Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
I have GT 5spd had a problem for a while dealer says they hear nothing and this is true by the time the car gets to them. My clutch squeaks when it is really wet or humid outside, but after the car is at normal operating temp there is NO squeak...there is no performance loss just a loud squeak when pushing the clutch in with the engine off or on. I posted a while back about this and thought I had fixed it, but since then weather in Houston is particularly moist now; the squeak has returned with a vengence. My question is this...from the pic below the rubber boot (circled in red) connects the clutch cylinder linakge into the tranny. The squeak is coming from inside the boot and inside the tranny (marked by yellow...but closer to the rubber boot under the brass shift linakge), Can I spray a White LI grease into this boot safely or should I use another type of lubricant? ...I dont think silcone is feasible since heat is a factor and I need durability. So if anyone can shed some light as to the cause of the squeek or answer my question about lbrincant and safety of, I'd appreciate it..THANKS smile I'd take it back in but every time they never hear it, even when I recorded the sound on my cell phone's recorder they said it was normal but I dont think it is. Once again thanks! Oh and my method for fixing the last time is not working (spraying the external clutch linkage outside of the rubber boot w/ White LI grease)
1869780927-ClutchLink2Tran.jpg

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
I sprayed white lithium grease into that boot becuase it has been squeaking whenever the engine was on with the clutch pedal depressed. I believe it was the throw out bearing.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Steven
I sprayed white lithium grease into that boot becuase it has been squeaking whenever the engine was on with the clutch pedal depressed. I believe it was the throw out bearing.

hmmmm...throw out bearing sounds bad...so yours didnt occur when the engine was off and you depressed the clutch? Looks like I should take it to another dealership or a good tranny shop. I'll see if the Li works 1st. Thanks! thumbsup

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Often times it would squeak while you press on the cluch with the motor off. Especially early in the morning when the engine is completely cold. I dont think it's something to concern yourself with.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Steven
Often times it would squeak while you press on the cluch with the motor off. Especially early in the morning when the engine is completely cold. I dont think it's something to concern yourself with.

Well I shoved the pipet of my Li spray can into the boot in 4 different places then sprayed the crap out of it...no more squeak, how long it lasts is another story but you're right no peformance loss so its nothing to be concerned with..Thanks smile

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Glad I could be of assistance