Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by hybridcelica
Originally Posted by sPeEd4tHeNeEd
Originally Posted by skdmorse
Ok here is the deal... You can hit the nitrous at 2500 rpm's in a mustang or corvette but, in a celica it just bogs down because you are shooting to much fuel into the system at once...

You cannot buy a dry system for a Celica... Try it... Call Zex or NOS and see for yoruself... I did...

And if you ever buy nos and hold the button down until its empty make sure you call a tow truck...

ok, i was just making sure that you couldn't use a dry system with the celica...didnt say you could.

and also i definately didnt say you could use the whole bottle...as stated above 15 seconds or less is the recommended type.

and since obviously you have some experience with nitrous (i do not) why would the celica bog down? wouldn't more fuel + more oxygen equal more power? i guess you said no..but i was just wondering as to why this is.

in any case...would it still be faster than stock times even if you started at 2500 rpms? if not (or even if yes) what rpm do you suggest laying on the button in the celica gts?
quickly:
1)try to be specific and factual when it comes to certain things.you can squeeze and use all the nitrous from the bottle!it depends on what size bottle you are using or maybe you have only seen 10 lbs.

2)bogging down usually happen when the nitrous is not jetted properly,to much fuel,blocked nitrous solenoid/line.
it wont happen that easily if it was the other way around(to much nitro)

3)it can bog at low rpm because you are asking the intake runners and head to injest a massive amt of "material"at an rpm where the head cannot possible flow that amt of air/fuel mixture!

4)usually if its jetted right and you squeeze at say 2500 the revs would shoot up,some people do that on cars to get the "out the hole" advantage,very little wheel spin and quick take off.but as i said earlier up the torque load is ridiculous at that rpm and can stress internals.this is how a lot of people lose a motor,not by detonation blowing a hole in the piston or burning rings,melting plugs,but by breaking con rods,spining bearings,this is the "stealth mode"that nitrous kills motors! everyone is more accustomed to the explosion/smoke associated with the "more active detonation"

5)i think for 1/4 mile time its best if you launch the car normal very little wheel spin and when you hook hit the button.hold until just before redline,release,shift,button again,through all the gears until the end of the track.

6)advanced racers do hold the button from begining to end while shifting! with their foot planted to the floor!

7)if anything needs to be clarified ask!,an in detail discussion of nitrous and its usage plus tips and tricks can fill a lot of books and can not be covered in a few sentenses!

Again... It sounds like you are quoting a book and have no idea how NOS afects a Celica...

Some of you answers in this " to do list" are correct but only if you have a full blown race car... Our stock engines can not handle a petal to the metal through all gears full on nitrous shot... And if you have ever riddin in one you would no that. Yes when I had my mustang gt I could hold it down wide open through all gears without a problem but our 1.8 rings and pistons cant handle the heat...

Thansk for your insight on the wonderful world of book nitrous. Real world experience is were you find out how you nead to handle your car so you don't have unexpected break downs... I'll be sure to watch for you at the NOPI nationals this year since you must have one hell of a built Celica...

Oh and hybrid why in the hell would you have two stages of 50 shot???? Wouldn't the first stage be 50 then the second be 100??? Oh and were are thoses pictures. For being such a no it all on nitrous you think you could figure out how to attach a picture... Good luck smart guy...

cough, cough bullshit...

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Oh and hybrid why in the hell would you have two stages of 50 shot???? Wouldn't the first stage be 50 then the second be 100??? Oh and were are thoses pictures. For being such a no it all on nitrous you think you could figure out how to attach a picture... Good luck smart guy...

cough, cough bullshit...
now dude!did i imply in anyway that i know it all on nitrous?thats one of the biggest problem i find with this site,i get to meet idiots like you who cant stand the fact that there are people out there that know and has done a lot of shit where speed and racing is concerned! if i was such a know it all do you think that i would ask on what the problem was that i cant seem to post pics on this site!one of the other things that i did not claim, is to be a computer expert,i know enough to get me by. if something comes up and i cant figure it out i call in the experts,you on the other hand would be to arogant to admit that you have to, and end up f.ucking things up! second stage 100shot because my first stage is 50! you had someone put that kit in right!you are a joke!this is bullshit, 150 shot on a celica gts stock internals! quoted by you! you can take what i have posted and quote it to any tech i dont care who they work for and ask them if anything i said is bullshit!if it was up to people like you the earth would still be flat! you know what people thinks of other people who cant stand to be corrected and who uses the term "know it all" when ever someone tries to "show" them a different point of view?there is a lot you have to learn about nitrous,and more so about life (getting all pissed and disrespecting someone you dont even know) you can learn a lot from a dummy if you are dummer than he is! if you need any help or tips with your nitrous i will still be glad to let you know what i think and would help in anyway!looks like you learnt something tonight...bullshit! thats how your brain comprehended it! i can see why you are pissed,sorry! winknext time i'm goint to post in bullshit just for you so you can make sense of it!

