Celica Hobby
Posted By: robare99 Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 6:52pm
I'd hit it!

Attached picture 1870248942-tc.JPG
Posted By: Kim Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 6:55pm
it does look good, too bad Scion bumped out the Celica and MR2
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
isnt that how they all look? confused. too big of a car for me.
Posted By: AZZKIKR Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 7:05pm
its ok...I prefer wilder or sharper lines on a car though...
Posted By: JBing Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 7:11pm
Are those white walls crazy
looks like a family car converted into a 2 door... grin
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 7:34pm
awesome car thumbsup
Yeah man looks like white walls on that car! haha my dad had white walls on his 84 cougar! rofl
Posted By: isaac Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 7:41pm
sorry, not a fan...

I cannot see how this SEDAN replaced a 2-DOOR rear-engine based 2-SEATER (MR2) and a sporty 2-DOOR hatchback with excellent suspension (CELICA) - In my opinion, the "SCION tC" doesn't look sporty at all.

It still cracks me up when I hear people say that this tC replaced the Celica rofl

I prefer the Low Center of Gravity of a sports car because it corners, brakes and just plane handles better than anything with a higher center of gravity thumbsup

Less body-roll is a good thing once you've graduated from driving straight lines.
all the sudden, them 17" rims looks kinda small...
Posted By: AZZKIKR Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 8:11pm
I'm with isaac on this one
yup. what isaac said. its nice in its own little way, but it in no way shape or form comes close to even being in the same neighborhood as the celi grin
Kinda reminds me of a Honda Accord... *sigh* Sometimes I'd just like to take one of those Toyota execs. and shake'em! What the hell are they thinking??? Good news though, the dealers say they're hearing news about reintroducing the Supra.
Yes, lets just say the Celli retired...It's waiting for it's hall of fame induction.
Posted By: ikin Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 10:31pm
nothing can replace the mr-2 or mr-s and the celica but dayum that tc looks good especially with white wall tires thumbsup but it will never handle as well as the celica, just by looking at it you can tell teh springs are too soft thumbsdown
Posted By: combatc87 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 10:40pm
Originally Posted by AZZKIKR
its ok...I prefer wilder or sharper lines on a car though...

yeah, it's too flat sided for my taste, but with some nice skirts, hmm...
Posted By: CaLiGTS Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 24, 2004 11:06pm
Its a very nice car... for the family man.
yup toyota is leaving the sports compact and entering to all show no go catalog. but still its a new car i wonder how much power you can squeeze out of that thing?
only that white scion tC, can run those white walls, its also got "eye lids" on the head lights

other then that its pretty much stock, even those rims look like the stock 17"s

yes they arent the best fast cars, but ride it just like a camry, kinda squeeshy, but smooth... much smoother then the celica, sway is horible compared to the celica... with little modification though it is a very good drivers car...
i like them...but i love my celica more
SICK!!!

i like it. thumbsup

some ppl dont like the Celica either.
Posted By: CroCeli Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 25, 2004 4:38am
does anybody know more info about the rebirth of the supra?
I don't actually enjoy the way tc's look. But I do appreciate how they look more "sleeper" than the celica.
The shape of the car almost looks like it's a sedan and gives it a more luxury then sporty feel when I look at it. Still can't believe their isn't a sportier looking Toyota that's not a family car. I'd get it for the price since they do look sweet fixed up. Just gets some taking used to I guess. thumbsupthumbsup
Posted By: MptGlw69 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 25, 2004 5:27am
Originally Posted by VSGTS14
awesome car thumbsup

