding system does to your electrical circuit like a high Performance Intake & exhaust system does for the gas. We believe such system is the basic of all tune-up if you want to unleash the maximum Performance of your car.

While making sure that the operational circumstance is the same, the below table indicates a 7.7% of total resistance which originates from the car body & the same 7.7% of battery voltage which is being wasted due to the absence of a grounding system.

The Grounding System can achieve an extreme improvement on electricity flow and stability by providing a direct ground path from the body, chassis and engine components to the battery negative.

This theory has been known & such system has been used in the racing world for years. Since 1.5 years ago, it has become the hottest modification performed by car enthusiasts in Japan. Its effect on automobile has been proven by dyno tests again and again.

- Faster engine start-up - You can feel the difference even with A/C on and at maximum fan speed. This system reduces the loss of electricity to nearly zero at ignition coil and produces better ignition spark.

- Stable idling - You will hear your car engine noise quieter than before.

- Throttle response - System installed. They indicate a higher torque & horsepower gain. Car used for this dyno test was a Lancer Evolution VI. A max. horsepower gain of 5hp and up has been achieved on a Honda Integra TypeR.

[Linked Image]

4 gauge wire, made in the usa. and gold plated ring terminals. 5 wires included, these kits are celica specific.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Install points...

[Linked Image]
First Ground Point from the negative battery.

[Linked Image]
Second Ground Point, from the (-) battery terminal to, Under the Fuse Box. Near the Right head light.

[Linked Image]
Third ground point from the (-) battery terminal to the Tranny, battery has to be removed.

[Linked Image]
From the Tranny to the engine block.

[Linked Image]
From the right side of the engine block to the left side of the engine block, engine cover must be removed.

[Linked Image]
From left side of engine block to the left side of the engine bay near the power steering bracket. Right under the bracket, is where they terminal goes.
Look for the screw in the middle of the picture, its goldish color.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
1869895503-screen.jpg

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Grounding Kit
By Tuned Innovations (tech@tunedinnovatons.com)

The Tuned Innovations Groundwire Kit is the best kit out for the 7th Gen Celica GT/GTS. It utilizes the best possible grounding points with the shortest ground lines for maximum gains. Here is an install that will help you make sense of all those wires.

**Caution, Tuned Innovations nor the authors of this install are liable for any problems resulting in the use of the following information. Use this information at your own risk**

Tools Required:

* 3/8" drive ratchet
* socket extension
* 12mm Socket
* 10mm Socket
* 5mm allen Wrench
* Flathead screwdriver
* Groundwire Kit

1) Disconnect both battery terminals before starting.

2) Remove Plastic Valve cover protector, and front left large engine cover (4 bolts,5 clips, 5mm allen(GTS)). If You cant figure out how to do this, turn back.. cos it only gets harder (heh its not really hard)

[Linked Image]
3) Remove the battery tie down, and remove the battery.

[Linked Image]
4) Remove the Large fuse box cover.

[Linked Image]
5) Remove the bolt that connects the ECU to the Fuse Box.

[Linked Image]
6) Remove the white battery tray, and the 4 bolts that hold the battery plate in place.

[Linked Image]
7) You need to unbolt this 5th bolt under the ECU and the wire harness clip shown. This may take some maneuvering of the ECU box to get to the bolt.

[Linked Image]
8) Now we are ready to begin the Wiring. In the pictures following, you will notice there are 8 numbered ground points and 6 lettered wires. The wires should be matched as follows...

A = 21" Wire
B = 8.5" Wire
C = 9.5" Wire
D = 26" Wire
E = 11.5" Wire
F = 11.5" Wire

9) Connect wire A to ground point 2 (grounds the battery to the chassis).
Connect wire B to ground points 2 and 3 (grounds the tranny to the chassis).
Connect wire C to ground points 4 and 5 (grounds the block to the chassis).
Connect wire D to ground point 5. (grounds manifold and block)
* Note the auto trans point and manual trans point are slightly different, and in the manual trans pic shows wire C grounded from points 5 to 3, but you want to use points 5 to 4 instead.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here is a closeup of point 5, so you can tell which bolt to use.

[Linked Image]
10) Wire D will continue around the front of the manifold and connect to point 6. (tuck wire behind lines and under fuel rail)

[Linked Image]
11) Wire E will connect from point 6 (above) to point 7 (grounds manifold to chassis). This is easiest if you remove the Power steering reservoir (push the metal clip in with a screwdriver, and pull up on the reservoir)

[Linked Image]
12) Connect wire F to ground points 7 and 8 (grounds alternator to chassis).

[Linked Image]
Now reassemble everything in reverse order. You need to connect wire A to the negative battery terminal (point 1) after you put everything back together.

[Linked Image]
You can hook it up as shown, or buy an aftermarket terminal to hook it to, and remove the stock negative terminal all together.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Enjoy!

Source...
http://www.tunedinnovations.com/

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Recently made and installed a grounding kit for my 2002 Celica GT. Everything went smoothly except for the holes on the ring terminals I bought being too small for some of the bolts to fit through. Had to stop and buy more. Other than that not too difficult to install once I found all the install points. Must say that I have noticed a small increase in power down low. Great pics and instructions!

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
i just got a ground wiring kit and i was trying to folllow your directions but i am getting getting confused. first off my kit comes with 6 wires and second i am following your directions up to where it says the wires from the tranny goes to the engine block then from the left engine block to the right. i am unable to locate the exact locations you have specified. pls help... maybe a diagram of the engine with the exact locations highted or marked or something.. any help from anyone will be appreciated.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
My friend in Phoenix made them for our Celica crew here in AZ, definately worth the money!!!!!

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Good diagram and great info, but I have a question. Have you heard anything good or bad on those grounding kits that all go to one plate? They go all over the engine compartment, but they only have to be bolted on to be body or something. Not really sure, I still have to get home to check it out. But if youve heard anything about these kits let me know. Thanks!

DONT B A FOOL, WRAP UR TOOL

1993 Toyota Celica GT
1993 Toyota Celica GT
Greetings...

I just bought a TRD G2 Celica kit from ebay for my 1993 celica gt...The damn thing didn't come w/ instructions...I have a center piece that has about 6 or 7 4gauge wires attached to it while it is attached to the negative batt. terminal...I have about 6 wires that need to be wired to specific spots (i.e. Engine Manifold, Engine BLock, Head Lamp, Cylinder Head, Alternator, Tranny according to ebay pic...) ANy bolt near these areas work?

thankz

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Tried this install. What a pain in the ass getting the battery tray out is. Not the white plastic piece but the part that is screwed down. You have to try to get under the ECU to get to a bolt and a clip. Damn. Now I don't even know if I want to leave the grounding kit on. I had the wrong size cables. Two of them were to long. I think I hooked one up to the wrong spot. I didn't even finish. I stopped after going to the passenger side of the manifold. So I have two more grounds I have to do.

Bad Toyo
2004 Toyota Celica
Bad Toyo
2004 Toyota Celica
Some of the ground points shown I used...But I used some alternate points as well...In the same area, but just a different bolt location. Didn't take long at all...just removing the battery took the longest...
1953544717-100_0895.JPG

2004 Celica GT-S
A.K.A. "Bad Toyo"

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
why on some of the pictures is there 2 wires coming from the positive and negative terminal?