Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hello, for those who are interested, this is what the magnet bra looks like on your celi. seems tough enough to prevent those pesky rock chips. It might look better with some kinda red graphics on the bra but im trying to stick to the clean look (in otherwords, the poor guy without money for body kit look)

I had to remove the stock weatherstripping on the bumper cuase the front gasket thing was too thick to have both in the car at once. Took me about an hour to do cuase of all the repositioning to get it right. If you do plan on getting one, try to wait for a hot day so that the magnet bra will be more pliable. Today was the perfect day to do it in tennessee since its hot as heck out. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

[Linked Image from imagestation.com]

paidin

Paidin Fane
2000 GT-S 6 Speed
Absolutely Red

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
in your opinion - with the magnet movment (when driving over a crappy road or freeway) scratch up the paint on your hood?

also, how good is the quality of the leather - meaning, if water gets between the leather and your paint, do you think it can grow mold and muck-up your hood?

I ask this because I was at a junk yard a few months ago, looking for some tubing and found a CRX hood with a bra on it - I tried to remove the bra to get to the tubing and under the bra (on this almost perfect hood) was all sorts of mold and the paint finish was scrapped up where the bra edges covered.

[ 11-10-2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: isaac ]

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
BTW, it looks really good on your celica thumbsup thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Hi

I chose the magnet bra for two reasons. First it was cheap ($50 on ebay) and second, its not a normal bra. normal bras are leather or fake leather and does trap stuff under it which destroys your paint. they also flap in the wind which also helps to damage your paint. This magnet bra is like those refridgerator magnet business card material. Its like a huge sheet of magnet cut to shape. It comes with a gasket thing that goes around the outside perimeter of the bra on the front of your car. This keeps the bra in place and prevents theft (sort of). The bra itself does not move becuase of the magnetic force that holds itself to your hood. If your careful, you can make the magnet seal itself on your hood so that very little, if any, water can get underneath.

There is no way that dust can get under your magnet bra unless its in the form of dirty water but thats not too bad since the bra itself does not move around on your hood. Its pretty much flush on your hood too so it does not flap around in the wind like a normal bra. The only thing that I can think that is better is the 3M clear bra but thats too expensive for me at the moment.

BTW thanks for your complement on my car Isaac smile feel free to put the picture in your gallery if you think it would be helpful to anyone.

Paidin

Paidin Fane
2000 GT-S 6 Speed
Absolutely Red

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Paiden a little advice on your mag bra make sure you take it off every couple days and let it air out it will attract condensation and mold underneath Ive had it happen on mag signs.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
haha give this guy a break... he's trying something no one else has on their celica. I believe it will be very effective since like 75% of the paint chips are on the area where the magnetic bra covers... thumbsup

To keep the paint from going bad under the bra just take it off every day or so and clean it gently with a finishing cloth.

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GT
My bad your right it does look good and hope it works well.

"They don't make no seatbelt for the mind. So I can't buckle up for this ride!"

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Topping This Topic, "TTT"...
because I thought the topic title was interesting spineyes

[Linked Image]

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hmmmm, i dont have any problems with my hood regarding rock chips but my front bumper has 2 or 3 deep ones [Mad]

sounds really interesting though [Deal]

[Linked Image]