Celica Hobby
Posted By: tido many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 8:27am
instead of posting like 3 new threads im just gonna post them all up in here. first is, is it just the gts or is it also the gt that has to have premium unleaded gas? its like 2.11! does anyone know how to get an intake dent out? does anyone else's front bumper keep getting scratched up? the bottom of my bumper is turning black!! is there any kind of guard i can put there?? thanks!! wave
Posted By: Stephen Re: many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 9:52am
1. The owner's manual recommends that the GTS receive premium (89 octane) fuel. I believe it's because of the 2ZZ engines higher commpression that it requires this. I don't think it would destroy your car if you didn't use it but that was "one" of the reasons I ended up getting a GT...fuel isn't getting any cheaper these days.

2. How bad is the dent? Look on eBay and see if you can't find someone who is just selling their intake pipe. Most I think are made out of aluminum so if you took it to an auto repair shop they might be able to get the dent out confused

3. I have the TRD front and in a year and a half I think I have 2 pin sized chips in my paint confused Consider having the paint touched up and getting a 3M clear plastic protection put on there. It's the same thing they put on the front part of your hood at the dealership. Your local dealership could put that on for you but it isn't cheap. The front six inches of my hood cost almost $300 eek
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 3:48pm
no the GTS needs 91 octane or higher
Posted By: thE_laW Re: many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 4:06pm
^yeah thats what i thought im not sure tho.
Posted By: Toyotapartsdude Re: many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 4:33pm
yup 91 +
Posted By: eddie_725 Re: many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 5:57pm
^^ yes thumbsup
Posted By: Rocketman Re: many questions in one! - Oct 30, 2004 6:24pm
Originally Posted by VSGTS14
no the GTS needs 91 octane or higher
© Celica Hobby