New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i just went on to newcelica.org and i saw a dyno for a GT with injen intake plus trd exhaust and a GT with intake,exhaust, and aem pulley. the one without the pulley came in at 122 @ the wheels and the one with the pulley came at 128-129 @ the wheels. holy crap! how is this possible? it's just an alternator pulley?? does anyone have dynos of their car with these modas? because if this thing works my next mod is an AEM...i can live with the occasional dimming lights at idle.

Holy crap!!!!
If that's true that's even more reason for me to get that pulley!!!
I've heard sssssssssooooo many things about the thing, like it didn't give any horse, or that you would only get 1 or 2 hp out of it.
So I always stayed away from it.
Has anybody ever called AEM and actually seen what they say about it?
I'm reeeallll curious?!

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
1-2 HP AT THE WHEELS SOUNDS RIGHT THOUGH BUT 7HP AT THE WHEEL IS LIKE 10 HP TO THE ENGINE...NO WAY! BUT IF IT'S TRUE AND THAT THE PULLEY REACTS THAT WAY WITH AN INTAKE AND EXHAUST THEN I'M BUYING ONE ASAP!

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
hey, im getting my pulley installed on this saturday (march 8th) with my tanabe exhaust and I have a Injen shortram, I'll tell you how it feels with it on, even though most are going to be put on all at once, i'll still try to tell if there is a difference.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
1-2 HP AT THE WHEELS SOUNDS RIGHT THOUGH BUT 7HP AT THE WHEEL IS LIKE 10 HP TO THE ENGINE...NO WAY! BUT IF IT'S TRUE AND THAT THE PULLEY REACTS THAT WAY WITH AN INTAKE AND EXHAUST THEN I'M BUYING ONE ASAP!

SIGN ME UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Oh and is there anyway you can post the results?

1998 Dodge Avenger
1998 Dodge Avenger
one thing to watch out for. the reason why you get more hp from the pulleys is b/c it slows down the alternator, so when you're at idle ALL of your electronics and a/c are gonna go dim, and slow down a lot. so i'd say if your car has major electronics done to it, i,e, subs, amps, and all that other stuff to stay away from em. you'll also lose power steering (but who turns the wheel while just sitting still?)

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
dude, r you sure it slows things down? I don't know, cause all it is doing is reducing the acutal belt length to say, which would make things respond quicker. It wouldn't slow down anything because wouldn't it be traveling at the same speed with stock or the AEM underdrive pulley. Someone please correct me or him.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by Aggp18:
one thing to watch out for. the reason why you get more hp from the pulleys is b/c it slows down the alternator, so when you're at idle ALL of your electronics and a/c are gonna go dim, and slow down a lot. so i'd say if your car has major electronics done to it, i,e, subs, amps, and all that other stuff to stay away from em. you'll also lose power steering (but who turns the wheel while just sitting still?)
this only happens if you have the smaller battery that ships with celica taht dont have power windows or moon roof

I had the smaller battery and my Voltmeter would jump from 11 to 13.5 volts just shifting gears from 30 to 80 mph...

After upgrading to a Sears Diehard Gold Series... my battery stays at a constant 14 volts - even after setting my cars 500 watt sound system blasting my 2 10w3 JL subs for 2 hours straight shocked

Basically - your end results depend on which battery you have installed... since the alternator and the battery are somewhat married to each other

[ 03-03-2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Hmmmmm, 7hp at the wheels, sounds unreal. How can an alt. pulley add so much. It is really doing a whole lot. Maybe with all other pulleys you would get a nice gain. I am just talking, so don't take me serious. I guess I'll believe if I see it. Also not from only one dyno, I would like several opinions. But if its true, I'm in! Peaceout.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ok, so if i have a "stronger battery" then the pulley would not affect the a/c, stereo, and power steering (plus my windows and stuff?). because i do have power door and windows btu i think if i do get the pulley i'll get the battey isaac suggested just in case i get shorthanded. but yeah 7hp to the wheels is definately unreal and i have been trying to find other dynos with the same mods and no such luck. all my racer/ricer friends say it's not worth the money but even if it gives 3-4hp at the wheel i'm in! and since they sell it here ay ecelica.com for only $70 why shouldn't i?

