New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#8589 Aug 20, 12:23am
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This seems alittle high, what do you think.

West Wings Kit, with West Wings look alike TRD Spoiler(No brake light)

Total sent to my door...$1,676

709 kit, 425 paint
392 spoiler, 250 paint

I think this is a bit high for just a few simple pieces of urethane. Its not I would be getting whole front bumper, rear bumper like other kits.

Opinions? better prices? Better kits?

Let me know.

[ 08-19-2002, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: SynysterK ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
seems high to me too. You can get the WW kit on ebay for $535 shipped (buy it now), but then you would have to find a place to paint it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1851442617

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
is that cheaper one polyurethane? i know polyurethane would make it a bit more money.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
"You are bidding on a brand new Wings West body kit for the 2000-2002 TOYOTA CELICA. This body kit is brand new unpainted, unprepped, in urathian. The body kit comes in 4 pieces front air dam, sides skirts, and the rear skirt. Also inluding FREE SHIPPING in the cont. of U.S. ONLY. Shipping to Hawaii will be 40.00 extra please. please allow 1-4 weeks for delivery. WINNING BIDDER MUST CONTACT ME WITHIN 3 DAYS VIA EMAIL IF USING PAYPAL, MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHECK (no personal checks please). PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER THE AUCTION HAS ENDED OR WILL RESULT A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. IF USING "BUY IT NOW" PLEASE CHOOSE THE PAYMENT TYPE AND IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PAY~~~~"DON'T BID". "

Although the seller seems unable to spell the word... it does seem to be polyurethane. I imagine all west wings kits are

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The price on a kit varies. I wouldnt pay more than 600 dollars for a replica kit like blitz, buddy club, invader, etc. Then there are the add on kits that go on top of the stock bumper like the wings west and rod millen. Again I wouldnt pay more than 500 for the wings west, but the Rod millen cant be found for less than 1000 because rodmillen is expensive like that. Then there are the JDM kits such as the Trial and the Veilside. If you want JDM you better have a lot of $$$ because these kits run from 1400-1800 without the paint. Kaminari is a personal favorite and its 900 bux. So the price of the kit depends on what kit you want to get. Remeber, a lot of the times you get what you pay for, so dont get some cheapo kit off ebay because you may regret it. My 2 cents grin

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
[Linked Image]

Just so you know what you are getting when you buy the WingsWest kit...

This is what the Poly Urethane WingsWest kit looks like (in the back, you see it in grey, thats the Fiberglass version)

unlike MOST body kits out there, the wingswest kits are only ADD-ON parts... and not entire replacement pieces such as the guy on ebay is trying represent them as.

The guy on ebay says "The body kit comes in 4 pieces front air dam, sides skirts, and the rear skirt."... as you can see in the above photo, there isn't an air-dam.

for this kit to work correctly, you must attach it to your current factory (good condition) body.

I personally prefer the replacement parts because I know that if I hit something on the freeway or someone bumps into my car while parking, it only makes a mark on the replacement parts (bodykit)... when I go to re-sell my celica, I can place the stock components back to the car and it will look like new again smile

i hope this photo helps who ever is looking to buy the celica wingswest kit! (full WW Body Kit review comming soon!)

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Go here and ask for a price quote.

http://www.newwayautosports.com/

It'll be under $500 shipped to your door for just the 4 piece body kit unpainted. Add the wing and it'll be a little more expensive. Then all you gotta do is go out and get it painted!