Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
check out what i found on ebay. What do you guys think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1838768133

Orange, I've also seen that kit. I was gonna buy it right when they started selling them...auction went up to $60 bux!!! Good thing I didn't pay that much. I wanted to try it out see if it works, and if so start manufacturing them myself, since I'm an electrician anyways, shouldn't be hard to produce...If anyone gets it, post up any pros and cons about it!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well I will wait to see how it goes. I will be your first customer if you decide to make a bootleg kit grin

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I hope you guys are kidding. If not, I have some "take-my-money-now.com" stocks for sale. Just look at the guy's feedbacks:

footballmike77 (63) Jun-23-02 20:57:18 PDT Complaint : bought timing kit consisted of 4 pages of junk did not help me it was a scam FFF

jeepinjenni420 (21) Jun-20-02 14:22:45 PDT Complaint : Instructions only for Timing Kit, no parts? I could have found this for free

whitewolf_24 (18) Jun-19-02 14:36:08 PDT Complaint : Timing advance is crap! Just instructions and no parts, can be found on the web!

[Linked Image]
Really BAD reality TV is the reason I stopped watching MTV.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hehe, well i didnt want to buy til i saw it first grin It sounded fishy to begin with

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
hahaha... a few more Tony: rofl

nsiders (3) Jun-17-02 20:19:29 PDT (private) S
Complaint : $20.00 for a one step instruction.Didn't even include the resistor that's needed

nataliehajdu (12) Jun-15-02 10:45:45 PDT (private) S
Neutral : NOT A KIT! INSTRUCTIONS ONLY! DID NOT WORK!! NO MORE HP THAN BEFORE

eneill27 (16) Jun-12-02 19:55:56 PDT (private) S
Praise : fast shipping good communication, I paid too much for what the timing kit is tho

julioeperez (-1) Jun-12-02 16:14:22 PDT (private) S
Complaint : Information can be found in any web-page modification where PGT is use

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
[Linked Image from images.amazon.com]

I wana see B4 i buy... specialy with eBay thumbsdown

[Linked Image]

LOL!! rofl y don't we all chip in a buck and I'll figure out how to make it w/ the craptacular instructions they send me!! thumbsup

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
how ghey. all he sends is instructions? fraud alert.

02 Toyota Celica GT
02 Toyota Celica GT
why dont you just spend 20 bux on like 4 vinyl stickers... that should be about 20 hp... its a lil more expensive.. but at least your guaranteed the hp! hehe thumbsup

Team Shoganai...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
isnt it just timing advance?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
It's to modify your INTAKE TEMPERATURE SENSOR. But the problem is,I don't have any idea where it is on the new celica. It's suppose to bypass the sensor by jumping the connector with a resistor(type of resistor is also not specified) By doing this, the computer thinks that the air coming in the intake is cold. So the computer advances the timing and i think also adds more fuel. There might be a chance that the INTAKE TEMP. SENSOR is built in with the AIR FLOW SENSOR(?????) If any body knows what I'm talking about, email me at vvtlr@msn. There! now you guys know. I too feel like I got ripped off but if we can all work together and find out where this sensor is, we might be able to get this thing to work!

2000 GTS
BOMEX FRONT BUMPER
R2 SIDES (MOLDED-IN)
BUDDYCLUB BACK BUMPER
18" WHITE ADR GT SPORT

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I bought one of those kits too. The dork only sent me instructions on what to buy, thumbsdown but i figured it out, actually me and my buddy did. All you have to do is go to radio shack and tell the cashier your looking for resistors. They're extremely cheap. grin You can buy like 5 for a buck, those are the ones i bought. Anyway, the IAT sensor is located to the right of the hood latch and if you are standing above it, it plugs into the plugs in towards the front of the car. What you do is unplug it, take a resistor and bend it into a u-shape, and plug it into the IAT sensor. Then the other half you originally unplugged, just take a piece of zip tie and tie somewher so it doesn't get caught up somewhere, and thats it. I wasn't too sure about the whole thing, but you can actually feel the difference. My friend did it to his Tacoma, which has an intake and exhaust, he his car flys now compared to what it did before. thumbsup My celica is all stock, and that tiny little resistor gave it a little more sac than it had. Hope this helps guys, later. [Razz]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey tom, where exactly is the sensor, i went and looked but i couldnt find it, maybe its because i have a cai, but a little more direction and i think i should be able to find it, maybe some pics if you could get some online

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally posted by vvtlr:
It's to modify your INTAKE TEMPERATURE SENSOR.
the MSAF sensor? there are only so many sensors we could talk about...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
hey tom, there are different ohms resistors. you are suppose to use different settings for different application. For example, if you put a resistor that tells the computer that the temperature is warmer it will give you more torque not hp. how do you know you put the right type of resistor? I suggest you remove that for now untill we can find out what resistor it needs to manipulate the voltage going back to the ecu. And if you can share more details on where this sensor is, I should be able to get its tolerance in ohms from the dealer so we can do this right!

2000 GTS
BOMEX FRONT BUMPER
R2 SIDES (MOLDED-IN)
BUDDYCLUB BACK BUMPER
18" WHITE ADR GT SPORT

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
dont buy that SHIT! i've seen similar products on ebay...in fact I wouldn't reconmend buying any car parts except lights on ebay...i've had some close calls to paying for shit that was tricking me... be sure to email them and ask questions...

if your ecu thinks your air is cooler and it isnt, isnt that bad ...tricking your ecu to do something to the engine that is not actually there? im curious what the instructions say, ei: remove ecu and bang on head, replace... 20hp baby!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I agree with holografik. man be careful when you buy on ebay. So easy to get scammed. I had to learn the hard way frown

[ 08-18-2002, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Ag3ntOrangE ]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
hey, they're selling it in ebay again. This seller claims to be the original. They said that their mod kit comes with all the equipment needed for the modification. For those of you who bought this new version, share the info.

2000 GTS
BOMEX FRONT BUMPER
R2 SIDES (MOLDED-IN)
BUDDYCLUB BACK BUMPER
18" WHITE ADR GT SPORT

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally posted by vvtlr:
hey tom, there are different ohms resistors. you are suppose to use different settings for different application. For example, if you put a resistor that tells the computer that the temperature is warmer it will give you more torque not hp. how do you know you put the right type of resistor? I suggest you remove that for now untill we can find out what resistor it needs to manipulate the voltage going back to the ecu. And if you can share more details on where this sensor is, I should be able to get its tolerance in ohms from the dealer so we can do this right!
riight

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks guys, i took it out already. i don't have a digicamera so i can't take pics to show where the sensors at, but if a find a good pic online, maybe i can post it up. [Razz]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by Ag3ntOrangE:
I agree with holografik. man be careful when you buy on ebay. So easy to get scammed. I had to learn the hard way frown
last time I was down in SD, a friend showed me his "AEM" Intake that he got off eBay for $150... it looked much like a homemade intake system - there wasnt even a sensor on the pipe (the pipe even looked homemade).. and to top it all off, he had to cut 6" from the top of the pipe, because it was too long shocked

...ebay is great, inst it! rofl

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey guys., if you do this mod, you will actually see a gain, the problem is, it won't last. What it does, is it tricks the computer into thinking you are sucking in colder air then you really ae, so the car automatically advances the timing, problem is you have fuzzy logic, which is essentially artificial intelligence, within a week your car will figure out wht is happening, and will retard the timing back to usual, so don't waste your time,, and remember, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEAP HORSEPOWER!