Last edited by hybridcelica; Jan 16, 2004 11:17pm.

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Ok here is the deal... You can hit the nitrous at 2500 rpm's in a mustang or corvette but, in a celica it just bogs down because you are shooting to much fuel into the system at once...

You cannot buy a dry system for a Celica... Try it... Call Zex or NOS and see for yoruself... I did...

And if you ever buy nos and hold the button down until its empty make sure you call a tow truck...

ok, i was just making sure that you couldn't use a dry system with the celica...didnt say you could.

and also i definately didnt say you could use the whole bottle...as stated above 15 seconds or less is the recommended type.

and since obviously you have some experience with nitrous (i do not) why would the celica bog down? wouldn't more fuel + more oxygen equal more power? i guess you said no..but i was just wondering as to why this is.

in any case...would it still be faster than stock times even if you started at 2500 rpms? if not (or even if yes) what rpm do you suggest laying on the button in the celica gts?
quickly:
1)try to be specific and factual when it comes to certain things.you can squeeze and use all the nitrous from the bottle!it depends on what size bottle you are using or maybe you have only seen 10 lbs.

2)bogging down usually happen when the nitrous is not jetted properly,to much fuel,blocked nitrous solenoid/line.

3)it can bog at low rpm because you are asking the intake runners and head to injest a massive amt of "material"at an rpm where the head cannot possible flow that amt of air/fuel mixture!

4)usually if its jetted right and you squeeze at say 2500 the revs would shoot up,some people do that on cars to get the "out the hole" advantage,very little wheel spin and quick take off.but as i said earlier up the torque load is ridiculous at that rpm and can stress internals.this is how a lot of people lose a motor,not by detonation blowing a hole in the piston or burning rings,melting plugs,but by breaking con rods,spining bearings,this is the "stealth mode"that nitrous kills motors! everyone is more accustomed to the explosion/smoke associated with the "more active detonation"

5)i think for 1/4 mile time its best if you launch the car normal very little wheel spin and when you hook hit the button.hold until just before redline,release,shift,button again,through all the gears until the end of the track.

6)advanced racers do hold the button from begining to end while shifting! with their foot planted to the floor!

7)if anything needs to be clarified ask!,an in detail discussion of nitrous and its usage plus tips and tricks can fill a lot of books and can not be covered in a few sentenses!

Again... It sounds like you are quoting a book and have no idea how NOS afects a Celica...

Some of you answers in this " to do list" are correct but only if you have a full blown race car... Our stock engines can not handle a petal to the metal through all gears full on nitrous shot... And if you have ever riddin in one you would no that. Yes when I had my mustang gt I could hold it down wide open through all gears without a problem but our 1.8 rings and pistons cant handle the heat...

Thansk for your insight on the wonderful world of book nitrous. Real world experience is were you find out how you nead to handle your car so you don't have unexpected break downs... I'll be sure to watch for you at the NOPI nationals this year since you must have one hell of a built Celica...
i didnt see this one rofl why thank you for the compliment!but i think i was the one who mentioned real life situations and we are the people who actually test the shit!do you speed shift or do you granny shift?your activation switch is at the throttle body or do you have a t shift with button or other?ooops sorry for asking that ! forgot you have a zex system!how many hardcore racers have you seen with a zex system?in real life?honestly! just trying to figure out what kind of real life racer you are with your zex system,maybe they got you on the "feels like a turbo" sales pitch!you say you have a mustang right,gt,what year? i can give you a lot of tricks with nitrous that can get you down in the 11s stock motor except for a nitrous cam. and some cheap tranny (if you are auto)and suspension work.as for the nopi nationals,i'm in the virgin islands and my celica is not my race car,my race car was a 1993 celica gts back halfed with 4 link/ford 9"rear end and grandnational stage 2 motor with built turbo 400 tranny with tranny brakes and artcar 9" stall convertor on good year 30x12w slicks!was,because i sold the body(not motor)to a guy who has a rotary in it.i almost bought a full chassis chevy vega rolling but i am die hard celica guy!what i need is a 7th gen body to do some shit with,then you would see what a celica can do!(body anyway) to make a long story short,i do what many only talk and dream about when it comes to racing! and if you dont know what backhalf/4 link/ford 9"/tranny brakes/12ws is, you should not be acting like a hardcore racer!sometimes i say i'm wasting my time with this site,but nahh its real fu...cking fuuunnn!peace dude!only fun and dont take it personal !k!

