New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Emblem Removal

This is a pretty easy modification. Expected time to completion is approximately 15 minutes.

Materials Needed: Dental floss or fishing line, a hair dryer, a clean rag, and some paint friendly cleaner.

In the pictures below, we see the emblems that will be removed. It would be advisable to do this on a warm day, because it will make your job a lot easier.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Take a hair dryer, NOT a heat gun, as this may hurt your paint. Hold the hair dryer approximately 2 inches from the emblem that you want to remove and hold it there for about a minute or two. You will know when its ready to be removed, because it will wiggle up and down slightly.

[Linked Image]

Take a piece of waxed dental floss ( I used mint favored ) and slide it behind the badge. Then slide it up and down. Fishing line can be used in place of floss. Depending on how hot it is outside, you may need to re-heat the badge with the hair dryer again. Just go ahead and leave the floss in while doing this.

[Linked Image]

Once you have slid the floss through to the other side, the emblem should just pull off without any force. Once you have it off, you will need to use the hair dryer again to heat up the glue that's left over.

[Linked Image]

Once the glue is warm enough, take your index finger and rub the glue off.

[Linked Image]

One you have rubbed the majority of the glue off, take a clean rag, and rub the remaining glue off. Make sure that you don't use the same spot on the towel for too long, otherwise you will just be rubbing the glue into itself. To help you out, you can use a paint friendly cleaner such as a Road Oil and Tar remover. These products should be available at your local Canadian Tire or Auto store for about 10 dollars.

[Linked Image]

There, now the emblem is off, and you have a nice and clean look. Now repeat this for the Toyota Emblem on the other side of the license plate. Follow the same steps. The only difference is because its bigger, you may have to heat it up a few times.

[Linked Image]

Here is a picture of the finished product.

[Linked Image]

Source...
http://www.celispeed.com/installs/emblem_removal/index.asp

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
i did this procedure yesterday to remove my "TOYOTA" emblem... Got it off pretty good its just i used a small swiss army knife to get the "goo" off and made minor scratches...

Tip: Avoid temptation and Do Not use sharp objects to remove the "goo"

Last edited by CaffeineKid; Feb 10, 2009 6:03pm.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I removed my toyota emblem yesterday too.

Tip 1:
The more you heat up the glue with a hair dryer the easier it comes off. When i was helping my friend debadge his acura and RSX we got impatient and didnt heat the badge up enough... big mistake. The glue is a lot easier to take off when it all sticks to the badge and comes off in one piece.

Tip 2:
A clay bar helps once you get the badge off. Get as much of the glue off as possible and spray the area where the badge used to be with some quick detailer. Then rub it with a clay bar. Wipe it down and dry it. You cant even tell the badge was there. thumbsup

This is a really easy install, or should i say removal. If you got a blowdryer and 15 minutes youre set. smile

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Is there any way to remove the Front Grill badge, ive seen some celicas with different color ones...i was looking to get a red one. if anyone could help me on this issue it would be nice wink

[Linked Image]

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by devilinacelica
Is there any way to remove the Front Grill badge, ive seen some celicas with different color ones...i was looking to get a red one. if anyone could help me on this issue it would be nice

remove your front bumper, unscrew the front grill from behind and then pop out the entire grill w/emblem. now you have two choices, you can take your chance by trying to heat up the glue WITHOUT melting the plastic, and take the chrome emblem off... or you can buy a whole new grill for $28 and emblem for $11...

you can paint the new emblem for $4 or just get them colored from toyota for $42 (they call them "gold package", but the emblems are still plastic and come in several different colors)

I decided it wasnt worth trying to take apart the one I had, so instead I bought a new one and painted it the color I wanted...
[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
thanx ill have to give it a go thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
great instructions, I did this yesterday in about 10 minutes.. really came out nice. No scratches, no left over gunk where the emblems used to be. You can't even tell they were ever there!

Thanks for the guide, isaac, and for the tips, Ag3ntOrangE!

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Quick Question, if i take them of can i use them somewhere else? Can the glue be used again or no?
How does that work?

Thanks

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick Question, if i take them of can i use them somewhere else? Can the glue be used again or no?
How does that work?

Thanks

nope you'll pretty much ruin the glue in the process, but you can buy a brand new one from your toyota dealership pretty cheap.

[Linked Image]

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
good easy to follow instructions... just removed that nasty dealer emblem they like to stick you with :\ haha.

[Linked Image]
My stock rims kick ass!!!

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Damn good removal advice guys, I'll try it when it gets warmer out but i'm glad I read this first because I was going to just pry it off with a knife or spatula

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Hey, it seemed simple enough, but even w/ these simple instructions, i botched it!! lol The GT came off easy, but that left over gook just wont come off!! Iv used my fingers, rags, even a sponge (which somewhat stripped the paint), and lots of elbow grease; but you can still see the outline!!:-/ Any suggestions??!

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
touchup paint

04 Toyota Celica GT
04 Toyota Celica GT
just got done debadging, very easy...but i got sad when i found out that there are holes on the front...

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
Debadging '04 GTS with Tsunami Action Package...
Has anyone done it? I dont wanna try it if theres gonna be two holes underneath... is it glued like the back ones??? I hope so...

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
just wonderin'..I have a 2004 Celica GTS..and I'd like to take the front emblem off...the front of the 04 and 05 is different from the 2000-2003, any suggestions guys? thanx.

2004 Toyota Celica
2004 Toyota Celica
^^^ DONT...I heard that there are holes in the front under the toyota logo...thats why i didnt debadge the front thumbsup