Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hey peepz, check out what I just added to my car...all custom work..no store bought kit this is made from scratch and i think it looks great. Gimme feedback please!! [Linked Image]

BTW, it's the green/aqua angel eyes!!

[ 10-26-2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Eugic92 ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
PHUKIN PHAT, I WOULD HOLLA @ YOU TO MAKE ME SOME ONE DAY- BTW, DID U USE FIBER OPTIC RINGS?

these are actually my prototype ones...my next design will use something like fiber optics..

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
good job bro!!! i personaly saw them. they look great. very original in my opinion. keep up the good work bro!!!

Hey, those are really nice. You did a great job and keep it up.

Those look phatty, BMW-like...how can i get those on my car..00gts...would i be able to get a different color????

THE FASTER THE BETTER

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
hot! thumbsup

really nice..good job! thumbsup

Yo you definately got the "Bling Bling" award this week!!! My guess is you bought the new APC angel eyes "series-7" fog lights and some how dissassembled the halo and cha ching it was the same size for your headlights. Please ya gotta let us in!!!!!!!!

sorry mike b...completely custom...i did think about doing what you thought i did...but that woulda been too expensive...also, i don't like apc stuff...hahaa

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
that is bad as hell! thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Dog gone it, I thought I figured it out. My buddy and I took a closer look and it appears that there is already a ring around the glass sphere so I would imagine you riged up an LED behind the ring and voila it naturely lights up the whole ring...Or you bought that neon wire loom shit and ran it behind the ring...So are ya gonna let us in or what? thumbsup

mikeb...you are sure curious aren't you. hehe. i didn't mean to hold information from you. i had no idea you were so curious as to how i made it. anyways, it IS the wire loom stuff. it comes in a length of 1.5m. it's like a wire, once you cut it, it doesn't work anymore so i had to rig it to work. took some amateur electronics work that took about 10 min and i figured it out. so those rings that you see on my car are actually about 8" long each. unfortunately the wire loom isn't designed to be cut apart...the wires inside are very very delicate and basically i used 3/4 of the wire to figure out how it works..haha...but i'm coming out w/ a new design that will work much better and i hope perhaps to market it...anyone interested?

grin grin RIGHT ON!!!! Well Im glad it worked out for you...And Im glad I figured it out wink Now my other question is did you have to take your lights off from the car and stick em in the oven to release the top lense? And also did you wrap the wire loom around only once, because if you did they seem pretty bright. Keep up the good work...

hey mikeb, of course i had to take off the bumper and the lamps to bake them and take them apart. the work is well worth it. the wire comes in 2 different thicknesses. one is really thin and wouldn't look good, so i bought the thicker one. personally, i wish it was thicker so that i could make it illuminate some more.

damnnn Eugic that's nice like Hell!!! much prob 2 you thumbsup if you ever market it (w/ lots of instruction) holluh @ me alright! (= i'm pretty much done for when it comes to electric wiring and removing stuffs grin .

Life is like a dream...Hopefully when you wake up it isn't like mine.

the dark elf
2000 Toyota Celica
the dark elf
2000 Toyota Celica
phat thumbsup

sponsors: ignited / nitrous express / rotora / extreme dimensions / twm / corbeau
gusto kong bumaet pero di ko magawa!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
is that street legal?

i doubt that it's legal. so they are off when i am driving.

Why wouldn't it be street legal?? If the BMWs roll with it why can't we. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by MikeB.:
Why wouldn't it be street legal?? If the BMWs roll with it why can't we. Keep up the good work.
man, you are pretty smart mikeb; BMW'S have xenon/HID'S

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
man, you are pretty smart mikeb; BMW'S have xenon/HID'S ,which are LEGAL, those are wired neon's that eugic92 has -i think- and its usually illegal for us in the good ol' USA,especially in cali, to have extra colored lights (l.e.d, neon) inside our headlamps...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
sorry about the double post.