HYBRID:resulting from the combination of two or more mechanically dissimilar origins!
"...... code":every man is a shadow,let him be treated as such,until proven otherwise by a show of character or code!

[quote=skdmorse]Ok here is the deal... You can hit the nitrous at 2500 rpm's in a mustang or corvette but, in a celica it just bogs down because you are shooting to much fuel into the system at once...

quickly:

i didnt see this one rofl why thank you for the compliment!but i think i was the one who mentioned real life situations and we are the people who actually test the shit!do you speed shift or do you granny shift?your activation switch is at the throttle body or do you have a t shift with button or other?ooops sorry for asking that ! forgot you have a zex system!how many hardcore racers have you seen with a zex system?in real life?honestly! just trying to figure out what kind of real life racer you are with your zex system,maybe they got you on the "feels like a turbo" sales pitch!you say you have a mustang right,gt,what year? i can give you a lot of tricks with nitrous that can get you down in the 11s stock motor except for a nitrous cam. and some cheap tranny (if you are auto)and suspension work.as for the nopi nationals,i'm in the virgin islands and my celica is not my race car,my race car was a 1993 celica gts back halfed with 4 link/ford 9"rear end and grandnational stage 2 motor with built turbo 400 tranny with tranny brakes and artcar 9" stall convertor on good year 30x12w slicks!was,because i sold the body(not motor)to a guy who has a rotary in it.i almost bought a full chassis chevy vega rolling but i am die hard celica guy!what i need is a 7th gen body to do some shit with,then you would see what a celica can do!(body anyway) to make a long story short,i do what many only talk and dream about when it comes to racing! and if you dont know what backhalf/4 link/ford 9"/tranny brakes/12ws is, you should not be acting like a hardcore racer!sometimes i say i'm wasting my time with this site,but nahh its real fu...cking fuuunnn!peace dude!only fun and dont take it personal !k! [/quote]

Your a hardcore racer that can't attach a picture to a thread.

Maybe you are this huge hardcore racer and maybe that is why you have so much trouble trying to comunicate with others. I have read your responsis to several threads on this site and you seem to have some education on the celica but, your responses come off like you are a total dick. Maybe if you didn't write your novels like you were king shit of turd island maybe someone would actualy sit and chat with you like a normal human being.

Thanks for the intertainment tonight and if you ever want to see a group of buys that really now about nitrous check out http://www.paracing.net/ .. They did my install.. thumbsup

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica

[/quote]

Your a hardcore racer that can't attach a picture to a thread.

Maybe you are this huge hardcore racer and maybe that is why you have so much trouble trying to comunicate with others. I have read your responsis to several threads on this site and you seem to have some education on the celica but, your responses come off like you are a total dick. Maybe if you didn't write your novels like you were king shit of turd island maybe someone would actualy sit and chat with you like a normal human being.

Thanks for the intertainment tonight and if you ever want to see a group of buys that really now about nitrous check out http://www.paracing.net/ .. They did my install.. thumbsup [/quote]

hmmm! i need to check myself with that one (coming across like a dick)seriously! the last thing i want is to come across like an assshole when when i'm trying to explain anything to anybody!especially if its online !some people take offence to how its done rather than the fact that its done.i'v met people on this site that calls bullshit for the fun and i understand,cause i'v read some (not impossible)but highly unlikely stuff here on this site!but i do guaranty you this,nothing i say is false claims! i'm one man (30 look 25 seen and done enough shit to be 40!)whose word, rep and integrity means a lot to him!i do know a few things about racing and cars,but there is so much that i dont know,hence the reason that i'm here on this site.about the hardcore racer,lets just say,yes,still, but a lot of things has changed within the past few years for me,and is still changing,sometimes stuff happens that make you want to "focus on other things" i got a bike as a birthday gift once, 600 ninja,i was like,nice bike who parked it there,i cant get out,the reply was you can have it! move it yourself!i could remember how it felt that day but nothing prepared me for:your daughter is really pretty!,and the answer was: shes yours!

anyway,thanks for pointing out my asshole like lecturing(seriously! if i came acrosss like that it was not intended)peace!thumbsup

Last edited by hybridcelica; Jan 17, 2004 7:48am.

