Celica Hobby
Posted By: Anonymous wheels... - May 25, 2002 7:24am
First I would like to say hello to everyone!!! [Razz] My question is what is the difference between forged and cast rims... I know that forged are "better" and cast are "cheaper" but there are still some expensive cast wheels out there. Whats the deal? confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: wheels... - May 25, 2002 7:28am
Cast wheels is softer and forged is stronger. So something that may dent your cast wheels may not damage the forged rims. However if you drive around a fairly good streets just get what ever rims you like, don't worry about forged or cast rims.
Posted By: tony Re: wheels... - May 24, 2002 8:42pm
Forged rims are also lighter.
Posted By: isaac Re: wheels... - May 24, 2002 9:13pm
whats involved in making FORGED wheels and whats involved in making CAST wheels?

is there a "press" or is the metal just poored into a "mold"?

I was wondering this also...
Posted By: Malaysian Re: wheels... - Jul 6, 2003 4:53pm
I don't understand confused
Posted By: punterjoe21 Re: wheels... - Jul 6, 2003 5:47pm
cast = good
forged = better
Posted By: Anonymous Re: wheels... - Jul 6, 2003 6:22pm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know that forged are "better" and cast are "cheaper" but there are still some expensive cast wheels out there. Whats the deal?

The price sometimes has less to do with the actual quality and more of the name brand frown Also, the design of the wheel has to do with it. Get whatever you want but I would pay a little more for forged and hopefully save some money in the long run.

Posted By: IcEd blUe Re: wheels... - Jul 6, 2003 8:31pm
[/quote]

The price sometimes has less to do with the actual quality and more of the name brand frown Also, the design of the wheel has to do with it. Get whatever you want but I would pay a little more for forged and hopefully save some money in the long run.

[/quote]

do you realize how old this thread is?
© Celica Hobby