I guess you could get an intake and exhaust
like everyone else or do some suspension upgrades
first.

NEXT TIME GET A MANUAL

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I know...firt time i saw the car I fell inlove in it. Ill going back to the dealer and see If they can give me a good deal on a manual shift. frown

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
i love my 2001 gt auto

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i never understood why people are so against automatic? who wants to worry bout shifting and stuff, just relax and enjoy driving, its not like a manual goes faster, just better pickup and whatnot.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Actually you get more out of a 6spd GTS than you get out of a auto GTS because you control when you shift which in turn makes you faster.

[ 10-24-2002, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Steven ]

So true.

I was so disappointed to toyota, I went thier couple of hours ago and I asked them how much would they take my GTauto coz Im planning on trading it to a GTS with a manual transmission and you know how much thier appraisal? its only $14,600, I said what the hell. I mean my car is 6 months old and its only had 3500 miles on it and no stains and everything it like brand new. I DO LOVE MY GT AUTO AND I HAVE SO MUCH FUN DRIVING IT BUT IT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER IF IT HAS MORE POWER AND A STICK SHIFT. I desided to keep my car AND DO THE SUSPENSION AND ILL RUNNING ON A 18. smile

[Linked Image]

for those GT auto owners what are the modifications that you put in your car that add power and you can notice it. and what are the difference between a coilover and lowering springs which would be the best one?

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by mkvirus:
I was so disappointed to toyota, I went thier couple of hours ago and I asked them how much would they take my GTauto coz Im planning on trading it to a GTS with a manual transmission and you know how much thier appraisal? its only $14,600, I said what the hell. I mean my car is 6 months old and its only had 3500 miles on it and no stains and everything it like brand new. I DO LOVE MY GT AUTO AND I HAVE SO MUCH FUN DRIVING IT BUT IT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER IF IT HAS MORE POWER AND A STICK SHIFT. I desided to keep my car AND DO THE SUSPENSION AND ILL RUNNING ON A 18. smile
would it not be a lot more fun and inexpensive to wait a bit and buy a turbo for that GT? Trading in and upgrading will cost you a lot more than 4-5k seeing as the GTS costs 4k more stock vs stock. For 4-5 k in a few months you can get the west covina kit or the alpine developments kit installed either of which will give you a lot more power than a stock GTS and at lower RPMs... even in an AUTO. For that price you might even be able to get new internals and turn that auto into beast...

my 0.02 smile

PS- I love my AUTO GT!!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I Love my auto GT as well thumbsup

just because its an auto doesnt mean that you wont feel a power difference. ull feel one with intake and exhuast. and to 00silvercelica, its not like you worry about shifting with stick, in fact i dont even notice it anymore its just habit. just like ur used to just putting it in drive and hitting the accelorator. im just used to keeping both feet busy. but i never think about it anymore. its all just habit.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
yeah, i can see how owning a manual transmission in LosAngles' "stop & go" traffic, communuting every day back AND forth to work... an hour each way... I can see how much fun that is shocked

most of the people here have only one car - and its also the same mode of transportation that's used to get them to work and back everyday.

i dunno about you, but I havent noticed anyone at my job bragging about how manual transmission get them to work any quicker then the people with automatic transmissions rofl

the ONLY draw-back to owning an automatic is the fact that we have to put up with ignorant people who say that their 180hp manual IS FASTER then our 180hp automatic thumbsdown

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
I guess it depends on where you live. Around where I live, there isn't much traffic except for rush hour on the freeways. So it isn't really a pain to be driving stick, actually I enjoy it.

dontmesswithkram made a good point, I hardly ever think about shifting. Driving stick probably got a bad name in traffic because of trucks. Truck clutches and our clutches are very different. With trucks, you have to kick that sucker in to engage it, with our cars, its just a slight push of the left foot.

Also, the gear ratio in our cars is different than trucks. To shift with our cars, all you got to do is flick your wrist. Trucks, you got to move your arm in large intervals.

Now that I think about it, driving a 5spd. truck would stink in traffic. TOO BAD WE DON'T OWN AND DRIVE TRUCKS smile grin [Razz] thumbsup

I've raced an auto GTS and I beat it, which is a valid example of how a manual transmission puts the power to the ground better than an auto does. smile

Originally posted by isaac:
yeah, i can see how owning a manual transmission in LosAngles' "stop & go" traffic, communuting every day back AND forth to work... an hour each way... I can see how much fun that is shocked

most of the people here have only one car - and its also the same mode of transportation that's used to get them to work and back everyday.

i dunno about you, but I havent noticed anyone at my job bragging about how manual transmission get them to work any quicker then the people with automatic transmissions rofl

the ONLY draw-back to owning an automatic is the fact that we have to put up with ignorant people who say that their 180hp manual IS FASTER then our 180hp automatic thumbsdown

[ 10-24-2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Steven ]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
whats the fun of flying by someone and having them say, "what was that"... when you can drive past someone and have them say "damn thats a nice car! i want that!!!"

i guess this is why im MORE 'show' and could care less about 'go'

-proud gt automatic owner wink

[Linked Image]

actually 180hp stick is faster than 180hp auto. because if you guys know anything about tranmissions, you would know that there is a constant slippage in the torque converter of the automatic transmission, which therefore, doesnt utilize all the hp of the engine, like the manual does. just facts.

*2003 Black GT-S 6speed* TRD body kit, HID upgrade, clear corners, Matrix XRS shift knob, 02 tails, trd exhaust, AEM gen 2 CAI, TWM short shifter.

s'all good (auto or manual) maybe some people want speed others just wanna relax and enjoy the ride, bottom line is - we love driving with our celi... thumbsup I have a '01-gts(manu-matic) and i love it grin grin grin

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
add a greddy evo exhaust, they sell them cheap at ebay.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well I love my GT Auto as well!

If you wanna race, I got a nice supercharged SLK in my garage waiting for ya..

Thats all I gotta say about that!