Print Thread
Rate Thread

#6529 Aug 12, 5:18pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What's goinzz onzz?

I am in the Air Force and just moved back to the states (April) and really want to get on the scene. I have a 2001 blk gt and am looking for some help. I would like to purchase the Blitz body kit however I want to get some power before I start making my car look good. This is the area i would like some help. I have been checking out this web site (along with others) and i am starting to become partial to this one. What i would like from some of the "veterans" is to give me some "ideas" I would like a good CAI but there are a couple to choose from, also my exahust sucks. I know that everyone wants there Celica to stand out, however i'm just looking for props from my boys on the base. They all drive RSX's and Eclipse...PLEASE. I know that my Celica could be much better but i need some help..

thanks

J

#6530 Aug 12, 6:01pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well I'm no veteran, but I know what would help you out big time. For cold air intake, I would recomment the Injen 3rd generation CAI. Exhaust TRD has got the highest HP gain and its one of the louder ones. Alot of people overlook how much you can get out of racing pullies, clutch, and flywheel. If you have 8-9 grand, talk to Mike Lu, he's got a turbo in his black GT, and man its awesome. Hope this helped man thumbsup . If you got any more questions feel free to ask

#6531 Aug 12, 6:16pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Injen 3rd gen Race Division Cold Air Intake will definately help (realistically 8HP gain) good TRD exhaust (turbo magazine tested) will get you about that much too. Now think about getting a set of Hotchikis Anti-Sway bar (corner faster) and Quaife Limited Slip Differential. All this would help you corner quicker and take race tracks faster than their car, and if you really want to be quick do not change your rims stock rims are good for races because they are light. Now if you have a lot of money to blow go with a turbo charger which is $3400 from www.turbo-performance.com [turbo-performance.com] it is a bolt on system your boys can help you out installing that I hear it is not too difficult.

#6532 Aug 12, 7:16pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
all i really gotta say about this one is, go to a shop that knows what their doing, i went to a shop that didnt and they f'd my intake up big time, waste of $250, fortunatly i needed a new one from a recent accident, so i got a new free, shiny injen intake, so ya, just be carful where you take ur car

#6533 Aug 13, 8:28pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
what car engine can i swap with my 02 celica gts...that would make it fast...i heard you could swap engines or sonmething, i could not find any freaking turbo kit for it anywhere. so i might try this. got any ideas??? thumbsup grin