Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#10601 Mar 28, 3:46pm
Just wanted to know how hard it is to install a sub box in the back of my car. mostly like how hard it is to wire it, and haow hard it is to drill through the firewall to install my amps. any help would be appreciated. im not great at drilling into my car, dont want to damage it and want to know if its worth it just ot take it to a professional to have it done. ive seen people on this website remove their dashes, made me sick just lookin at it.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
It's not that hard... just requires a little know how, the right tools and some time.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
It is not that hard to get the wire through the fire wall. If you look closely you cna find a rubber garmet that you can run the wire through so you do not have to drill any holes. If you are scared to do it I would suggest geting it done by someone or have a friend help you out that knows what he/she is doing.

Hey
Dude I just said hell with it and did it myself with my car (i didnt want to pay for installation) just go to walmart pick up a 500+ watt amp installation kit. run the wire through the rubber gromet thing and tuck it under the carpet to where ever you put it... its actually pretty easy once you figure out what your doing... Just dont run the amp cable and the sub/speaker cables next to each other, unless they are perfectly parrallel. (youll get static)

If you would like to donate money to my car fund....

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I ran my red power wire from the battery, through the fender, underneath the driversides door hinge, under grey plastic trac that says celica, up the inside grey interior wall (by the rear speaker, to the trunk. Works fine for me. Took 15 minutes, tops; no drilling. Just removal of panels. Good luck.
--Rob

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
since were talking about subs, I want to keep my stock radio but I want to improve the sound. Would an amp by itself cover it or should I get new speakers before I even consider an amp?

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
I don't think the stock radio has pre-outs. I only know how to plug in RCA cables. Sorry dude. I'd buy a headunit anywhere from 150 bucks on up. I'd get at least 2 sets of RCA preouts: one for your subs' amp. and another for an amp that might power future speakers (or just speaker upgrades).

Also, an amp may blow your factory speakers. I've seen the inside factory door speakers, and swapped them out myself. Be prepared to at least dedicate a whole day to it. The rear are not installed, yet. They're adheared to the metal (no screws or nothing). I'm waiting for another activityless day to fall in my lap.
--Rob

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
what about just speakers then? can I just replace the speakers with better ones and just use the same lines they were using?

the stock cd player doesnt have any pre outputs. you can replace stock speakers and it sound better but for it to sound extra good, add a 200-300 watt amp to new speakers and it would be extra nice. Go to radioshack and you can get a preoutputs conversion to stock cd

2002 Celica GT-S Spectra Blue:
TRD Action Package
TRD Lowering Springs
18 Quantum Tek Wheels
Alpine CVA-1005 Indash TV
Alpine DVA-5200 Indash DVD
20% Window Tint
Viper 500ESP Alarm
S2k Antenna
MTEC Lighting Package
--------------
Hypnotized
Charlotte, N.C.

all you need to add an amp to your stock radio is a line inverter. cost me 10-15 bucks at Ovation. but apparantly the installation of it involves taking apart the head unit, which ended up making the whole sub/amp install take a little over 3 hours. I would have just done it myself but i had to get it done by a JL certified dealer inorder to get the 2 year warranty.
Also, i think new speakers would be a good idea if your going to add an amp, cause it wouldnt take a whole lot of powerto blow them. get some quality speakers and amp and your sound will kick ass thumbsup

~~Ryan~~ `n stuff

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Originally posted by ryansceli:
Also, i think new speakers would be a good idea if your going to add an amp, cause it wouldnt take a whole lot of powerto blow them. get some quality speakers and amp and your sound will kick ass thumbsup
not true the stock speakers are accually not to bad i have a rockford 400.4 hooked up to it and before that i had a xtant 400.4 hooked up to them and pushed them like a mofo and they loved it cause i was gonna get new speakers off my friend but didn't have the cash so i decided i was gonna amp the speakers anyway so why not try it to the stock and was shocked they could hold up but if you compare the gts stock to other car stock much better than the others