Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

There has been a lot of posts asking for dyno numbers on the various new F/I kits that are available for the Celica. I would like to setup another Dyno Day/Celica meet at Le-Toy Motorsports in Bakersfield, CA. Meeting up in one shop is using one dyno will give us an even playing field for the kits to perform in. Same dyno equal results. I'm putting in Le-Toy Motorsports because it is within reach of everyone from Northern Cal to Southern Cal. Equal amount of drive time, plus being that its my old shop I can get really cheap prices for the use of the dyno.

I believe the Celica community needs to be able to decide on what kits to buy. If we have representative from each producing company and one of their vehicles there, everyone who attends will be able to talk directly with those who produce the kits and also see what the cars can do.

I propose February 7th and 8th. This will allow us plenty of time to get the day off and participate. Those two days are also the opening day of a local drag strip. Those who want to get 1/4 mile times out of their cars can do it there. Please post if you are interested in coming.

Le-Toy Motorsport
3901 Wible Rd.
Bakersfield, CA, 93309

Richard

Last edited by Andrick; Jan 10, 2004 8:25pm.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
thats a great idea, really. although i live nowhere near california (louisiana), the importance of dyno testing under the same dynonameter can't be overstated.

because there are a few standards of dynos on the market with some being less restictive testing and some being more restrictive (different dynonameters will measure whp slightly different)...having a standard dyno run would be great..equal playing field.

btw, what dynonameter will you be using?

I'm building the line up now. I already have most of the companies responding already and I'm hoping I get all of them to be at the dyno meet.

Richard

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
but have you (or they) decided on a dynonameter model yet? if so, which one? or will you be using several? (same thing..if so, which ones?)

Well the dyno at Le-Toy Motorsport is a DynoJet Dynomometer. It's a 2wd accelerometer type dyno.

Richard

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
dynojet is good thumbsup

it's one of the most common and widely used by both turbo magazine and import tuner magazine