Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#10892 Apr 3, 10:05am
KC
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hey I found a new possible ECU http://members.shaw.ca/advancetiming/id20.htm the site says if you dont get results they will take it back plus pay for your shipping.they claim it works on our engine also. what do you think? is it possible this think would work on our ecu?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
That sounds pimp. Only $80! shocked
I think I may wait for someone else to try it, unless I just happen to find $80 laying around. Maybe a Group Buy could be beneficial, but if it doesn't work, there will be many disappointed people.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
shocked spineyes

WOW! if this thing is for real then i'm getting one. but that's the thing huh?...cuz if this thing turns out to be another JET chip then 80 bucks i can spend on MTEC lights here at ecelica!

KC
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
It says if you dont gain power they will buy it back plus all the shipping. might be worth it if someone had a dyno to check the gains.

KC
2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I emailed them this morning asking what kind of power gains we would get in our cars and how legit this thing is and they wrote back they just tested a corolla with the same engine and had some good gains. also they said we should expect about 10 hp in our cars after a dyno.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Does anybody know what it actually does? Cause if all it does is advance the timing of the engine, can't you do that yourself?

[Linked Image]

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
this is what my co-worker had to say, and he races cars so he knows quite a bit about performance mods:

looks like BS.

the venom unit is a piece of crap, and unproven. and this thing is supposed to be just like the venom unit. if all it's doing is advancing the timing, you can pick up a few hp IF it works. and it's not going to be 20hp like they show. advancing your timing can give 2-5hp typically.

and calling it "boost" is ghey.

"Even in the middle of a race when you need that "extra boost" 'to beat the guy beside you!! " <--- OMG, mad gheyness right here.
and their dyno sheets were made on excel. wtf is that? get a REAL dyno printout from a dynojet or something. but at only $80, maybe someone will buy it and test it.

Mike.

damn! i know that sounds harsh but he's funny like that. i don't know..i know he's experienced in such things but i also realise he's just one guy. i REALLY am hoping this is not a HOAX. because 80 bucks for 10hp..ouch. that's awesome.

ct
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
C'mon & hit me!
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
this is what my co-worker had to say, and he races cars so he knows quite a bit about performance mods:

looks like BS.

the venom unit is a piece of crap, and unproven. and this thing is supposed to be just like the venom unit. if all it's doing is advancing the timing, you can pick up a few hp IF it works. and it's not going to be 20hp like they show. advancing your timing can give 2-5hp typically.

and calling it "boost" is ghey.

"Even in the middle of a race when you need that "extra boost" 'to beat the guy beside you!! " <--- OMG, mad gheyness right here.
and their dyno sheets were made on excel. wtf is that? get a REAL dyno printout from a dynojet or something. but at only $80, maybe someone will buy it and test it.

Mike.

damn! i know that sounds harsh but he's funny like that. i don't know..i know he's experienced in such things but i also realise he's just one guy. i REALLY am hoping this is not a HOAX. because 80 bucks for 10hp..ouch. that's awesome.

rofl

//2k3 zephBlue celica

i don't think thats a stand alone system as they claim, isn't it more of a piggyback unit?