Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#7064 Aug 13, 5:15pm
I'm new here but I've been crazy about cars for the last 10 years! I work at a Toyota dealership in Montreal as a salesman. It's sucks, in a way, to sell Celica's when you don't have one. I'm just waiting for a good deal to come up and then it's gona be MINE!!! Sorry for that. I was just wondering if the trd suspention kit is good. I know that the best kit is probably the Hotchkis kit, but since I work for Toyota I'm gona have a good deal. My car is gona be a daily driver with something in between 250 to 300 hp at the wheel. I'm not thinking of racing it but I love to have fun behind the wheel. I want a car that is well balance, good acceleration, good handling and good braking. Like a racecar for a close circuit.

Also I was wondering if I would be better with a turbo or a supercharger. I'm gona work mostly to gain power in the low to mid rpm range. Because there is the weak points of this car. I don't want the power only in the high rpm's. Do you think it's possible.

I thank averyone in advance for there comment on this and this web site is very very good!! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Celica GT-S 2003 Carbon Blue:
TRD Body Kit, TRD Wing, Blue Suede interior, Gun metal wheels, Panasonic stereo, 2 12''+1 amp Pheonix Gold, Debaged, Tinted windows

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks for the compliments on the site bro. Which car are you planning on getting, the GT or the GTS. GTS dont turbo very well and are better off with superchargers (that havent been released in the US yet). With a GT turbo you can have 225hp to the wheels if you have the money to get the turbo and all the components you need to get it to work. You should talk to Mikelu about this since he already has turboed his car. I think he spent around 8-9 grand on the turbo, and everything that was needed to make it work, including a blow off valve to make the cool sounds (i know thats not why its there but its cool anyways). About the TRD suspension, I havent had it so I wouldnt know, but its TRD and they wont put out a product unless its good. Hotchkis is famous for making some of the best suspension products for the celica. Whatever you go with it will be better than stock, and I personally would go with the TRD if i had a good hookup with em. If i had the money it would be hotchkis all the way thumbsup

#7066 Aug 13, 6:08pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Oh yea about getting more power in the low RPM range, the supercharger is better because it is always on. The turbo kicks in at higher RPMs.

#7067 Aug 13, 7:18pm
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If you are talking about TRD Sportivo kit, think about getting a JDM Sportivo kit. That sway bar is 1mm thinner than the Hotchikis one and the rear is about 5mm or something thinner. Turbo you would want to get a GT because of the compression ratio, if you want more boost on the low end get a Audi KKK turbo for the kit they start spooling at 1800rpm. If you want a prefabricated kit that just bolts on try www.turbo-performance.com [turbo-performance.com] they do sell bolt on kits.

#7068 Aug 14, 7:09am
I don't know yet wich one I want to get. The GT is good and cheaper than the GTS but it would need a brake conversion. A GTS has 6 speeds, 40 hp more and disc in the rear. I don't know yet, I guess it will depend on the deal that comes up. But I think I'm gona wait until I have a deal on a GTS and put a supercharger in it. Is the Blitz supercharger kit is coming out soon? If I go for a GTS it will be with this, that's for sure!!!

For the suspention, I'm gona go with the trd because the boss of the parts departement said that he will give it to me with the exhaust if I show the car to clients and if I go to car shows with it! So free stuff is always a good thing! This mean that I'm gona use my money for other stuff! grin

A Celica GTS with TRD suspension kit, TRD exhaust and body kit (front lip not the bumper cover), 17" wheels and a Quaife differencial. I think it would be nice! cool At least for a start! It's what I'm planing to do at first, after I will upgrade the braking system and after it's gona be the supercharger! I don't think that you can stop modifiing a car, so well see what's gona happend wink

[ 08-14-2002, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: CelicaZ ]

Celica GT-S 2003 Carbon Blue:
TRD Body Kit, TRD Wing, Blue Suede interior, Gun metal wheels, Panasonic stereo, 2 12''+1 amp Pheonix Gold, Debaged, Tinted windows