Celica Hobby
Posted By: Chris McLean wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 3:50am
has anyone bought a wheel/tire package from www.wheelmax.com [wheelmax.com] ??? ive been told they give you khumo tires w/ the wheels...are these tires any good?? please let me know!! thanks everyone! thumbsup
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 4:16am
lol I replied in the other. I thought you could pick what tires you wanted in the package? i'm not sure. Kumho are good though.
Posted By: IcEd blUe Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 4:18am
Originally Posted by TRDGTS014
lol I replied in the other. I thought you could pick what tires you wanted in the package? i'm not sure. Kumho are good though.

I agree, and they have a cool name
Posted By: CelicaPrincess Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 5:35am
Originally Posted by IcEd blUe
Originally Posted by TRDGTS014

I agree, and they have a cool name

rofl I believe you can pick the tires and size you want...you just may have to pay a little extra then what they say in their "package" deals
Posted By: PBCelica02 Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 9:15am
name...good enough i suppose. thumbsup
Posted By: Grand-Touring-Dan Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 10:01am
I bought from wheelmax. The package originally comes with Kumho. But I upgraded mine to Nakang. thumbsup
Posted By: celicaguy Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 5:44pm
I bought from wheelmax but they didnt give me a choice..mine came with falkens
Posted By: IcEd blUe Re: wheelmax... - Jun 29, 2003 9:22pm
Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
I bought from wheelmax. The package originally comes with Kumho. But I upgraded mine to Nakang. thumbsup

how do you like the nakangs?
Posted By: comicbookguy Re: wheelmax... - Jun 30, 2003 1:45am
they look pretty good . i like them thumbsup
Posted By: Grand-Touring-Dan Re: wheelmax... - Jun 30, 2003 1:49am
Originally Posted by IcEd blUe
Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan

how do you like the nakangs?

I like them. I got a real low profile, I like the tread pattern and I have good traction. The only problem is that I wore the tread out real quickly, cause I bought the wheels the same week I got the car so I was having some fun. Let me see what I can do for pics for you.
I have 17x7.5 excel TZ-10s with 215/40 tires.

Ok, no critisizing...these are old pics and my car no longer looks like this, they are just the best ones I could find with a good look at the tires..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: VSGTS14 Re: wheelmax... - Jun 30, 2003 3:06am
the tires look good thumbsup
Posted By: swthrtracer Re: wheelmax... - Jun 30, 2003 9:03pm
I bought my rims and tires from wheelmax.

I got kumho 711 (not 712 frown like i thought I was getting) and I think they suck. They allow me to spin way too much...I should have upgraded to package C instead of B.

Also, I found wheelmax to be an incredibly bad company. One of my rims were lost by UPS, and it took over a month and a half to receive a replacement. And that was only sent after I sat on the phone with them every day for two weeks straight for atleast an hour. Their customer service SUCKS.
Posted By: Grand-Touring-Dan Re: wheelmax... - Jun 30, 2003 10:11pm
Originally Posted by swthrtracer
I bought my rims and tires from wheelmax.

I got kumho 711 (not 712 frown like i thought I was getting) and I think they suck. They allow me to spin way too much...I should have upgraded to package C instead of B.

Also, I found wheelmax to be an incredibly bad company. One of my rims were lost by UPS, and it took over a month and a half to receive a replacement. And that was only sent after I sat on the phone with them every day for two weeks straight for atleast an hour. Their customer service SUCKS.

wow, I'm sorry to hear. I didn't have any problems with anything. Even got my wheels 3 days before I expected them.
© Celica Hobby