Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#5630 Feb 6, 3:13pm
Just thought ide let you know that you probably have one of the most highly modified celicas on this board until next friday when i post pics of my yellow 01 gt itll be veilside pretty much everything (kit, exhaust, wing) dodge viper yellow and turbo charged by a turbo-performance kit. If you wanna see some before pictures when it was just yellow with a carbon fiber hood and blitz fb and ss you can look at my girlfriends ugly homepage on aol under screenname (dayelica)
Pleasant dreams Mike...
P.S. ill post pics friday night or sat morning

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
You got the turbo-performance kit??? SHOW ME PICS PLEASE grin

turbo-performance? good luck rofl

//2k3 zephBlue celica

Good luck with the turbo-performance kit, I have heard a lot of things about it...all bad. Hopefully you have better luck.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yep good luck with turbo-performance kit, and I sincerely hope it works out for ya but most people who have experience with them do not.
But still I do not have normal turbo I also have full fuel system setup (Supra TT fuel pump + Fuel Pressure Regulator + return fuel line + modified Fuel rail + Blitz Fuel Injectors) my intercooler alone is over a grand (Apex Front Mounted Intercooler) Ontop of that I have Blitz SBC i-D boost controller, Autometer Oil Pressure gauge + Autometer EGT gauge + Split Second Air/Fuel meter + Split Second FTC1-E Engine management unit.
Then I got the Kaaz 2 way clutch type Limited Slip Differential + ACT Clutch + Hotchikis front strut brace with camber plate + Hotchikis Camber Links in the back + Hotchikis springs + JDM TRD Anti Sway Bars + 3 point rear strut brace + Cusco front under arm bar + Tanabe rear under arm brace + bunch of other cosmetic mods like HID low beam and HID foglights (custom converted) ofcourse you see a lot of cosmetic mods as well...
I am just too lazy to list all these mods smile
Sorry for all this edits I keep on remembering more critical mods I did not list.

[ 02-06-2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

#5635 Feb 6, 9:31pm
2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Lol, daaaaamn, and Mike just keeps whippin' it out. You must be rollin' in the cash cause that stuff costs a pretty penny. Wish I had that much to spend.

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hahaha thats why I said in another thread I spent over $40,000 (including the car).
Would have been more if I did not get some money back by selling my stock rims and my old 17" rims.
I do not go cheap on anything, well... except for my rims which is not that expensive but everything else is high quality $hit and thats no lie smile
Well whoever is in So Cal and see me at a meet, I am giving out rides in my car smile Wierd thing is even when I invite people for a ride on a forum day before the meet, they do not ask me for a ride at the meets. Only 2 person has driven my car and only 4 people had a ride in my car confused

#5637 Feb 6, 10:15pm
If I lived out there, I would love to ride in that beast.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I now have a big delima... All I got left is seats, stereo, breaks, and shocks... I am running out of mods frown
rofl rofl rofl

#5639 Feb 6, 10:28pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
YEA MAN TAKE ME, let me feel the diffrence from my GT Auto. lol i never asked becasue i aways though you would be to busy.

#5640 Feb 6, 10:28pm
oooh yea, mike's car is quick...hey when you gonna lemme drive it again mike? this time it's tuned so mebbe i can push it a bit harder? hahaha

That's quite an impressive list so mods. I wouldn't mind taking a ride in that car, too bad I live in eastern Canada.

You seem to have a pretty good knowledge of the celica engine and turbos in general.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any quarter mile times ?

#5643 Feb 6, 11:46pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by StrikerGT:
yo mike lu if ya dont have brakes then you should get some aem's. damn i mean, you need to slow that thing down. i got a question for ya what do you think my celica gt will make for HP with injen short ram, hotshot header, highflow cat, and trd cat-back?
Injen short ram you would see 3HP to the wheels, Hotshot header probably around 7HP, highflow cat (if you get the metal substrate honeycomb style cat) you get around 5HP, TRD catback depends on engine you would get around 6HP. Now all this is low estimate you may have one of those rare monster cars that comes out of factory more powerful than others out on the streets.
So total maybe 21HP to the wheels. which is about 20% power gain.

I may try and find a junked GTS get the rear disc break set (with all hoses and stuff that goes with emergency breaks) and have a buddy hook it onto my car first. later I may get Rotora big break (big caliper and cross drilled rotors) kit for all four. Not for sure yet I am just looking into it right now, nothing definate yet.

[ 02-06-2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Mike Lu ]

#5644 Feb 6, 11:48pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Eugic92:
oooh yea, mike's car is quick...hey when you gonna lemme drive it again mike? this time it's tuned so mebbe i can push it a bit harder? hahaha
you can try it now, but rather have you wait until I get it dyno tuned. I may need to get a pipe redone, one from intercooler to the engine intake redone. Wonder how much it costs and how quickly they can do it.

#5645 Feb 6, 11:51pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by edge202:
That's quite an impressive list so mods. I wouldn't mind taking a ride in that car, too bad I live in eastern Canada.

You seem to have a pretty good knowledge of the celica engine and turbos in general.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any quarter mile times ?
Nope I do not, not yet. Trying to get everything done and dyno tuned then do the quarter mile. I am hoping low 13 sec maybe even break into 12 sec.