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
skdmorse..in response to hybids to do list: what would you have done differently? i really don't care whos wrong or whose right but i do want to know about nitrous. you pointed out that some things hybrid said were wrong? what things exactly were that and how would you do it differently? i know that you did answer 'the celica's pistons can't handle shifint with nitrous' (along those lines), but what else?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
skdmorse..in response to hybids to do list: what would you have done differently? i really don't care whos wrong or whose right but i do want to know about nitrous. you pointed out that some things hybrid said were wrong? what things exactly were that and how would you do it differently? i know that you did answer 'the celica's pistons can't handle shifint with nitrous' (along those lines), but what else?
hey speed,only under extreme conditions you would want to put your everyday car under that kind of stress 50/50 while shifting!and it should be done on c12 or c16 racing gas(to knock down knock..pun) and even though my thumb is on the button while shifting my right foot is what controlls both stages of nitrous,so that if i want to,by easing up slightly when shifting it cuts both stages off.stage two cannot be activated unless i'm at wot,its wired to stage one that has to be activated at wot. when you go from wot it cuts eveything!both stages regardless of wheteher your hand is on the button for stage two by choice or mistake!,thats one of the best ways to "nurse a celica on big shot nitro without screwing things up" most of the shit starts happening if you back off and nitrous is still flowing! another tip if your revs are on its way down,try not to squeeze it, a lot of bad shit happens then too.
peace

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
let me know if any above makes sense,glad to clarify

Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
Caleb
2000 Toyota Celica
let me know if any above makes sense,glad to clarify

thanks thumbsup it made sense the first time and you made it sound like even better sense. basically my question what else was wrong with your statemtents in the #'d points you made above (if any). basically i'm just asking him to defend himself some, i guess. not just for the fun of it though..because i want to know, honestly thumbsup

quickly:

You should never do this on a stock Celica engine. It must be built. Most cars on this site are daily drivers or show cars and the internals cannot handle that.

My car is jetted perfectly... If you are full race then you can answer this with a yes but, again most cars on this site are not full race.

I agree...

I agree...

I agree...

Not smart to do with a stock Celica clutch...

7)if anything needs to be clarified ask!,an in detail discussion of nitrous and its usage plus tips and tricks can fill a lot of books and can not be covered in a few sentenses! [/quote]

Hybrid... Were cool.. I believe you know what you are talking about but, you are probably to advanced for a lot of the people on this site. My friends at Pro Auto are like you.. Built motors strickly for the strip.. Vernon, the 32 year old owner has a 1000 hp mustang with basically a 500 hp shot of nitrous. Sometimes I have to bring him back to reality and remind him that not everyone wants a full blown race car. Mine is fast and fun... Mater of fact I have never had as much fun in a car as I do my Celica. I am 29 and like you have had a lot of cars and have been a lot of places. So I will respect you as long as you know there are other people out there that you need to respect.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
quickly:

You should never do this on a stock Celica engine. It must be built. Most cars on this site are daily drivers or show cars and the internals cannot handle that.

My car is jetted perfectly... If you are full race then you can answer this with a yes but, again most cars on this site are not full race.

I agree...

I agree...

I agree...

Not smart to do with a stock Celica clutch...

Hybrid... Were cool.. I believe you know what you are talking about but, you are probably to advanced for a lot of the people on this site. My friends at Pro Auto are like you.. Built motors strickly for the strip.. Vernon, the 32 year old owner has a 1000 hp mustang with basically a 500 hp shot of nitrous. Sometimes I have to bring him back to reality and remind him that not everyone wants a full blown race car. Mine is fast and fun... Mater of fact I have never had as much fun in a car as I do my Celica. I am 29 and like you have had a lot of cars and have been a lot of places. So I will respect you as long as you know there are other people out there that you need to respect. [/quote]hey skd,you seem like a pretty alright guy,i'm glad to have met you,(dude! i'm realy f..cking glad i met you)the site you sent me has a pic of a motor with what looks like a pro charger with external oil pump and cog belt system,my buddy has a stang (most of my buddies use stangs as their full race cars) and he has most of the stuff to do it and we were wondering what the setup looked like!its a 331 built ford motor and he keeps bursting the belt!so you see some things just starts off bad but end up being all good.thanks man! peace! thumbsup

Mustangs and celicas... I don't know how they mix but somehow they always do.. If your buddies ever need any parts give Per auto a call these guys are great to work with, really down to earth guys... Tell them Sam with the Celi sent ya... They do all kinds of mail order parts. They have a complete fabrication shop in house... ANyway enough about them... Have a good one..

Page 2 of 2 1 2