Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Electrical, Audio, and Security Guides Jump to new posts
Re: Fuse Blocks, Engine Room and Center Junction - Diagrams AJcelica96 Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Should I instead be looking at the black and red wire pin 10?
4 82,703 Read More
Exterior Jump to new posts
Spyder Headlight LEDs Dxnxld Mar 25, 2024 1:51pm
I've had my Spyder housings for about a year now and I've tried buying led H7 bulbs, but none of them seem to fit in the housing. Does anyone have any recommendations for some LEDs that fit?
0 44 Read More
General Jump to new posts
Re: OPEN DOOR warning light problem ikey04 Mar 22, 2024 6:02am
After what you described it sounds like it might be a wiring issue possibly.

Maybe remove the plastic panel on the inside of the hatch and just inspect the wires and make sure none of the wires have been rubbing on any bare metal causing it to short out.

If it's affected when braking too it might have something to do with the tail lights as well which makes me think it's most likely wiring not the actual hatch lock itself, So it could possibly be an exposed wire 🤷‍♂️

Not overly sure but I hope this helps in anyway :))
1 222 Read More
Re: Engine takes too long to warm up, any idea? CeliacCelica Mar 21, 2024 6:48pm
Mine takes about 10-15 minutes to warm up on cold days, and temps here in the winter average about 0-2C.
Obvious thing is to keep your heater off in the car, or if you want to use it, I'll set mine to recirculate on fan setting 2.

Our belts are known for squeaking in the cold, especially cheap belts. Get a GOODYEAR belt. I've never had a squeak since. Could be your belt tensioner too.

A picture of your temp-gauge might help. I thought mine never got to operating temperature either, but it turns out it was and I was reading it wrong. I was used to a traditional needle gauge, not the digital one the Celica uses.
1 390 Read More
Re: 7th gen auto rpm dip problem need help. CeliacCelica Mar 21, 2024 6:34pm
I'd personally take the throttle-body off and give it a good thorough cleaning with throttle-body cleaner.
If you take the throttle body off yourself, be careful of opening the valve with your hands. It's easy to do, that's not my point.
My point is that you can damage the valve itself by opening it fully and letting go without easing it back to closed position.
Opening it up fully isn't the problem, the snap-motion of letting go of the valve, due to the spring-action, is what can cause damage.

I'd also go the extra mile and take the idle air control (IAC) valve off the side of the throttle body while you have it off.
Both the throttle body and the IAC need new gaskets if taken off. Purchase them prior to removing anything.

Another thing to keep in mind if you remove the throttle body is that there is a coolant through-line on the bottom of the TB that will drain about half of your coolant. Keep that in mind. I'd keep coolant handy before attempting this too.

-EDIT-
I forgot to mention that I did this with my 2000 GT Auto about 4 months ago, a month into owning the car. Haven't had issues with idling or RPM stability since. Mine used to swing from 600-2000rpms wildly when put into Park. New MAF and a thorough cleaning did the trick.
2 398 Read More
Anyone ever hear this noise? CeliacCelica Mar 21, 2024 5:51pm
I'll try to give as much detail as possible without being too burdensome.

I've had a 2000 Celica GT with the U341E transmission since 192,000 miles, and I'm currently at 203,000.
Overall, the car is running amazing. Starts right up with no issues, warms up in a reasonable amount of time for an older car in a colder climate. Maine to be exact!
It has very-very little, almost no oil consumption, probably 1oz max if I were to go 6,000 between changes. Me being me, I change the oil every 3500 miles.

I've replaced all struts (Springs, shock, etc.), end-links, and the front-lower ball joints.
Brake rotors are new all around, as well as brake hardware and pads.

Now for the nitty gritty of my situation. We all know these cars are basically motorized-beatboxers after they had been out for a few years, and the talent of the beatboxer does not get better with time. TL;DR They make a lot of noise.
I've spent the last few months going throughout the car and sound-proofing it, as well as adding new pins and felt between trim pieces.

However, there is one noise in particular that's bugging me, and it seems to be coming from the transmission.
I'll do my best to explain it below:
This noise is similar to a metallic-flicking if that makes sense. Imagine a very thin piece of steel being lightly tapped on in a rhythmic manner. Almost similar to a metal fan having a straw stuck into it. It's not super loud, but definitely noticeable.

When it happens:

- This noise occurs typically in the RPM range of 1800ish - 2100ish and only in 2nd and 3rd gear for about 2 seconds just before shifting to the next gear.
- It also seems to only occur during the first 20 minutes of driving when I'm making my way through town and having to stop at various lights, meaning I have to go through the first few gears 3-4 times each way on my commute. Once I'm past 2200 RPMS, I don't hear it at all.
- It seems to occur mostly between 18mph and 30mph.

Potential Lead?

- This noise just started to occur about 2 weeks ago, coincidentally days after my transmission developed a slight leak.
- The leak is minor, but nothing to ignore. It's a very small drip, but it is consistent. Only a few days ago did my transmission dip stick have a "low" reading after a 30 minute drive and the car was up to temp. Since then, I've topped it off with new fluid.
- When my dip-stick read low, I had to add just under a quart of ATF to be back to where I was when I bought it.
- The leak should be fixed shortly, I have the parts, I'm just waiting on a second opinion from my mechanic to see if the leak is coming from a different spot than what I've found.

