Celica Hobby
Posted By: injencelicagts shifting from first to second - Nov 19, 2004 8:08am
when i shift from first to secon in lift i just spin the tires is it because i have summer tires or what because damn i have yokohamas
Posted By: VoodooGTS Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 19, 2004 10:51am
maybe you have too much air in them.
Posted By: unsceenTRD Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 19, 2004 11:16am
spinning tires from 1st to 2nd is not a bad thing, cause you can already be in lift in second if you do that thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: kevin2 Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 19, 2004 10:22pm
my wheel spin like hell when I hit lift in 1st gear. When I shift to second 2nd i'm already in lift cool My tires is bald as hell and I need to change them out fast smile
Posted By: ACE_GTS Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 19, 2004 11:51pm
It's probably your driving
Posted By: Chelica815 Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 12:14am
Gassing too fast. This happens to me if I press down the gas before I give the engine a second to keep up.
Posted By: injencelicagts Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 7:14am
anh it aint my driving just wen im like accelatring hard and hit lift in second the tires spin and my car bounses like crazy i think because there summer tires and there bran new
Posted By: injencelicagts Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 7:15am
sorry im kind of drunk so dont worry bout my typing
Posted By: tido Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 8:48am
beer...
Posted By: eddie_725 Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 2:25pm
Maybe you car has too much power for the wheels because you know beer adds 200 wheel Horse power rofl rofl
Posted By: VoodooGTS Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 11:01pm
how much psi do you got in your tires? try dropping them down to 25-30psi.
Posted By: BigTony Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 11:18pm
i heard you guys can hit lift when shifting from 1st to 2nd
Posted By: BigTony Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 20, 2004 11:20pm
cannot hit lift *
Posted By: RookieGTS Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 21, 2004 12:54am
I can wtf
Posted By: hephaestus Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 21, 2004 3:38am
I spin the the tire if I fall out of lift and get back into it sometime around a turn. That's a bitch hitting lift aroung a turn. Summertires will only work for you. Maybe they aren't heated up or maybe it's that they are too far gone or maybe the roads you drive on have too much debris and gravel or it's your shifting habits.
Posted By: injencelicagts Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 21, 2004 6:28am
not he tires r bran new less then 5000 miles on them no shit in the road they just spinn on the clean road way. im not compalning because its nuts just pulls like crazy thumbsup
Posted By: eric_h Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 21, 2004 7:49am
Originally Posted by RookieGTS
I can wtf

me too rofl i wish i HAD that capability
Posted By: BigTony Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 21, 2004 8:38am
there is a thread somewhere here talkin about how you can't land lift from 1st to 2nd
Posted By: Hetts Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 21, 2004 8:02pm
Where the roads wet bro? The only time i will get wheel hop is when the roads are wet... and that would explain you not getting grip too. If this is the case, just dont drive like a prick in the rain, thats when all the bad stuff happens anyways
Posted By: injencelicagts Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 22, 2004 5:55am
tires r bran new less then 5000 miles on them no shit in the road is bone dry they just spinn on the clean dry road way. im not compalning because its nuts just pulls like crazy
Posted By: RookieGTS Re: shifting from first to second - Nov 22, 2004 6:09am
Originally Posted by BigTony
there is a thread somewhere here talkin about how you can't land lift from 1st to 2nd

probably talking about the 02 models that are hard to do with. But as far as I know bro, I can hit lift from 1-2 shift.
© Celica Hobby