Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Sup y'all.. Today I got new PIAA bulbs and after I installed them, I noticed that my right headlight's horizontal aim is way off. I read online on how to adjust the vertical aiming but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it horizontally. Does anyone have any expertise in this area? Thank you in advance!

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
american spec celicas only have one nob--for vertical adjustment. you cannot adjust them horizontally, sorry thumbsdown

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Hmm.. so do i have to take it to the dealer to have them do it or is there a way that i can do it myself and save myself some money? And btw i've read that PDF file many times but it doesnt seem to tell me how to adjust horizontally.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by newbracer
Hmm.. so do i have to take it to the dealer to have them do it or is there a way that i can do it myself and save myself some money? And btw i've read that PDF file many times but it doesnt seem to tell me how to adjust horizontally.

take it to a dealer or check to see if you installed the lights correctly.

btw, it doesnt tell you how to adjust horizontally..because like i said earlier (assuming you have an american spec celica) you can only adjust them vertically.

Oh damn that sux.. how the hell did i missalign it in the first place confused

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by newbracer
Oh damn that sux.. how the hell did i missalign it in the first place confused

when you say 'way off'..is it really THAT obvious? try adjusting them vertically just to see if it helps any. if it really is off by a lot..i'd take it to a dealer thumbsup

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Toyota Celica Left-Hand-Drive Headlight Spec is...

Driver's side should be facing directly forward - best for seeing the road and NOT blinding oncoming traffic so horribly.

Passenger Side will be the same height and facing very slightly to the right - best for viewing signs and notifying pedestrians that you are headed towards them.

From G.E., is the recommended way to check headlight aim...

1. Put your car on a 35-40 foot stretch of flat or evenly sloped pavement such as a driveway facing a wall or garage door.

2. Shine your low beams on the door from 2 to 3 feet away and outline the bright spots on the door with a pencil or tape.

3. Back the car to about 25 feet from the door. The top of the low beams should shine no higher than the top of the marks on the door or lower than the center of the marked circle. If you have only two headlights, the high beams are automatically aimed when you aim the low beams.

For most accurate aiming take your vehicle to a professional. If, on the other hand, you're a "do-it-yourselfer", follow these instructions from G.E.:

Remove the outer trim for access to the adjustment screws. To raise the beam turn the top adjustment screw clockwise; counter clockwise to lower the beam. Turn the side adjustment screw clockwise to move the beam to the right and counterclockwise to move it to the left.

Bring each beam into its final position by turning the adjusting screws clockwise so the headlamp will be held against its tension springs when the operation is completed.

If your lights continue to be out of adjustment, consult a service technician.

[Linked Image]

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
wait, so there is a horizontal adjustment? :confused: or is that just a general rule?

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
thats from G.E.'s website... its General (ie; General Electric spineyes)

[Linked Image]

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by isaac
thats from G.E.'s website... its General (ie; General Electric spineyes)

lol, oh allright thumbsup

On the passenger headlight assembly, do i turn the adjustment screw clockwise (if i was looking straight on the screw from the car cabin) to raise the light beam? Which way do i turn it on the driver headlight assembly to raise the light beam?

I have not needed to adjust the head lights horizontally, but read from previous posts, the Gen 7 Celica has horizontal head light adjustment.

It's below the vertical knob, under a round plastic cap that has to be broken off for access.

If you find it just follow the procedure posted above for adjustment. Should be easy and cost a lot less than dealers or shops.

Both sides are the same, clockwise to raise and CCW to lower.