Celica Hobby
Posted By: spaztikid Speakers - Sep 13, 2003 11:50pm
our rear speakers are 6.5 inch arent they? do you have to buy the speaker mounts or can circuit city find a way to install them?
Posted By: Mp3Supply Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 12:15am
i think they have to be custom made, atleaset that is what my audio shop did. the fabercated( i cant spell ) crythem. .
Posted By: Mp3Supply Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 12:16am
because the stock speakers are mounted into a plastic piece, and you have to 'make' somthing to fill the area. . . no digital camera with me so i can't take a pic of the stock speaker
Posted By: Spread Eagle Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 12:34am
Read this topic. You can use the original mount for aftermarket speakers, both front and rear. See picture of mine rear install

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/thread.f_160586_1_collapsed_5__1.html
Posted By: KDawg Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 1:26am
It's actually very easy to make new mounts, all you need is a couple square feet of 1/2" Medium Density Fiberboard, a saw, a pencil and a drill. Just trace out your old mounts on the MDF, saw them out and drill exactly where the old holes were on your old mounts. It's as simple as that.
Posted By: codealiasJD Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 3:12am
Originally Posted by KDawg
It's actually very easy to make new mounts, all you need is a couple square feet of 1/2" Medium Density Fiberboard, a saw, a pencil and a drill. Just trace out your old mounts on the MDF, saw them out and drill exactly where the old holes were on your old mounts. It's as simple as that.

yup. AND you get to tell ppl that you custom made them grin grin
Posted By: spaztikid Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 6:41am
thanks you people...they are 6.5's all around right?
Posted By: codealiasJD Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 11:50am
as far as i heard/read yes. But i haven't changed mine yet so i don't know firsthand
Posted By: Mp3Supply Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 4:01pm
6.5 all around smile
Posted By: spaztikid Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 5:27pm
sweet thanks thumbsup
Posted By: MxReb0 Re: Speakers - Sep 14, 2003 7:37pm
Take plenty of pics as you do it!
© Celica Hobby