70 a piece, and ur going to need 2. my friend owns a shop and he had said he can get me some racing pulleys that he said i would be able to almost feel the difference?! might be something check around for

GT300 body kit on, getting fitted, doing install myself.
pics comin as soon as my kit is here and painted...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
First is both number from same car? If not this 7HP is not a good number because car to car HP varies.
Second is time of day the same? temperature same? humidity the same? at the same shop? dyno at same engine temperature?
Because you can use all this to create something out of nothing, dyno a warmed up car in cold morning will get you more HP than dyno in hot summer afternoon on a hot engine.
This is just something to consider...

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
AEM ONLY SELLS ONE??? SO IT'S 70 EACH? DAMN. I THOUGHT 70 FOR A SET...HE,HE. WOW, I KINDA FELT IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. BUT LIKE MIKE LU SAID THERE ARE A LOT OF FACTORS I'M NOT CONSIDERING (I.E. TEMP., WHERE IT WAS DYNOED, ETC.) . BUT I AM POSITIVE THAT IT WAS DONE WITH THE SAME CAR. YOU GUYS CAN CHECK IT OUT AT NEWCELICA.ORG UNDER DYNOS...ALLLL THE WAY IN THE BOTTOM. IT'S A GOOD SECTION AND I THINK THIS SITE SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO IT.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRIAGHT. IT'S ACTUALLY 140 BUCKS PLUS I'M LOOKING AT 80 TO INSTALL THIS LIGHT DIMMING MOD?? JUST NEED A GOOD BATTERY RIGHT? KINDA SUCKS IF POWER STEERING WAS FLAKING OUT ON ME. confused

2003 Subaru WRX
2003 Subaru WRX
i got the aem altornator pulley and i felt the diffrence right away my car had quicker response. but after that i bought the crank pulley which was better but and added more hp but cost mor i took the alt off because you cant have them both on at the same time. so if anyone is lookin to buy a aem bearly used email me at dougiefresh2114@aol.com

so you can't have both eh? so i should get the crank pulley if i get one at all. where did you get urs at might i ask celicafresh.

GT300 body kit on, getting fitted, doing install myself.
pics comin as soon as my kit is here and painted...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Can somebody read all this, form a conclusion out of it, and post it. Cause I just read it and confused the hell out'a myself.

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
i'll try...
The AEM underdrive pulley will probably add 1-4 hp, not really sure and will increase throttle respone. However if you have a GT celica with no power features (locks, windows), the AEM pulley will decrease the flow of electric to the lights, gauges, etc. because it is shipped with a smaller type of battery that isn't powerful enough. So to fix that, you just need a larger powered battery to support the electric with the AEM pulley. It is fine on a GT or GTS with power windows, locks. That's about it.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
JEREMY SAID I NEEDED 2 PULLEYS. SO DOES THAT MEAN I GET 2 FOR 70 BUCKS HERE AT ECELICA? I CALLED AEM AND THEY SAID I ONLY NEEDED ONE. I'M CONFUSED...HOW MANY DO I NEED? PLEASE HELP

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by ct:
JEREMY SAID I NEEDED 2 PULLEYS. SO DOES THAT MEAN I GET 2 FOR 70 BUCKS HERE AT ECELICA? I CALLED AEM AND THEY SAID I ONLY NEEDED ONE. I'M CONFUSED...HOW MANY DO I NEED? PLEASE HELP
I do recall AEM Pulley does come with 2 pulleys.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
[Linked Image from toyotaworld.com]

Most AEM Tru-Power- Pulley Kits are two-pulley systems. However, for vehicles with a pressed-on power steering pump pulley, AEM manufactures a single pulley system. Celica is a single pulley system.

Please follow these links to do some research...

AEMs Tru-Power Pulley Website...
http://www.aempower.com/pulley.htm

AEM only makes an alternator pulley, no crank pulley...
http://www.ecelica.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000772

AEM Pulley installation...
http://www.ecelica.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000016

[ 03-06-2003, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

correct the aem pully is just one pully you might see a 1-2 hp gain with this, if your really interested in a pully set go with unorthadox SS pulley kit, it has 3 pullies and a good 6-8 hp gain.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I HEARD CRANK PULLEY ARE BAD FOR THE ENGINE

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I HEARD CRANK PULLEY ARE BAD FOR THE ENGINE