NO IT's not street legal. The BMW ones are white. These are green/aqua or whatever the color. It would be legal if it were white. That's it.

Wow you people are pretty sensitive about this topic. Much props go out to all who live in Cali and Texas who have to put up with such strict D.O.T. nonsense. Its truely amazing how the whole import scene sopposedly started out there all while having to obey local codes and regulations ect. And to think you people voted for the very people who wrote those regs that restrict your creativity...OH wait a minute you probably didn't vote at all. Why dont you all try working with the Sports Car Club of America and/or other organizations to get your laws changed. Because you and I both know if a BMW or any car for that matter has HID, halo effects or anything else creative as long as it doesn't compramise safety it shouldn't be an issue. BUT Im sure we all will agree California's D.O.T. is more concerned with generating revanue by pulling you over for having different color bulbs and what not all while ignoreing the next guy who ran a stop light and a burnt out headlight. Holy smokes, woops my bad, I guess Im the sensitive one here...Im starting to sound like Josh Jacquot so Ill shut up now. Peace rice

[ 11-14-2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: MikeB. ]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Very nice but I have one question. Can the wire loom stand the heat from the headlight?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by banAna_ryCe:
NO IT's not street legal. The BMW ones are white. These are green/aqua or whatever the color. It would be legal if it were white. That's it.
I'm pretty sure.. white and yellow will work..
One of the cop told me.. any other color then white and yellow are illegal...
Since turning signals are usually yellow...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by NewConcept:
man, you are pretty smart mikeb; BMW'S have xenon/HID'S ,which are LEGAL, those are wired neon's that eugic92 has -i think- and its usually illegal for us in the good ol' USA,especially in cali, to have extra colored lights (l.e.d, neon) inside our headlamps...
HEY LISTEN UP GUYS. THE LIGHTS ON HIS LAMPS ARE TOTALLY ILLEGAL! ACCORDING TO SECTION 26100 OF THE CA VEHICLE CODE ANY AFTERMARKET LAMPS ARE ILLEGAL. IT STATES THAT ONLY WHITE AND ORANGE ARE TO BE FACING THE FRONT. AND RED AND WHITE TO THE BACK. (WHITE BEING THE REVERSE TAILLAMPS.) ANY NEON LAMPS ARE ILLEGAL AND ARE ONLY ALLOWED OFF ROAD OR WHILE PARKED IN A PARKING LOT. IF A 5 0 PULLS YOU OVER HE CAN TICKET YOU FOR THEM. THE USE OF THE BMW HEADLAMPS ARE BEING FOUGHT RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO STOP THE USE OF THEM BECAUSE THEY RUIN THE EYESIGHT DURING NIGHT. SO DONT GIVE THAT EXCUSE. BEING A COP, I KNOW THAT! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

HEY LISTEN UP GUYS. THE LIGHTS ON HIS LAMPS ARE TOTALLY ILLEGAL! ACCORDING TO SECTION 26100 OF THE CA VEHICLE CODE ANY AFTERMARKET LAMPS ARE ILLEGAL. IT STATES THAT ONLY WHITE AND ORANGE ARE TO BE FACING THE FRONT. AND RED AND WHITE TO THE BACK. (WHITE BEING THE REVERSE TAILLAMPS.) ANY NEON LAMPS ARE ILLEGAL AND ARE ONLY ALLOWED OFF ROAD OR WHILE PARKED IN A PARKING LOT. IF A 5 0 PULLS YOU OVER HE CAN TICKET YOU FOR THEM. THE USE OF THE BMW HEADLAMPS ARE BEING FOUGHT RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO STOP THE USE OF THEM BECAUSE THEY RUIN THE EYESIGHT DURING NIGHT. SO DONT GIVE THAT EXCUSE. BEING A COP, I KNOW THAT! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Thank you for that fine forensic analysis

Originally posted by <MoRePoWeR>:
Originally posted by NewConcept:

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Great Great Great...
I guess you did many trials.

Satoshi from JAPAN