I'm sorry to make such a long post, but I feel like more information can be helpful when so many things could be the culprit. My gut tells me it's something to do with my transmission, but it baffles me that it would shift so smoothly with little to no hiccups at all and not throw any codes if something were to be wrong.
I know it's due for a transmission flush, and I plan on getting it flushed and filled with T-IV after I fix my leak.

Anyone have any input?
0 54 Read More
Clunking sound (not sure where from) Juliansky Mar 20, 2024 10:01am
I’ve been having clunking symptoms for the past few months not sure where it’s come from. I’m not really heavy car guy but it’s starting to sound concerning, it wouldn’t happen that much but not it happens every time I accelerate and let go of the acceleration pedal. The clunking sound also happens ever time I switch gears no matter what gear. The clunking sound still can be heard with the clutch alll the way in and shifting gears. I’m assuming it has to do something with the shifting thing since I’m not pressing the gas and not connected to the transmission when I have the clutch in. I know before my oil change , the gas pedal when accelerating and releasing the pedal would make the clunk sound at low speeds and high speeds, after my oil change the clunking sound at low speeds was 80% eliminated but still at high speeds. I would gladly appreciate if anyone could help.
0 56 Read More
5th Generation Celica Jump to new posts
Does anybody know where i can find a S53 trans rebuild kit? MoreRamenNoodles Mar 20, 2024 3:57am
I recently bought a 5th gen 3s-gte for my 5th gen 1992 Celica st184 and I need to do something about the transmission, it grinds in 4th sometimes so I plan to rebuild it. However i cannot find a rebuild kit for it. also, does anybody know if the transmission out of the mr2spyder with the lsd will bolt up and if so what modifications need to be done, as far as I understand the lsd from the mr2 spyder will fit in the a53 does anybody know if this is true?
0 66 Read More
Urgent SoloXKay Mar 19, 2024 6:58pm
Replaced alternator and everything seemed to be working until while i was driving my dash lights went out as well as a bunch of other stuff

Dash lights/gauges - out
A/C control - out
Dome light- good
Locks - out
Headlights- only on bright
Turn signals - out
Hazard lights- good
Brake lights- out
Wont shift out of park normally.

It will start and run, fuses seems good but maybe im checking the wrong ones.
0 69 Read More
Exterior Jump to new posts
Re: TRD Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, Installed [PICS] chewy1432 Mar 11, 2024 10:26am
Seems like I found this 20 years too late lol. Got my first celica a few years ago and gone through 1. Now have a 1zz 5 speed, Saw this engine cover and love it but cant find much on it at all. Long shot in the dark on finding one but thought I should ask. Im still new to all this
100 42,614 Read More
Re: Brake master cylinder Nigel100 Mar 6, 2024 8:41pm
Thanks for the reply man. I'm from the Caribbean but I ship from the US. Rockauto was one of the first spots I checked but they only have the left hand drive version. The OEM # is 47207-20130 for what I need.
2 182 Read More
Engine and Performance Jump to new posts
OEM speedometer on aftermarket ecu Penaman99 Mar 5, 2024 6:23pm
So i have an st205 and i am installing a maxxecu race.
I want to use The original speedometer, has anybody done this/know How it could Be done?
0 160 Read More
Re: Coilovers for 7th Gen help! T23elmer Mar 2, 2024 7:22pm
You could also get raceland coilovers. I've had them for about a year now they are good. They do get a lot of hate since they are cheaply built but I haven't encountered an issue with them so far and they are about $400. Just note that they don't go low to like a slammed look but they do get the job done to cover the wheel-to-fender gap
3 651 Read More
newly purchased 2000 GTS CantShift Feb 28, 2024 4:06am
Hi, my name is Dan. I recently purchased a 2000 GTS in white with 175k on the ODO It has its issues, mainly the synchro on 4th gear wont work when downshifting, requiring me to rev match to the best of my ability. As well as an odd "Thunk" noise when shifting at too low of an rpm.
I'm looking for repair recommendations as well as suggestions for initial modifications for the car.
0 195 Read More
Member Spotlight
toysport_celica
toysport_celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Ca

Random: a bowl of rice, fried chicken, and a glass of water!
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
Spyder Headlight LEDs
by Dxnxld - Mar 25, 2024 6:51am
Anyone ever hear this noise?
by CeliacCelica - Mar 21, 2024 10:51am
Clunking sound (not sure where from)
by Juliansky - Mar 20, 2024 3:01am
Does anybody know where i can find a S53 trans rebuild kit?
by MoreRamenNoodles - Mar 19, 2024 8:57pm
Urgent
by SoloXKay - Mar 19, 2024 11:58am
OEM speedometer on aftermarket ecu
by Penaman99 - Mar 5, 2024 11:23am
Brake master cylinder
by Nigel100 - Mar 5, 2024 2:45am
newly purchased 2000 GTS
by CantShift - Feb 27, 2024 9:06pm
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2024