Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Engine and Performance Jump to new posts
Shifting Issue 95GT Jul 11, 2024 12:54pm
I've got a 95 Celica, and it has started being "reluctant" to go into the "down" gears, 2, 4, and reverse. When this occurs, there's no grinding typically. It just feels spongy when I push the stick down, and if the engine is at the right RPM, it will slip down into gear. on occasion when I release the clutch there is a little grinding, almost as if the gears are just out of reach of engaging.

I can't find someone who can tell what would be causing it. A garage I took it to says I need a whole new clutch, transmission, and flywheel.

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this?
0 31 Read More
For Sale Jump to new posts
2002 Celica GTS 6 Speed For Sale johnbmd2023 Jul 11, 2024 5:42am
2002 Toyota Celica GTS 6 Speed 2ZZ engine. Second owner. Purchased in 2006. Very well maintained engine. Mobil 1 the whole way. Same power as when I purchased in 2006 (I am the second owner). Car currently needs a clutch (Clutch is completely gone).. Clean title. Blue ext, Black leather interior. Overall average to good body condition. Has Michellin all the way around. All stock engine with no mods. Only serious enquiries please. This is a great car and a lot of fun to drive. Columbia, Maryland area. 3000.00 or best offer.
0 58 Read More
Upgrading Rear Discs LHY266 Jul 7, 2024 2:16pm
This is mostly for european celica owners.

You can upgrade front discs and calipers from the original 275mm discs to a T25 Toyota Avensis 295mm discs and calipers. I want to upgrade my rear discs too and I'm wondering if there are any bolt on calipers and discs from other toyotas?
0 67 Read More
Exterior Jump to new posts
Absolute red vs super red? Comparison?? Colearkon Jul 7, 2024 7:18am
I’m about to paint my 2000 gts celica, and I’ve been looking into other paints like, Super red, Viper red, Track B-red, New formula red, Ferrari red ect.. my main question is for people that are familiar with Super Red and their thoughts comparing to Absolute Red? My other question is if anyone prefers other paints I listed.
0 67 Read More
How to make reliable high HP? NoLimitJoey Jul 4, 2024 10:36am
I’ve been going down a rabbit hole on making HP on the Celica. From stroker kits, to turbos and superchargers, to built internals. I have a manual GTS and was weighing out my ideas on trading it in for a RSX type S. What I want is 250+ hp or close to it and still be able to daily drive it and not worry about reliability and terrible MPG. It is my first project car and I’m ok with it taking years to completely while waiting for money. What would be the best way around this?
0 107 Read More
5th Generation Celica Jump to new posts
Re: Help identify fuel rail hose and connection RonHas3_5thGens Jul 2, 2024 2:36am
Found it ! The following link actually describes three hoses on the passenger side of the throttle body so I'm going with that. For future reference for anyone with the same question, here's the link:
https://www.toyotacelicas.com/threa...-celica-gt-with-2-2l-5sfe-engine.106042/

Thanks Guys,
Ron
2 180 Read More
General Jump to new posts
Full TRD kit CuriousWashing Jul 1, 2024 11:56pm
Hi everyone, I was wondering what would be the current market for authentic TRD action package body parts?
0 103 Read More
6th Generation Celica Jump to new posts
98 JDM SS3 Starts and Dies 3sge redtop kreamer Jun 30, 2024 3:39pm
Hello!

I purchased a 1998 SS3 earlier this year.
Has a 3SGE Red Top
Lots of fun... until it wasn't...
Car blew a plug out of cylinder 3, out of the head, and into the coil.
So the fun begins...

Had a shop redo the threads and replace the plugs, coils, and starter which was also fried.
Electrical issues from this event blew a couple fuses, and relays. Also replaced. Shop couldn't get it to start or fire so I took it back.
Few months later I'm stuck. Where I am at currently-
Car fires. Felt great and had some help from some lovely friends to get to this point. A sensor near the alternator was not plugged in, and the negative wire was ripped (likely from shop accidentally or otherwise.)

But now... this is where we are at.
Car starts, and dies.

What I have done so far-
Purchased a donor harness and ECU. Both known good. Was originally going to swap the whole harness but decided not to after getting to the sensor from above fixed.
Verified between the two different ECUs - Problem persists

Verified fuel pump is working and getting power

Verified fuses, relays, etc. All good.

Pulled MAF sensor, issue persists with it connected or disconnected.

Where weirdness begins: Car cranks just fine, will start but then die. If I turn the key back and forth from the "Acc" and "Run" positions, I can keep the car running. Video here: https://youtube.com/shorts/iqKnBynBoCE?feature=share

I am a amateur mechanic at best. Help is greatly appreciated. I am really stuck at this point. Bounced a lot of ideas around with folks none of which have lead to anything. Big one was possibly immobilizer turning the car off? I tore my dash apart to find one, but I am about 99% sure this car does not have one. Could be wrong of course and looking in the wrong spot, but no lights or sounds to indicate otherwise.

Thank you all,
Owen smile
0 103 Read More
Can someone tell me what this is in the driver footwell, please? veryred Jun 27, 2024 5:12pm
Hello,
New member here - I own a 2004 VVti
Just recently there's been an odd whirring clicking sound emanating from what I thought was the dashboard or steering column but it turns out it is coming from this unit which is deep in the driver footwell on the left hand side. It's starting to squeak occasionally too. Unfortunately I've misplaced the manual and I have absolutely no idea what it is, so I'd be grateful if someone on this knowledgeable forum could tell, and maybe even why it would be making this sound.
Hopefully I've attached a photo.

Thanks in advance
0 125 Read More
Re: intake manifold... GT THEcreed Jun 22, 2024 6:52am
I saw in other forums that DD Performance made one that was supposedly really good, some users claimed gains of 30hp. Sadly I can't find any for sale or any trace of them being sold other than people claiming they had them and showing pictures. When I tried to go to DD Performancs's website it was being redone so I couldn't check if they had one for sale
6 3,761 Read More
Bonnet release cable LanciaAutos Jun 21, 2024 9:33pm
Hey there, was in the market for buying a bonnet release cable for my 94’ st205 and cannot seem to find any anywhere. Was wondering if the older generation release cable was compatible/ modify able to work on my model. Any help is appreciated
0 92 Read More
Videos, Pictures, and Audio Clips Jump to new posts
Re: Photo Chop EZ Magic_Phil Jun 18, 2024 11:15am
Side view... devastated.
45 9,346 Read More
Member Spotlight
Nautique65
Nautique65
2001 Toyota Celica GT
TN, Hendersonville

Random: Give a man a fire and he is warm for the night, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
Shifting Issue
by 95GT - Jul 11, 2024 5:54am
2002 Celica GTS 6 Speed For Sale
by johnbmd2023 - Jul 10, 2024 10:42pm
Upgrading Rear Discs
by LHY266 - Jul 7, 2024 7:16am
Absolute red vs super red? Comparison??
by Colearkon - Jul 7, 2024 12:18am
How to make reliable high HP?
by NoLimitJoey - Jul 4, 2024 3:36am
Full TRD kit
by CuriousWashing - Jul 1, 2024 4:56pm
98 JDM SS3 Starts and Dies 3sge redtop
by kreamer - Jun 30, 2024 8:39am
Help identify fuel rail hose and connection
by RonHas3_5thGens - Jun 29, 2024 9:47pm
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2024