thumbsup thumbsup
If the TC was positioned as just another car and not as the celica's replacement I wouldn't have a problem with it. The TC is ok, but it's not as sexy as the Celica.
Posted By: QTRMLR_1 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 25, 2004 8:37am
I'd hit it since I like a little bigger women. It looks like a Celica that needs to go on a diet.
Crap thumbsdown
Posted By: csheriff Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 25, 2004 2:16pm
That one looks real classy, but I guess thats not what we're going for.
Crap is one of the nicer words to use, I was thinking piece of shit.. That for the celi and the mr2?? what is toyota thinking. BRING BACK THE CELI TurboCHARGED !! grin
i like em thumbsup
Posted By: Duy Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 6:29am
they remind me of the g35. im really feeling it. you can make it look really clean with some nice 18s, drop, and a clean lip kit. i'd trade my celi in for it.
they are soooooo freaking nice!
It is going to get a supercharger from TRD. But i am not feeling those white wall tires.
And the celica is still going be sold in Japan, just not in the States frown cry angry confused cry
Posted By: robare99 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 2:33pm
I just think it looks really clean. It would be a nice car for when I get a bit older and don't need the extreme styling of the celi, plus factory s/c wouldn't be bad. It wouldn't be a replacement for the celi IMO but a nice clean step to the side.
Posted By: Clos Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 2:34pm
its okay but i still love the celica better
Posted By: slidr Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 3:41pm
It's a little BMW wannabe.
are those white walls?
Posted By: MicaCeli Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 5:49pm
Originally Posted by isaac
sorry, not a fan...

I cannot see how this SEDAN replaced a 2-DOOR rear-engine based 2-SEATER (MR2) and a sporty 2-DOOR hatchback with excellent suspension (CELICA) - In my opinion, the "SCION tC" doesn't look sporty at all.

It still cracks me up when I hear people say that this tC replaced the Celica rofl

I prefer the Low Center of Gravity of a sports car because it corners, brakes and just plane handles better than anything with a higher center of gravity thumbsup

Less body-roll is a good thing once you've graduated from driving straight lines.

Uhmmm the Tc has the same EXACT suspension as the Celica. It is heavier. The center of gravity on both cars is about the same when they are stock height(I know I have both). Only big difference in handling between the 2 cars is that the Tc is so much heavier...thus resulting in it being not as 'tossable' in the corners.
Posted By: isaac Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 6:06pm
doesn't the weight and aerodynamics factor play a big part in this as well rolleyes

I don't claim to be an expert on the two cars - I'm just pointing of observations happywink

Like it or not, but I would be more likely to spend some good money on a G35 before buying the tC.
Posted By: slidr Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 6:18pm
doesn't the weight and aerodynamics factor play a big part in this as well rolleyes

I don't claim to be an expert on the two cars - I'm just pointing of observations happywink

Like it or not, but I would be more likely to spend some good money on a G35 before buying the tC.
Yeah, but the main reason that this car appeals to the douche bags of America is the fact that it is very affordable. You get a lot of bang for buck, but none of that bang is Performance mind you. rofl
Posted By: ct Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 6:21pm
my finace just got one last saturday. the tc is nice for what it is. but a celica replacement it is not. yes the tc has the same suspension parts...but the handling comparision is not even funny. there was so much body roll on the tc i really felt uncomofrtable. they are two different cars...end of discussion.

and i agree with isaac...i would rather put $ on a G35...or Z grin
Posted By: ct Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 6:26pm
Originally Posted by slidr
You get a lot of bang for buck, but none of that bang is Performance mind you. rofl

you sure about that? their blower comes out in november and it is rated around 200hp...with 200lbs. of tq. that 9:6:1 compression is begging to be boosted and the tc's power curve is even and smooth and not peaky like a gts. plus i hear they wil try to get their CARB approved s/c at or below 3K. that's 19K for a tc with 200hp that will give a 23K gts a good run...
Posted By: MicaCeli Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 7:52pm

Aerodynamics are not really a big part of it. Like I said the weight does play a part and the Tc is not as 'nimble' as a 7th gen Celica but will run circles around the 6th gen.

