Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

1992 Eagle Talon
1992 Eagle Talon
Be some real men and don't close this thread. Back you opinions up with intelligence; don't just block me out or remove my post, let the celica owners stand up for themselves. To the guy that said put my car on 40 psi and see what happens. I am running 25psi and 390 whp with no problem. You get a $4000 turbo kit (more than the cost of my talon) for your celica and your 11.5:1 compression ratio and set it at 10psi and see how long it lasts. Yes, I have built up the internals in my car but who running boost above 20 pounds doesn't. And to the guy that says that the Prius was named car of the year. That wasn't due to performance, it was due to the fact that it gets like 90,000 mpg. I guarantee the Lancer EVO 8 will be higher than any Toyota next year, which shares the same powerplant as my car (4g63). To the guy that says he would rather have a WRX. I kill WRXs on a regular basis. As a matter of fact with my setup I have never lost to a wrx (including STi). Its all about the price to performance ratio. I have spent less on the cost of my car and all the aftermarket mods then you have spent on just the cost of your stock celica and I will kill you celicas in every aspect of racing. And to the guy that said that he drove a 2003 eclipse gts. Those eclipses are crap and they are not even DSMs. I'm not hear to bash celicas. I here to give my opinion on a good alternative to spending lots of money on a car that has little performance potential. My friend has a celica gts and they are some of the nicest looking and handling sport compact out there, but with my slight suspension mods I kill him everytime in the twisties, and make him look absolutely silly on the strip. I you go for looks (the rice boy mentality) then the celica is a great car, but if you want a true performance 4- cylinder then a DSM is your best bet. If you want to roast civics the a celica is you car but Ill choose to keep vettes and cobra stangs in my crosshairs. thumbsup

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Please only use one account - your original post with your first account...
https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/thread.f_249492_0_collapsed_5__1.html

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com