Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
How to Change your Fog Lights without Removing the Front Bumper.
by: RicePowered

Tools Needed:

10mm Socket
6 inch Socket Extension
Socket Wrench
Flat Head Screw Driver (Medium)
Needle Nose Pliers
Adjustable Pliers
Replacement Lights

[Linked Image]

1. Jack up one side of the Car to give yourself more head room. Remember to use a jack stand as well because your head is going to be under the car quite a lot. (Only jacking up one side will be fine. I suggest the driver's side as this light is more difficult)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2. Using the 10mm socket remove all the NUTS and both SCREWS on either side. Next it is helpful to remove two CLIPS[/color] on either side of the car for a total of four clips. Simply push the flat head into the slot of the clip and pop the clip open and pull out.

[Linked Image]

3. Pull the plastics down so you have enough room to work. Locate both foglights. I started with the driver's side one.

[Linked Image]

4. To give yourself more room on the driver's side to open the foglight, unplug the HORN and using the pliers pop out the CABLE CLIP[/color]. Next grab on to the back of the foglight (in yellow) with the adjustable pliers. I used the adjustable's because I was having a hard time turning the back in the tight area. Makes it easier to get a good grip on the back. Just be sure to not crush the wires coming out of the bottom of the foglight.

[Linked Image]

5. Turn the back counter-clockwise to approximately the green arrow. You will feel the back slide easy and the kinda clip into a certain place. This is the opening moving into the unlock area.

[Linked Image]

6. Next using the screw driver, slide it in between the back and the housing of the foglight. This will pop the back off. It should be very easy to do. If you feel any resistance from the back then the back in not in the correct location. Simply give slight pressure on the screw driver while turning the back either clockwise or counter-clockwise until it pops off.

[Linked Image]

7. Now that you have the back open lets get in out of the way. Pull all the cables aside and move the back away from the housing as far as you can. Next find the black clips (in red) One of them is the ground and the other is the power. The one with the long wire attached in the power shown here in blue. Simply pull the/two wire apart at the black clip. Next grab onto the other clip and pull straight back away from the housing. This is the ground clip. It is shaped like an "L". Now you can move the back away from the light. The yellow arrow shows the separation point of the back and housing. Now it is time to remove the light. Push the SPRING CLIP[/color] in towards the front of the car and down towards the bottom. This will let you pivot it out of the way. Now simply grab onto the back of the light and pull straight back.

[Linked Image]

8. Install the new light. Simply put it in and repeat all the steps in reverse. The foglights you might have noticed are keyed to go in only one way. The SQUARE SIDE goes on the top and the ROUND SIDE goes toward the bottom.

[Linked Image]

I suggest turning on your foglights before closing up the housing to make sure everything works.

Enjoy your new lights grin

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Great install directions, took me a while to put em in though, SO MUCH PLASTIC!!!! and the both of the caps that you have to turn on the back of the fog light assemblys were hard as hell to get off, but i got em in. thanks for the great guide! rice

TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
TheFilipinoCrew
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i just replaced my fogs bulbs...first i thought this install would take pretty long..but after it took me at most about 15mins. thumbsup

2001 Toyota Celica
2001 Toyota Celica
Thanks for your message on how fast you completed it. I have been avoiding this particular task thinking that I need a lot of time to complete it, so I'll do it tomorrow.

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
hey would dis work on a celica with the action package. mine is a 2004. and i tried to do dis and it doesnt seem to match. does 2004s use H3's or 9006 light bulbs for the fog lights on da action package. im so confused. heeeeeeelp