Tc = 16,500
G35 = 36,000

I would like a G35 also but for the money the Tc is a great car.
i like the eyelids, but not the whitewall tires.
Posted By: isaac Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 11:02pm
yeah... I guess aerodynamics play no part in how well a car performs rolleyes

thanks for educating me rofl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 27, 2004 11:40pm
it looks ok. but if you like it thumbsup
Posted By: MicaCeli Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 28, 2004 1:31pm

Performs at HIGH speeds yes. We were talking about handling not overall Performance.
Posted By: Sancho Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 28, 2004 3:31pm
Originally Posted by CaLiGTS
Its a very nice car... for the family man.

Or for the kid who wants a fast looking car, but doesn't want to be stuck with Moms Accord. laughsilly
Posted By: isaac Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 28, 2004 4:23pm
Originally Posted by MicaCeli

Performs at HIGH speeds yes. We were talking about handling not overall Performance.

We are? I thought the title of this thread was about appearance... Why don't you stop attacking me with your scion-complex - I've already stated that **I do not like the tC** wave
NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO ME WILL SWAY THE WAY I WILL SPEND MY MONEY wink
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 28, 2004 4:45pm
isaac esti en el fuego!!

the tC drives very nice, if i had the chance of taking one, i would...supercharged
there will be a lot of parts for it, if i wasn't a speed demon, i would like to have one other than a celica.
it's starting to grow on me though, it's a really neat car and handles VERYYYYYYYY well and drives like a lexus and also like a G35 (i know) grin thumbsup
Posted By: robare99 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 29, 2004 2:01am
If you're looking for speed, I heard a 340HP 300 can outrun a 350Z. grin
Posted By: grcelica Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 29, 2004 2:37am
It baffles me that anyone likes this ugly, frumpy, grocery getter. Even IF you tune it out to be fast, its still ugly. May as well buy a SRT-4 that is ugly but at least has serious Performance, not chintzy overpriced mainstream psuedo-performance mods, with the possible exception of the SC which still isn't a pimple on a real Performance cars ass. My .02
Posted By: RetroJ84 Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 29, 2004 3:37am
rolleyes fustration
Posted By: hefner Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 29, 2004 4:16pm
hey guys, yes the tc is very nice lookin but im around it every other day that i do work. since i work for toyota, i have been able to test drive it, and dam its fun to drive and nice too..
Forget the tc!...I've been keeping my eye on this baby for a while now, and doing research on it!... thumbsup...so far so good!... grin

Attached picture 1870256885-674643a2003f9111__mid.jpg
Posted By: Style Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 30, 2004 12:37am
Not my style
Posted By: grcelica Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 30, 2004 1:53am
meh...mine neither.
Posted By: ct Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Sep 30, 2004 6:34pm
correction...TC supercharger at 2600+

http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=78

and it's for real...
i have a friend that got a TC... uhmm... they aiight... but i would not buy one... heres a pic of it

Attached picture 1870259394-MinChol's TC.jpg
I liked the tc when I first saw the commercial, and unfortunatly it bumped 2 awesome cars. cry But I drove in one and its really nice, but not celica nice kinda like middle aged crisis nice.
Posted By: tido Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Oct 6, 2004 1:49am
one of my boys back in texas got one. they are real nice inside man. except for the tiny gauges and the square shift box, its an all around sweet car. if you guys seen the body kits that there puttin out they are sweet...i would've got one but they were all out of the tc's which lead me to the gts.
Posted By: tido Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Oct 6, 2004 1:50am
to tell you that truth i bet it'll be a good contender once trd and other companies puts out more parts for it!
feels slugish to me. i drove one. it drove horrible. it handles like a corrola. w/ stylish looks that it has u'd expect it to be a hugger but it feels jacked up. but after drivin the celica w/ eibach springs n tokico hp struts i guesss that it's a given for it not 2 handle the same.
Posted By: vsblue Re: Say what you will, but man this TC is HOT! - Oct 6, 2004 3:55pm
the back looks from this angle kinda like an audi a6!
© Celica Hobby