#5646 Feb 6, 11:54pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Sharp911:
YEA MAN TAKE ME, let me feel the diffrence from my GT Auto. lol i never asked becasue i aways though you would be to busy.
ask next time, I go to meets and people always say nice car but never ask me for a ride.
Today a guy crossing the street dressed in his rap-star gear point towards my car and yelled out that's the $hits! I almost busted out laughing because the guy is trying to be cool on his way to wait for a bus. hahaha

#5648 Feb 7, 12:11am
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I rode in beast with the mad man himself. Remind me to sue you for the wipelash. spineyes

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by StrikerGT:
hey do you think i could hang with a stock gts with these mods. seeing as how i achieve max tourque at 4.6k and max hp at 6.4k confused

PS 3hp with intake, when i put it on, it felt like more than that.
Well thats a low estimate, its possible you have abit more. 3HP is a low estimate it may be as high as 5HP to the wheels, and to figure that to the crank it would be around 8+HP. Now if you are a really good driver and have a good take off you can hang with GTS but if that GTS hits lift I am sorry but he will lose ya. GTS is as extreme as you can get in U.S. for celica (says U.S. because our Octane availability sucks), you can not really fine tune it anymore if you do your gained power is not much.
You can hang if you practice your launch, you can hang alittle but once go pass 100mph they are gone.

#5650 Feb 7, 11:53am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by tony:
I rode in beast with the mad man himself. Remind me to sue you for the wipelash. spineyes
hahaha we almost got pulled over because we pass a cop at full throttle smile
That reminds me you never paid me for the ride so you can't sue me grin

#5651 Feb 8, 1:23am
I can tell you a few things that you can get (whether they are out yet or not):

-lightweight window replacements (rear and sides)
- lightwieght rims
- 2.0 liter conversion kit by trial
- sparco motorcycle style gas cap
- upgrade to the veilside or trial exhaust
- some jdm m-style headlights (hey, you got the dough)
- lastly, lambo door conversion

these are all just ideas which, in my honest opinion, will make your car look nicer and lighter. I hope that helps.

IT'S PLAIN UGGGGGLLLYYY THE WAY YOU JUST KILL V8HUNTER WHEN POINTING OUT ALL YOUR MODS MIKE LU. DAMNNNNN BE A LIL COURTEOUS MIKE rofl . WELL V8HUNTER, YOUR GT WILL BE WAYYY OFF THE CHART SOMEWHERE, WAYYY BETTER THAN MY GTS FOR SURE. YOU PPLS HAVE TOO MUCH SPARE MONEY TO SPENT. BTW MIKE LU, IF I INVESTED 40k IN MY CELI, I WOULD RATHER BUY A BEAMER OR VETT thumbsup

Life is like a dream...Hopefully when you wake up it isn't like mine.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by Ti Chuot:
IT'S PLAIN UGGGGGLLLYYY THE WAY YOU JUST KILL V8HUNTER WHEN POINTING OUT ALL YOUR MODS MIKE LU. DAMNNNNN BE A LIL COURTEOUS MIKE rofl . WELL V8HUNTER, YOUR GT WILL BE WAYYY OFF THE CHART SOMEWHERE, WAYYY BETTER THAN MY GTS FOR SURE. YOU PPLS HAVE TOO MUCH SPARE MONEY TO SPENT. BTW MIKE LU, IF I INVESTED 40k IN MY CELI, I WOULD RATHER BUY A BEAMER OR VETT thumbsup
I know but I did not plan or even thought I would spend this much on my celica. If I knew I would throw more money in and get a Viper or something like that. A low mile hardly used Viper is only around $40,000.
Did not ment to slam him down, just want to suggest what else to modify after the turbo to compete with me afterall he named me smile . Most people think I only have cosmetic mods you see in the sig and a turbo, all this other mod is things you can not really see unless you look for them.
Thats why I listed some of the mods I can think of right now...

#5654 Feb 7, 2:18pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by newc0ncept:
I can tell you a few things that you can get (whether they are out yet or not):

-lightweight window replacements (rear and sides)
- lightwieght rims
- 2.0 liter conversion kit by trial
- sparco motorcycle style gas cap
- upgrade to the veilside or trial exhaust
- some jdm m-style headlights (hey, you got the dough)
- lastly, lambo door conversion

these are all just ideas which, in my honest opinion, will make your car look nicer and lighter. I hope that helps.
I thought about getting Volks rims, but did not do it because not sure if its worth $2G~$3G to shave couple of milliseconds.
Can not do the Trial conversion because they put high compression pistons in there, my turbo would shoot that piston right out.
Windows... not sure if I want that loud sound coming into the car, besides you can not tint those windows black because they are not glass that would break up the look I am going for.
hmmmm gas cap... naaaa...
m-style headlights... actually thought about it but $3.5G its not worth it, and it starting to look like spider eyes to me now not sure if I like it anymore.
lambo door conversion? Thats an idea but no one makes a kit and I am sick of doing custom work now, they always need the car like 2+ weeks.

#5655 Feb 7, 2:39pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
v8Hunter I truely did not mean to slam you down if it read like I am I am truely sorry.
I do hope turbo-performance kit works out for ya, hope you will be as fast as me soon smile

#5656 Feb 7, 9:42pm
hehe...i think you hurt his feelings mike...hey v8hunter come on back...no hard feelings here...

btw mike, i will wait till ur car is tuned again...haha..i wanna REALLY feel the difference!

erm. i wanna see piks already.

i would not buy the viper because that gt rocks
a celica beating a viper sounds much better

Carbon Blue Celica Gt-s
also a nice scratch on passenger's side
need turbo...
rock on kurt...

rofl v8hunter posted 1, and it seem like this has turned into Mike Lu post grin .

Life is like a dream...Hopefully when you wake up it isn't like mine.