Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
1st thing real easy...

I want to buy the ground wire kit but I have a couple of things I would like to know: 1) I saw the line drawing in the INSTALLS section and counted 7 points of contact or so it appears, yet I see only five points listed and five wires...Could I get 2 extra pieces to complete the 7 if applicapble. 2) And how much will it set me back, with or without the 2 extra pieces? Thanks in advance to SIR Isaac and anyone else who should you reply before I get back online.

2nd Thing...not so easy...

I got in my car the last 3 mornings and pressed the clutch pedal down and heard creaking squeak coming what I thought was the pedal, well I get under the dash to check out pedal to see if its the culprit and nope. So I open the hood and have a friend press the pedal and I hear the noise even louder...its coming from inside the tranmission housing where the clutch master cylinder forces a linkage to enter the tranmission via a rubber boot. Each morning it was humid and cool, and the noise was gone after driving for a while, and did not return unitl the following morning. My ccar is due for a 40,000mi SVC in 1 week and the clutch sticks well no performance loss..just a scary sound. I would go to the dealer service center, but its Sunday, and I would like heads up from anyone out there so I can have general idea what they might say it is.

I did a ecelica seearch and goolge search but nothing fitting the description I've listed, for either the 1st or 2nd thing...Thanks to all again!!
___Don

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Ummm...

1. You don't need the extra 2 wires you talk about. Maybe if you could post a picture of the diagram, we can answer it for you.

2. That rubber boot thing is your slave cylinder. Go ahead and give it a lube with some WD40. Have a friend work the clutch and the gears while you spray. thumbsup

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
Ummm...

1. You don't need the extra 2 wires you talk about. Maybe if you could post a picture of the diagram, we can answer it for you.

2. That rubber boot thing is your slave cylinder. Go ahead and give it a lube with some WD40. Have a friend work the clutch and the gears while you spray. thumbsup

I circled the 7 points in white, the 2 points I am talking about start from the (-) terminal to the bulkhead (1), then from the bulkhead the the body earth on the left strut tower(2). I read over the schematic and they aren't necessary but I am thinking why not go all out. I would like to know if they can be added, for a reasonalbe price that is grin

And I lubed the linkage going to that boot but no luck...still creaking until she gets warm. So I'll have the dealer check it out.

Thanks!
235831-gnd_edit.jpg

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Are you low on clutch fluid?

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Good idea Dan, I don't recall seeing a seperate reservoir for the clutch fluid, does it run on the same hydrualic system as the brakes? I will check around before I leave my campus today...Thanks!!

[Linked Image]