Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#60071 Nov 13, 12:16pm
There's some guy on ebay trying to sell a JDM Topspeed exhasut for the celica. I looked it up but couldnt find any info on it. Anybody know if it is genuine JDM? He's only selling it for like $400...

Last edited by petethao42; Nov 13, 2003 12:16pm.

sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
sappy
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Ive heard of JDM..never TOPspeed though. Hit google up and see what you cna find. Let us know what the outcome is!!! spineyes spineyes thumbsup

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yes, Topspeed is a performance brand name is Japan, i see it all the time on Jap magazines...

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i purchased one yesterday.i am going to give it a test run when i get it. it caught my attn.'cause of the straight pipe design. reminds me of evo2 exhaust but with the center muffler replace with a straight pipe! should be awsome!

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!

Where did you buy it from and for how much? How is the noise level compared to other exhausts for the celica on the market? and lemme see some pics of it when you get it installed...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
its installed,and i cant seem to get any pics posted!the sound level with the silencer in, is louder than the trd at idle and a lot deeper(the trd sounds like a tin can in comparison at any rpm.thats with the silencer in.with the silencer out it gets loud!real "nice" loud! deep and heavy.not as loud as when the exhaust is bolted off but definatly deeper.sounds good with or without silencer.the dyno that i have access to has some"domestic issues" so a dyno is not in the near future. as for performance gains: great low end,good gains all around.i installed it on a 2001 with aem intake only.off idle i can now go floor board and spin the tires(stock) less down shifting,tires chirp in second almost always and places where i had to down shift into 2nd(on hills) i no longer have to.and lastly i have had two people say that it sounds like a bike at lift.(with the silencer out)i am going to do a comparrison butt dyno and "driver feel" with the trd exhaust next weekend.
i have convinced the owner of the car to switch exhaust with another celica that has the trd exhaust with an aem cai.since both of them are familiar with thier own cars exaust(they are same year about the same mileage with aem cai,the only differnece is the exhaust) the switch will be interested.for me personally the trd doesnt have the sound and definatly does not have the low and mid end, the top end however is hard to tell without a dyno,but i might give it to the topspeed cause of the fact that its straight piping where the trd(and most celica exhausts)have the muffler pan.ps:its also lighter than the trd about 21lbs.i have seen knock offs on ebay cheap,dont know if they are good replicas though.

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!